Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Koala AIWB Mag Pouch

I decided to mess about based upon the info shared by a couple of our members above...and swapped out Tom's @Dark Star Gear PTD loop for a spare Tenicor DCC clip I had removed from my Velo 4 due to fitment issues with the two installed.

(Tom had mentioned to me that he was running his Orion with a G17 with just the one DCC clip, so I figured if the engineer approves it after training with the holster that way, why not?)

Here it is with a G17 magazine installed...which is only 1.25 oz more in weight than a fully loaded G19 mag.

The G19 mag is even stealthier but the 17 doesn't print. The Koala fits right into the inguinal crease making it very comfortable.

Name:  Koala DCC.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  34.7 KB

The hardware does not scratch or contact the magazine body at all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I think it would be easier to carry my 26 than an extra magazine. My belt is the issue. I have a Volund G-hook Atlas and my off side is two layers of belt. The DCC doesn't fit over two and I couldn't position it correctly over one belt piece. I tried it just on my jeans but didn't like it. Yesterday I tried a loop of 550 cord(gutted) and that seems to work better but it needs to be longer, so I'll cut the short cord off and try again tomorrow with a longer piece.
    --Jason--

So, after spending a bit of time in my computer chair today, as well as driving for a couple hours back and forth to get my 4Runner serviced, I'm not convinced that my application of the Tenicor / DCC clip was an improvement to the original setup as received from Tom, @Dark Star Gear.

I think I may swap back and reevaluate for a while.

Just an FYI.

(I still plan to hold on to the DCC clip either for this purpose or for my Velo 4 as appropriate.)

Okay, I'm back to report that the original setup as received from Tom, with PTD loop, is far superior for me. Much more adjustability and comfort.

Don't hate the messenger.

Received my order from Dark Star Gear today with my lefty orange Koala for my Glock 48.

Name:  7E2180EA-E0B4-466B-8D49-09F84F4B86A7.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  41.1 KB

I left it set up pretty much as it arrived. Fit and comfort were good, it just sits there canted inward, bullets pointed centerline exactly as I expected. I may trim the PTD loop upper of extra material but I’ll give it a while first. Need to try some reloads on the timer but the cant is almost the same as I use for my game setup, so that should work. Very happy with this little guy.

User Tag List