Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: LAPD Hostage Killing 06/16/2018

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    At the risk of sounding utterly conceited, anyone with a serious interests in these topics really needs to hear my 8 hour talk. It's the most current research as well as a pretty solid model for how the mind works. It sounds long but, the presentation moves along fast enough to keep you engaged.

If you are a "why" person, you will love it. If you aren't, not so much. Some sick people have sat for multiple sessions without significant brain damage.
    I’ve trained a lot, for a hobbyist, with some incredible guys. Hearne’s eight hours is among the most valuable I’ve received.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’ve trained a lot, for a hobbyist, with some incredible guys. Hearne’s eight hours is among the most valuable I’ve received.
    That's another $20 I owe you - I"m not sure I can keep this up.

Seriously thought, thanks, I appreciate it.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Not to be a suck up but ......

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'm w/ JAD, been very fortunate to train under some of the best IMO but only caught John @ my one & only Rangemaster/Polite Society get together, which was the last one in Memphis. Sat. thru 8 hours & would do it again, now if only DB & Wayne could entice you to visit them for a HITs presentation, I'd be on it like a fat kid on cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Don’t forget people are fucking stupid.
    Sig line.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    And I'm one of the sick ones. The presentation is full of excellent and useful information. If you carry a gun or teach folks who do, you must hear John's presentation.
    I found the information to be applicable to firefighting as well. I think it would be useful for any profession/activity where you're operating under a similar level of life threat.

I have only seen the presentation once (PEP4), but this thread did prompt me to pull out the handout material and start reading it again. So far I am not more brain damaged than I was when I started. YMMV.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    I'm w/ JAD, been very fortunate to train under some of the best IMO but only caught John @ my one & only Rangemaster/Polite Society get together, which was the last one in Memphis. Sat. thru 8 hours & would do it again, now if only DB & Wayne could entice you to visit them for a HITs presentation, I'd be on it like a fat kid on cake.

Oh, yeah...

Sign me up if that can be arranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    What a shameless business plug that was for them...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    What a shameless business plug that was for them...
    In most cases, yes. In their case, they have done epic training on those resolutions in that area, for that agency and with multiple successes. Like most folks like Scotty, they were tossed like bath water post retirement, training discounted and standards previously established lowered or removed and the results of those decisions have come to pass. Scotty has dedicated a lifetime training that agency with an unbridled passion and used equipment he developed for training at ITTS to train officers for success in difficult problems. This is not a case of some dude with a training school commenting on something they don’t really know about and the “what I would do” syndrome rearing it’s ugly head. My training on those hostage systems taught by the same folks resulted in the successful resolution to several hostage situations when that info was passed down to my people.
    As far as the media. Scotty is the go to for many media outlets in LA and he has done exemplary work in helping pass on the complexities and realities of police use of force. It is a voice in an area where it is hard to get positive LE outlooks. It has taken a lot of work for establishing a decent relationship with the press in this regard.

My take....want to think it is a bad action and not take the training from ITTS, then that is a choice. From someone who has sweated that hostage rack and difficult hostage scenarios at ITTS, I ll will gladly take the open spot.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 08-21-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    In most cases, yes. In their case, they have done epic training on those resolutions in that area, for that agency and with multiple successes. Like most folks like Scotty, they were tossed like bath water post retirement, training discounted and standards previously established lowered or removed and the results of those decisions have come to pass. Scotty has dedicated a lifetime training that agency with an unbridled passion and used equipment he developed for training at ITTS to train officers for success in difficult problems. This is not a case of some dude with a training school commenting on something they don’t really know about and the “what I would do” syndrome rearing it’s ugly head. My training on those hostage systems taught by the same folks resulted in the successful resolution to several hostage situations when that info was passed down to my people.
    As far as the media. Scotty is the go to for many media outlets in LA and he has done exemplary work in helping pass on the complexities and realities of police use of force. It is a voice in an area where it is hard to get positive LE outlooks. It has taken a lot of work for establishing a decent relationship with the press in this regard.

My take....want to think it is a bad action and not take the training from ITTS, then that is a choice. From someone who has sweated that hostage rack and difficult hostage scenarios at ITTS, I ll will gladly take the open spot.
    Fair enough, perhaps I spoke out of turn.

My apologies.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List