Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof that alcohol and revolvers don’t mix

Proof that alcohol and revolvers don’t mix

At least when it comes to online gun purchases after you’ve had a bit of Evan Williams and are surfing gunbroker. Saw this on GB late last night/early this AM and thought throwing out a bid I figured wouldn’t win the auction was a good idea. Read the fine print AFTER I bid. Well, guess who’s now gonna be the proud of a beat up Detective Special that’s been cerakoted? That’s right. This guy. Hopefully she shoots ok.

Name:  9A86263C-D054-4ECD-87BF-643D25D2A9C4.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  41.0 KB

I blame p-f.com, of course. All these recent threads by DB and 03RN and others about old wheel guns got me in the mood for another wheel gun. Oh, well. Only cost me $235 w shipping.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Not too bad for drunk-bidding on Gunbroker. If the internals are messed up, or you don't like the bobbed hammer you can always fix it yourself.

It's a good thing they don't let me drink at work, else I'd have a shiny smith 29 right now and missing a rent payment
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Not too bad for drunk-bidding on Gunbroker. If the internals are messed up, or you don't like the bobbed hammer you can always fix it yourself.

I’ve never heard of that company. Thanks.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’ve never heard of that company. Thanks.
    I have a set of spare parts for my 3rd Gen S&W guns, Ruger P series, Colt M-16 parts and old Colts from them. Everything but the serialized receiver.

Fwiw my first revolver was an older Det special. I was just out of the Marines and the building Supervisor of science park in New Haven. I would walk through the old basements of the Winchester factory with it drawn and my Springfield mil spec holstered looking to kick out druggies and stray dogs. The irony was not lost on me.
    Last edited by 03RN; 07-30-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Wish I could blame my "less than stellar" (read, "not smart") online gun purchases on alcohol.

The only reason I missed that is I was looking for a snubby m10. Cause I would have bid on dat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude - at that price, if you don't like it, just box it up and ship it to my FFL in Dallas (not the same as DB's FFL, because you only make that mistake once. ) and I'll send you a check to cover your costs.

Site Supporter
    I'm glad I quit drinking before the days of online shopping and social media.

User Tag List