Page 63 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    AIAE Mk3 .260 Rem. 24” Bartlein barrel by Dave Tooley. Testing loads using a new Whidden collet full length sizing die. 142SMK, 43.6gr H4350. Lapua brass. 100yds, 5 shots. Top 2 were cold bore/foulers. Next 3 were in the same hole. I like this die.

Nice! Bartlein makes great barrels
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Nothing. We're on lock down here so I'm trying my level best to avoid the range, although my private range is open. I'm thinking I may bolt this week or next because I see a lot of people out and about. I'll mask up and observe the social distancing. This shit's getting old. Live free or die.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Name:  IMG_4917.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  32.0 KB

S&W 43c. I just wanted to shoot this little gun. I grabbed an old box of shells and went out back. I shot the 8 Velocitors in it and started on the box of 100. I shot them all in about 10 minutes. The first 30 or so in the box looked kind of cruddy and was probably a mixture of stuff put in this box to consolidate and the rest were better looking. Yes, the sticker does say $4.29 from Western Auto. I have no idea how old the ammo was. We haven't had a Western Auto in town for 30 years.

100% reliability. I had a little bit of sticky extraction after shooting the cruddy stuff, but I could still push the ejector with my thumb with just a little extra pressure.

I like this little gun. Velocitors chrono at 970 FPS from it.

My new-to-me Iver Johnson Trailsman.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Still working on loads for the Tikka T3X Varmint 223 1-8. After about 200 rounds, groups seem to be tightening up. It loves Nosler 53FB blems over 24.5 TAC. Midsouth 62 generic BTHPS, Berger 73s, and Hornady 73 ELDMs over 24.5 TAC were all MOAish with an occasional operator error.

HR999 150 rds on steel.

P2000 40 rds over the chrono.

Name:  20200501_180848.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  62.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Combined some practice with some cardio.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I gotta work on posting images...
    Had a range session with youngest daughter, which was very satisfying and enjoyable(seeing her ding a 12” plate at 300 yards with her carbine made the day for both of us!)
    Also shot a Gen519MOS on a “cold eval”-the 10 second FAST, thanks vcdgrips! in 8.58.
    Confirmed zero on a new sight install, Warren/Sevigny night sights on a Gen4 G19; 8” plates out to about 25 yards.
    8” plate rack@10yards with a G43, clean.
    Rimfire G44 on Dot Torture.
    A great warm Spring day in free America!

Site Supporter
    Replaced the sights on the P99C I got from @GJM with Dawson's Charger rear and FO front sight and zeroed it. It seemed a shame to pull the still-good Trijicons off it but my 68-year-old eyes need a big red blob on the far end of the slide. It's now spot-on with my 124-grain FMJ handloads and 124-grain +P HST.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Hostage targets, with cabbages playing the role of bad guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List