Page 91 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Same rifles as last time (two of my 16" Recces). It was cold as hell so I didnt stick around too long today. Zero shifted on the new Meopta ZD 1-4; was about 1" high at 100yd. Wonder if that was the optic or the cold weather. Other scope seemed to be fine. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it becomes and issue in the long term.

We got a foot of snow one day last week, fairly unusual for this part of OH. But that didn't stop the fellas from our Sunday gathering, though with only five of us showing up we shot our normal handful of drills on my three racks of plates and were packed up a little earlier than normal. We also determined all that brass will still be there in a few weeks (days?) when it is laying on the ground rather than being buried under the snow. Plus these days I tend to not bend over for 9mm unless more than one of them will be within my reach.

But I continue to be pleased with my Frankenstein M&P CORE that started life as my M&P-40 a way long time ago.

Name:  MMc MnP CORE V1.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  59.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Y'all should've been shooting revolvers instead, no worries about finding brass.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Y'all should've been shooting revolvers instead
    One of our group has been the last several weeks. I thought about it, but right now I am stocked deeper on 9mm than I am on revolver ammo/bullets!
    I will admit, one thing I do like about shooting 9mm is it kinda takes brass out of the equation. Some of my friends work out of my pool of the stuff, and others don't reload it, my supply actually steadily grows (approaching two 5gal buckets full...).
    Last edited by mmc45414; 02-22-2021 at 12:47 PM.

P30v1
    Night Fision 3 dots
    Octane 9
    Berrys 147 HHP

44 degrees, following about 6" of snow here in Ohio, created a nice back drop to shoot Coke cans.

Found several bullets glistening on top of the snow. Zero expansion due to distance and snow density.

Thought it made for a good pic.

Name:  20210223_155640.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  30.3 KB

Name:  20210223_161612.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  76.7 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

G48 MOS
    Swampfox Sentinel Auto / XS Minimalist Tritium Night Sights
    Waiting on my Darkstar Gear holster to arrive

Zeroed the dot at 25, I suck at groups at 25.

Mike

Hit the range this AM to zero 6 sighting system across 4 rifles (4 scopes, 1 offset MRDS, and a pair BUIS.)

Unfortunately I am an idiot and misunderstood how to set the zero stop on my PST II 3-15 (the scope on the 20" FDE varmint gun), so each time I set the zero stop, I was actually resetting elevation to the factory setting. As a result I went through 3x 20rd magazines zeroing this gun. Felt pretty stupid. At least it's a real peach to shoot...

Loving my new scopes. the Credo 2-10 is especially nice (and the zero stop is a lot more idiot proof, too!). I'll have to do a full writeup one of these days.

Site Supporter
    Needed to finish zero'ing the RDS on my new CZ P10C today, and the wife decided to tag along (she comes out once or twice a year to shoot). After I got the RDS and new iron sights zero'd I let her play with the CZ and our new-ish P365XL.

We're both adjusting to shooting a dot on a pistol.

P365XL

I also needed to verify zero on the MRO on my BCM after swapping mounts, so I let her have a go on that one on some steel at 100yds.

Then I let her send some rounds through the T1X. She's never shot a bolt gun or a high magnified scope before...after a few rounds she was ringing the center of a 4" gong at 100yds. with near 100% frequency. I think it became her new favorite gun.

Short trip today to the 100yd AP bay to correctly set the zero stop on my 20" varmint gun and to check reliability on my 16" sionics. The Sionics has been pretty gassy so I swapped in a H2 buffer. Zero was easy enough to set on the 20" once I figured out what I was doing, and I did some shooting with the 16" off a table set up at 50yd (2nd to last pic) to practice using the finger stop on a barricade. The gun shoots, but still kicks brass kinda forward. It's cycling just fine so I don't think I'll mess with it any more than that.

Last edited by Nephrology; 03-09-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Name:  3BECCAF8-96D8-4DD8-B7CE-C7CBD8780342.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  86.1 KB

It’s been a while since I’ve shot my Glocks. Revamped my first dot gun with grip work, a new slide from a member here, and an RMR06 Type 2. Put 250 through that gun to familiarize myself with it for carry. The DPP showed up after I got home, so that gun was shot with irons.

User Tag List