Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Koala AIWB Mag Pouch

Starting playing around with this setup today. I had issues with a fixed soft loop spinning - my fault due to messing around with hardware too much but nonetheless - and had an idea that the tenicor dcc clip would work to keep it in a more fixed position. So far so good.

Name:  20200526_103522.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  40.7 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Looks like one of these is going to be my first 2021 purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Looks like one of these is going to be my first 2021 purchase.
    I've been eyeing one myself. (Check your PMs.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I got lucky and snagged a purple Koala on Christmas Eve from an FSoT listing. I have been carrying my extra magazine OWB so we'll see how this works out for me.
    --Jason--

Just got a Koala in the mail from Tom this afternoon...and while I didn't think I "needed" to buy another magazine pouch, I'm really glad I got it.

It's just a great design, super comfortable, makes carrying a G19 or G17 sized mag as a spare for my G26 a breeze, and doesn't print whatsoever in the location I wear it...all without having to modify the "as received" setup from Tom.

Highly recommended.

It's good to have a friend in Pennsylvania.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Starting playing around with this setup today. I had issues with a fixed soft loop spinning - my fault due to messing around with hardware too much but nonetheless - and had an idea that the tenicor dcc clip would work to keep it in a more fixed position. So far so good.

Name:  20200526_103522.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  40.7 KB
    I need to get a Tenicor DCC clip. The loop isn't working for me. I'm going to try a regular DCC clip but I think the Tenicor would be better.
    --Jason--

What is it that doesn't work with the loop? (Just curious.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What is it that doesn't work with the loop? (Just curious.)
    Being overweight the magazine and Koala roll out and print, a lot. It was comfortable but looked like when I had a colostomy bag. I adjusted the magazine to ride lower and then I couldn't grab it. I tried a Mod 8 DCC and I think it will work better, but with one screw doesn't stay tight; I don't want to loctite it till I know for sure. I have a DCC Mod 4 I'm going to try before I order a Tenicor DCC.
    Plus, with the belt I use the Koala feel off twice while using the bathroom.
    --Jason--

Thanks, Jason, for taking the time to explain the issues. I'll be interested in seeing how it works out for you with the proposed modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've been eyeing one myself. (Check your PMs.)
    Thanks blues; I think I mentioned in another thread, I did end up ordering one.

I had tried a G19 mag in a JM CK mag pouch I had, to see if it might work. The JM came with a plastic clip, so to simulate the Koala, I removed the clip and put a spare PTD loop on, and cranked down on the retention a bit, as the G48 mag I was trying is a little smaller. "For me" it fit fairly well in the triangular shaped area between the center-side of my holster (DSG Hitchhiker) and where my belt (MMT) meets back up with "me". It was a bit odd that I didn't really notice it much.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying my Koala when it arrives. Thanks again for the PM.

User Tag List