Page 70 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Breaking in my Roland Special. It doesn’t like Wolf 115 in Magpul mags. But ran like a scalded dog with the wolf in factory mags. Those polymer mags must have some extra drag compared to the factory metal lining.

Attachment 56314
    Magpul Glock mags do not play well with steel case, and to a lesser extent aluminum case ammo. It’s a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Magpul Glock mags do not play well with steel case, and to a lesser extent aluminum case ammo. It’s a known issue.
    I have heard that, but it hasn’t reflected my experience. At least pre-comp days. I’ve bought mostly wolf for quite a while and haven’t seen those issues. But until I get through my stock of Wolf and the ammo situation stabilizes I’m stuck.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Yesterday was my fourth consecutive day going shooting, do you think I might have a problem?...

Sunday
    For years I have been telling myself I should get back into organized competition, and for years a shooting buddy has been saying I should join him for a local 3gun match, and I finally I did both. I feel OK about my carbine shooting (all that 9mmAR trigger times helped) and am happy with my pistol shooting, but I will just say that the shotgun stages are obviously architected by people that have either shotgun reloading skills or open class mag fed shotguns. Also next time my plan needs to be to plan my movements in a way that simplifies engagement without trying to game a few seconds out of the process. I ended up with overlooked targets and having to retrace some steps (couldn't dump both long guns in the same place), next time I will be all about K.I.S.S.

Monday
    The local club I belong to is starting up Steel Challenge matches on Monday evenings, and this is going to be a lotta fun. Placed OK, still just mid pack, but there were a lotta rimfire, CO and PCC shooters in front of me.

Tuesday
    A coworker (can I still call him that if we are both on furlough?) is one of the current batch of new gun owners (first handgun, shotguns a long time ago) but sure is doing it right, and we met at my club for his first live fire with his new pistol. I only fired a few shots but had a great time.

Wednesday
    Informal skeet with my buds at WPAFB R&G. 91/100, I am trying to keep better track of my overall for the evening, rather than just choosing to remember the good rounds

Since this is a gallery I grabbed a quick pic of my M&P that I shot Sun/Mon/Tue. Just an all stock 2.0 5" with Dawson FO sights:
    Name:  PlainOlMnP.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  65.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I'm pretty happy with it and I have owned almost all of the budget 223 rifles
    Thanks. Not sure why I’m looking at them since I just traded my Interarms/CZ .223 a couple of weeks ago, I’m not really interested in another .223 bolt gun. Maybe a .243...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yesterday was my fourth consecutive day going shooting, do you think I might have a problem?...
    No. Well, at least not related to range time.🤣
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Sunday
    For years I have been telling myself I should get back into organized competition, and for years a shooting buddy has been saying I should join him for a local 3gun match, and I finally I did both. I feel OK about my carbine shooting (all that 9mmAR trigger times helped) and am happy with my pistol shooting, but I will just say that the shotgun stages are obviously architected by people that have either shotgun reloading skills or open class mag fed shotguns. Also next time my plan needs to be to plan my movements in a way that simplifies engagement without trying to game a few seconds out of the process. I ended up with overlooked targets and having to retrace some steps (couldn't dump both long guns in the same place), next time I will be all about K.I.S.S.

Monday
    The local club I belong to is starting up Steel Challenge matches on Monday evenings, and this is going to be a lotta fun. Placed OK, still just mid pack, but there were a lotta rimfire, CO and PCC shooters in front of me.

Tuesday
    A coworker (can I still call him that if we are both on furlough?) is one of the current batch of new gun owners (first handgun, shotguns a long time ago) but sure is doing it right, and we met at my club for his first live fire with his new pistol. I only fired a few shots but had a great time.

Wednesday
    Informal skeet with my buds at WPAFB R&G. 91/100, I am trying to keep better track of my overall for the evening, rather than just choosing to remember the good rounds

Since this is a gallery I grabbed a quick pic of my M&P that I shot Sun/Mon/Tue. Just an all stock 2.0 5" with Dawson FO sights:
    Name:  PlainOlMnP.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  65.3 KB
    Nice. Which club did you go to to shoot 3g?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Nice. Which club did you go to to shoot 3g?
    Clinton County:
    https://www.practiscore.com/ccfsa-mo...-2020/register

And Steel on Monday was at Miamisburg, I was looking around for ya

Clinton County:
    https://www.practiscore.com/ccfsa-mo...-2020/register

And Steel on Monday was at Miamisburg, I was looking around for ya
    Didn’t know Miamisburg was doing Steel. I’ll have to check that out.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Didn’t know Miamisburg was doing Steel. I’ll have to check that out.
    Monday was the first, they are doing it next Monday, and then I think shifting to every other Monday. If you wanna PM me a email address I will forward the info from this week.

No match fee for member for the first match or two while they build the momentum.

Took my Mini-14 to the range yesterday. As I was updating my round count log I realized that this month I have fired only Ruger made firearms. Pity the range is so busy these days, I still have a couple of Rugers I haven't used in live fire this month and now I kind of want to make June an "all the Rugers" month....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    AFAIK every aftermarket trigger uses OEM trigger bars. Nobody makes their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is not accurate.

Many farm them out but only a few actually use OEM trigger bars.

User Tag List