Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Koala AIWB Mag Pouch

Thanks, I had been using "feel" to discern the two. There was a small piece of painter's tape in one but no markings on the tape so I wasn't sure if that was supposed to mean something or not.

That aside, I carried a P30 mag in the one that I believe is for metal mags earlier today. Very comfortable and concealable, so I'm satisified. Would definitely pick one up for the Shield/G43 if you ever made one too - I don't always care spares for my double stacks, but never leave the house without a spare Shield mag.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Thanks, I had been using "feel" to discern the two. There was a small piece of painter's tape in one but no markings on the tape so I wasn't sure if that was supposed to mean something or not.

That aside, I carried a P30 mag in the one that I believe is for metal mags earlier today. Very comfortable and concealable, so I'm satisified. Would definitely pick one up for the Shield/G43 if you ever made one too - I don't always care spares for my double stacks, but never leave the house without a spare Shield mag.
    Blue tape would be the metal.

A 1911/G43/Shield model is in the works. Got slammed on these ones and need to stay afloat as it is. Once the initial wave wears down we can test the other version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Got slammed on these ones and need to stay afloat as it is.
    That's what you get for making the best stuff! ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Do you think the Koala would be able to fit a TQ in it instead of a mag?

It'll fit the bungee cord flow reducing thing but not a tourniquet. Most of the soft pouches seem to be preferred for TQ's. If there was enough demand we could consider it but I suspect they'd be too large or have too much overlap with existing products.

I posted this on the CZ P-07 mind blown thread. I really like this design.

That’s a 19 round metal P-09 mag in the Koala pouch. It is riding deep enough to not have an issue with roll-out, with a higher cap spare mag, and is leaving enough magazine exposed for me to get a good grip on the reload. No issue with printing - it seems fairly flat front to rear.

I could see adapting one of these mags for tuckable carry with one of the DCC clips int he future.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Day 1: Taking it for a spin with a dry fire FAST drill, par time 5.0 secs.

I got it down to about 4.2 secs later that week.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Day 1: Taking it for a spin with a dry fire FAST drill, par time 5.0 secs.

I got it down to about 4.2 secs later that week.

Have you improved your time with the new pouch, or just comfort/margin of concealment?

Have you improved your time with the new pouch, or just comfort/margin of concealment?
    I’m not sure it is faster per se, but I will say that the adjustability enables me to get just the right amount of magazine sticking up for gripping, while leaving plenty of magazine pouch below the belt preventing roll-out. This is the big design feature that I love. This adresses a a problem I’ve had with other non-adjustable IWB and OWB designs and the higher capacity spare mags that I prefer. The single loop pivots to the natural angle where it sits best - preferable to the fixed cant designs.

The tension and mag height were set perfectly for me out of the box (P-09 19 round metal mag).

This mag pouch most definitely improves my reload reliability, without compromising concealability or comfort.

The proof is in the pudding: with an overly long t-shirt (bad choice of range wear), I shot a 4.80 FAST clean in live fire earlier today, so it sure as hell hasn’t hurt me any. I had 4 other sub 5.0s runs that weren’t clean, like a 4.66 1B/1C and a 4.69 1B. This is about as good as I’ve ever shot it from concealment, but a fair about of that is my improvement in skill level over time. In the past I struggled with gettign sub 5.0s, clean or not.

Now I just need to be able to hit a sus 5.0s FAST consistently, on demand. I can see that in my not-distant future.

Blue tape would be the metal.

A 1911/G43/Shield model is in the works. Got slammed on these ones and need to stay afloat as it is. Once the initial wave wears down we can test the other version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any progress on a G43 version? I LOVE the Koala I have for my G19, and everything I've tried for the G43 is hot garbage in comparison.

User Tag List