Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Glock trigger manipulation with sights in motion

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I am self taught in that I have had no "formal instruction" outside of my Dad showing and encouraging the fundamentals of making
    an accurate shot.

I shoot Glocks by choice in competitions. I have held my own with them over the last 20 years or so. I say that
    so you all have some perspective on my thoughts on how I run a Glock trigger.

I highlighted Mr. White "keeping the trigger moving" as that is how I run and instruct, but as a simple man I like to use the analogy "swing set". In other words, the trigger is moved back and forth as one would see a swing set
    moving. Back and forth at the same speed. A swing can't move one way faster than the other when free-swinging.

I work to think and manipulate the trigger that way on every shot. Fast hose'em or 80 yard plate racks.

FWIW.
    Hmm... what part does reset play in your trigger technique -- or does it? I am a long time 1911 shooter just recently experimenting with a pair of G34s. I find the G34 trigger to be quite good, though obviously different than what I am used to. The Glock trigger reset is nice, and it seems to help speed up things between each shot (not sure that's a good way to explain it). I don't pin the trigger after a shot, and am enjoying the Glock trigger reset so far.

I like to use the analogy "swing set". In other words, the trigger is moved back and forth as one would see a swing set
    moving. Back and forth at the same speed. A swing can't move one way faster than the other when free-swinging.

I work to think and manipulate the trigger that way on every shot. Fast hose'em or 80 yard plate racks.

FWIW.
    What I find interesting is the opposite: Most people slap the trigger and get off of it when they learn to "go fast" and then "linger" on the trigger when taking harder shots: The press might be fairly quick, but the finger doesn't swing off of it, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    What I find interesting is the opposite: Most people slap the trigger and get off of it when they learn to "go fast" and then "linger" on the trigger when taking harder shots: The press might be fairly quick, but the finger doesn't swing off of it, etc...
    I try (I keep saying try as that is my goal) to not let my finger come off the trigger.
    12 splits at 7 yards? I bet some day light is seen, but again I try to have the rearward and forward motion be
    at the same rate.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

I try (I keep saying try as that is my goal) to not let my finger come off the trigger.
    12 splits at 7 yards? I bet some day light is seen, but again I try to have the rearward and forward motion be
    at the same rate.
    It is interesting... I always just think about taking the shot, never really think about the reset.

I guess I liken it to reading music: you clap on that downbeat, but don't really worry about resetting your hands - it just sorta happens.

Regardless - there is so much great info here...

As another data point, TPC, Manny Bragg and JJ teach to reset the trigger as fast as possible, with speed gains coming from resetting faster rather than pressing the trigger faster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I will have to dig around for some slow motion video, but I don't think anyone is resetting the trigger during muzzle lift.

A lot of people claim to do a lot of things and when they're deliberately performing it (whatever "it" is) as a demonstration, they can do it on demand. Otherwise, it ain't usually happening like they would like to think.

As noted by P.E. Kelley, video tells the tale.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I am not sure what someone claimed as to when they are resetting the trigger, and what slow motion video would exactly show, but I think most of us would agree that for shooting at speed, the goal is to get the trigger reset and ready to fire again as soon as possible.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not sure what someone claimed as to when they are resetting the trigger, and what slow motion video would exactly show, but I think most of us would agree that for shooting at speed, the goal is to get the trigger reset and ready to fire again as soon as possible.
    Absolutely!

at the same rate.
    I found one... With a Beretta, none-the-less!

User Tag List