Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Koala AIWB Mag Pouch

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GNRPowdeR View Post
    I'm wondering about a demo for how these play well with center line blades, please?
    Working on it. I'm home alone for the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    Stop it. Follow the link, send the man $37.20 (it's in your couch cushions) and stop bothering him so he can build and ship all our mag pouches
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I've already ordered one but would still like to know more about how it might work better with center line blades than other aiwb mag carrier designs.
    Not sure it will work better, just that is works as well as we could make it work. For many the handles on their knives can print and some are adding foam. With only a single soft loop in the way, and the other attachments being smaller, this allows the user to put the two items close and use the pouch to help tuck the knife handle.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Order placed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zart312 View Post
    Will this work with HK USP mags?

It should, it works with P30/VP9 and Sig mags, I don't see the USP's being too much larger.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zart312 View Post
    Will this work with HK USP mags?

In the picture above that’s a P2000sk mag
    I’m carrying. I’ve used it with P229 and PX4CC mags too. No problems with any of the three mags in the carrier.

That’s awesome. Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered one. If it doesn’t work I’ll have it for my G19. So it’s a win win in my book.

I’d completely given up on carrying a spare mag IWB but this has opened the door once again. You have some awesome gray matter upstairs, Tom.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

What's the difference between the metal/plastic magazine retention systems? I haven't carried a mag IWB before so I'm trying to decide whether to try this out with my P30 or Glock. The question about the USP mags is what intrigued me about that difference - USPC mags and USP45 mags are metal if memory serves correctly, but my USP9 mags are plastic.
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 08-06-2018 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    What's the difference between the metal/plastic magazine retention systems? I haven't carried a mag IWB before so I'm trying to decide whether to try this out with my P30 or Glock. The question about the USP mags is what intrigued me about that difference - USPC mags and USP45 mags are metal if memory serves correctly, but my USP9 mags are plastic.
    They're both friction the difference is thickness. There's enough of a range for each to be too tight to too loose but the starting point for both doesn't afford that range to make just one pouch.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Thanks, I'll try one out for metal mags and if I like the way it works AIWB I'll look at getting one for plastic mags too.

EDIT: screw it, I'll get one of both.
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 08-06-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Scrapping for pennies to get the M&P Orion and the Koala

Got mine today, they look great and I'm playing around to see how to best conceal with them.

Out of curiosity, is there any surefire way to tell the difference between the metal mag and plastic mag versions? I'm 99% sure I figured out which is which, but I'm wondering if there's any sort of proof mark or something I can reference before I just hit them with a paint pen.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Got mine today, they look great and I'm playing around to see how to best conceal with them.

Out of curiosity, is there any surefire way to tell the difference between the metal mag and plastic mag versions? I'm 99% sure I figured out which is which, but I'm wondering if there's any sort of proof mark or something I can reference before I just hit them with a paint pen.
    There was supposed to be a plaster with “M” in sharpie but I’ve been informed that my packing assistants removed all production remnants, critical marking included.

The Glock mag will feel tighter in the metal pouch and adequate in the plastic one.

The open ends when matched together should also be slightly off, but not much.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List