Page 78 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Beretta M9A1 with a LTT Elite top-end. I'm in California...
    First time shooting the Beretta with the LTT Elite top-end and NP3 LTT trigger bar and NP3 hammer and 14 lbs hammer spring. I'm really liking the pistol.

And my .22LR pistol and Aimpoint equipped semi-auto .22LR rifle.
    All as practice shooting 2 stages of Steel Challenge stages. 5 to Go and Accelerator. A lot of fun.

Forgot my shooting glasses at home so I had to shoot with zero correction. I did better than I thought I would. Good practice.

Yesterday I taught a CCW class. I demonstrated a few things with my 9mm M&P2.0C. I was also able to shoot some student guns, including a Sig 365, a S&W Bodyguard in 380, and a Shield in .40. The young lady with the Bodyguard had a very difficult time with the trigger pull. Another young lady was shooting a Ruger SR22 and rarely missed the 10 ring of a B8. First one of those I’d seen in person.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not today, but took the girlfriend shooting for the first time ever last week (tues). We've dated for almost 3 years now and have lived together since March 2018... so, suffice to say, the trip was long overdue.

Brought a mix of rifles and pistols, including the 10/22 I bought her for Xmas. She loved the 10/22! I enjoyed it quite a bit as well - I hadn't actually shot a .22 rifle in several years prior to last week. Forgot how enjoyable it is to not have to worry about recoil management. She was really thrilled with the gun, which makes me very happy.

She also really like my Glock 43, oddly enough - much more than my Glock 17, 19, and 26 that she shot side by side. Given that she has expressed serious interest in getting her CCW permit, that is also good news for me too. Good thing I own a pair of them.

I think the only gun she was a little intimidated by were my 11.5" 5.56 AR-15s. Got the sense that the noise made the felt recoil seem subjectively a lot more robust than it probably was. Still she shot them just fine and was able to keep her rounds on target which was all I wanted.

Next time she said she wants us to bring just a few guns so she can focus on building skill, which is music to my ears. She also really want to shoot the .30-06 Model 70 she inherited from her dad, but uh, I am thinking I will wait until she's a little more comfortable with the ARs first ...

All in all it was a great trip - looking forward to the next one!

M&p 2.0 core 5” ported RM09

21 feet. Strike anywhere match

Site Supporter
    Duke is a tough act to follow but I squeezed in a hour or so at the range.

First dusted off the M&P15/22 which I thought was zeroed. Apparently not but it has been corrected.
    Name:  9F640E78-B258-439B-92BF-ACF38381A0CD.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  77.5 KB

Got a few mags through the work gun including some SHO/WHO transitions at 7 and a 93ish /4x B8 at 25.

Name:  4ED59C2B-4ECB-4A31-A616-2F64CD98F729.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  ED20F6F8-6EA9-4F20-89D4-10EE18FD3419.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  53.3 KB

Not bad given how I see irons these days.

Took my niece and her roommate shooting. Niece has a Bodyguard 380 and the roommate had never fired a pistol. Roommate is looking to buy a M&P Shield EZ9 so I offered to let them shoot a couple of my M&Ps. I started them off shooting my 22/45 Lite which they both enjoyed shooting and did very well with. Then they tried the M&P9 M2.0 Compact. Both did ok but were anticipating recoil a bit so we stepped back to the .22. My niece was interested in giving my M&P9 CORE a try. I was very surprised that she went from just trying to keep her rounds on an IDPA target at 5 yards with the Compact to a respectable 8" group using the RDS gun. She commented how much easier it was to shoot. To me it makes sense but was not expected. They finished up shooting my AR at an 8" steel plate at about 50yds. They couldn't miss and absolutely loved it.

I confirmed zero on my personal and issued ARs and did a walk back on a 10" steel plate with my CORE. I forgot my dot torture targets so I called it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Zeroed the P365XL with Romeo Zero.
    What are your thoughts and impressions of the Romeo Zero? I remember reading one of the smaller SIG dots is supposed to be sketchy but I don’t remember which one.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    What are your thoughts and impressions of the Romeo Zero? I remember reading one of the smaller SIG dots is supposed to be sketchy but I don’t remember which one.
    The Romeo Zero is the one still having issues.

It’s ok so far but there are no click adjustments and the on/off adjustment button placement sucks.

I will be picking up a Holosun k model to have on hand in case it fails.

The current full size SIG RDS- the Romeo1 Pro is good to go - but it is essentially a 3rd generation optic vs the Romeo 0 which is a 1st gen optic.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Another Qual session done, raining and cold. About the only downside of shooting outside.
    Still loving my Beretta.
    Name:  F557FBD3-4B6F-40BD-A795-63686653C495.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  41.4 KB

User Tag List