Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Proof that alcohol and revolvers don’t mix

Site Supporter
    There is plenty of room in the barrel to do anything within reason with the front sight. However, there is not enough metal in the top strap to cut any away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    There is plenty of room in the barrel to do anything within reason with the front sight. However, there is not enough metal in the top strap to cut any away.

Think there’s enough to dovetail in a set of rear sights like the 640 Pro has?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Think there’s enough to dovetail in a set of rear sights like the 640 Pro has?
    I specifically asked Colt about sight modifications many years ago. They said that the top strap is too thin to safely remove any metal. Cutting a dovetail is not an option.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I specifically asked Colt about sight modifications many years ago. They said that the top strap is too thin to safely remove any metal. Cutting a dovetail is not an option.

Thanks
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Well I have been looking at reruns of Gunsmoke lately. All of a sudden I have a craving for a single action 45LC revolver and a beer! Didn't realize how much I liked the old westerns. It's cool to see unknown actors that became well known stars.

Site Supporter
    The best part about resurrecting old guns is you can do whatever you want. If you start with a cherry example it might make more economic sense in the long run but I always feel bad about. I prefer a used but not abused example for carry and modifying. It usually does not make sense money wise but life is too short to really worry about it.

I like nice guns; I like nice cars; I like keeping them nice.
    But, I like beater guns, and I like beater cars, so you don't feel bad when you go and do the dirty with them.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I like nice guns; I like nice cars; I like keeping them nice.
    But, I like beater guns, and I like beater cars, so you don't feel bad when you go and do the dirty with them.
    What was it Mungo Jerry said (something that would not pass the current Politically Correct Ministry of Thought):

If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal
    If her daddy's poor just do what you feel
    ___

Ugly guns are the best for cutting up and turning into something else. The good news is, the only "cheap" Colts we see these days are ugly ones, the bad news is sometimes they're really ugly.

This one looks like it has potential and it makes me have dirty thoughts of sending a D-Frame to Cylinder and Slide and having a bunch of work done. I spotted a stack of 4" shrouded police positive take off barrels on gun broker. One of those fitted, chopped to 3", ported, a Yost-type gold-line front sight dovetailed in, rear notch opened up, super trigger job, dehorn it, chamfer and polish, then refinish the gun - carbon black TiNi? Birdsong? PVD? DLC? So many options for a thin but durable coating.

I blame p-f.com, of course. All these recent threads by DB and 03RN and others about old wheel guns got me in the mood for another wheel gun. Oh, well. Only cost me $235 w shipping.
    As an original founding member, I take full responsibility for this, and will happily compensate you for your troubles. Therefore, I’m prepared to make the standard offer I make for any used piece of gear or firearm.

Give you $5.00 bucks for it.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

AWEFUL cerakote job.
    That's not an awful cerakote job. That's an awful lot of pitting!

Go shoot it.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List