Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says

More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says

Just read this off another site. Sorry if it was already posted.

Hundreds of gun owners in Florida have been ordered to give up their guns under a new law that took effect after the deadly Parkland shooting in February, according to a report published Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mo...ays/ar-BBLhi6I
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 08-01-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Please do not post the full text of a copyrighted work on PF.

As a Floridian this was the least of our worries post-Parkland. Personally it still is the least of my concerns. We came really close to some really bad options and depending on how the elections go this fall we could be facing them again.

There was already a statewide handgun waiting period, and a patchwork of county mandated waiting periods for all guns prior to Parkland. Waiting periods only applied to those without a CWP, and presume that's the case with the new one.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by rv245 View Post
    "Around 30,000 rounds of ammunition" were also taken, he said.
    That's the equivalent of 1.2 PF members.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    That's the equivalent of 1.2 PF members.

Okie John
    Not too far from the truth. Last time I moved across town I had to make a trip for the gun and ammo safes separate from everything else.

More than once I've been transporting stuff and thought, "Man if the media saw what was in my trunk right now, they wouldn't know whether to shit or go blind."

___

Back on topic, my biggest concern here is, this sounds like only a couple of agencies are filing requests and they are being granted virtually by default. I don't want to think this, but so far 64 petitions filed in Pinellas County and all of them approved by "the" judge. I'm always concerned when there might be only one or two judges overhearing all of these petitions. What legal recourse do those with petitions filed against them have when the petition is initially filed? Do they have further recourse before a trial or indictment is brought?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Just one trip? Piker.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I had to fill the back of the jeep 3 times just to move all ammo from the basement to the shed, after the last flood. And it sagged the suspension all 3 times. And I have heavy duty uprated suspension in it for towing and plowing duties. you need to up your game okie john.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

In South Dakota, if your ammo stash can’t fill a C17 transport your residency is revoked .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by rv245 View Post
    Roughly 200 firearms have been confiscated in the state since the law was enacted, Sgt. Jason Schmittendorf, of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, told WFTS-TV. "Around 30,000 rounds of ammunition" were also taken, he said.
    My God, 150 rounds per gun? Must be some sort of militia, doomsday prepper, wannabes. Don't know what the hell the rest of you all are talking about.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    In South Dakota, if your ammo stash can’t fill a C17 transport your residency is revoked .
    Last edited by hufnagel; 07-31-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

If your floor can support the weight of your ammo cache, you don't have enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List