Page 5 of 226 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

15-3, High Power MkIII, Security Six.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I shot an XD “Tactical” .40 in USPSA Production. It’s something I set up 10 years ago, and haven’t shot it much since. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did.

It’s part of a self initiated challenge I’m taking on. 50 matches, 50 different guns. This was 4. Only 46 more to go.

Site Supporter
    Bergara .308 - tried some match ammo, IMI 168 grain and PNW 175 grain. Both grouped about an inch / 1 MOA for 5 round groups at 100.

PSA .22 AR upper with Holosun RDS and Aguila “Super Extra.” It grouped about 3” at 50 yards. OK but I’ll need to try it with a magnified optic.

G17.5 MOS with bolds at 25 yards. They hang over the rear but I am digging this gun. The Federal Syth coated 150 grain load is plenty accurate.

Name:  3335B202-FFF6-4D1F-8C0C-F39BAB70312A.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  46.5 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 11-04-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Name:  suppressed 22s.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  72.6 KB

Awaiting the threaded barrel for the Beretta 21A, then I'll have my little Mossad toy completed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I shot an XD “Tactical” .40 in USPSA Production. It’s something I set up 10 years ago, and haven’t shot it much since. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did.

It’s part of a self initiated challenge I’m taking on. 50 matches, 50 different guns. This was 4. Only 46 more to go.
    This is in the Gallery section. So....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Last USPSA outdoor match of the year today. I am really digging this pistol.

Name:  E1A74F55-75F7-4493-B0BB-682C9E9CAFF6.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  51.3 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Shot Glocks. Duty gun and 19.4 MOS.

Ran some hateful 8 drills (8 rounds/ 8 yards/ 8”circle in seconds w a reload). Need more work on the MOS.

Name:  F691483A-280B-4F5D-81AA-EBF276AC8DA3.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  51.0 KB

Name:  A570631B-8D98-43D1-BC95-D6CBE547B67F.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  29.5 KB

Tried to run the MPX but it definitely does NOT like Blazer aluminum.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-05-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    This is in the Gallery section. So....
    You're right. My pistol skills far outshine my photography skills, though.

Name:  xd40.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  102.6 KB

These pistols were really popular for a very short period of time. I think Springfield shot themselves in the foot (pun intended) by refusing to sell replacement parts for these pistols. People flocked away from them as fast as they flocked to them, mostly because of this.
    Last edited by Bucky; 11-05-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    A few days late, but I shot my first round of sporting clays for a charity event on Friday. Got tapped for a team from work and pulled out the only gauge I had worthy for the job. The old $150 Mossberg that's been sitting in the back of the safe since I bought it almost 10 years ago. No idea what choke was in it, I didn't do that well, but it was the first time in recent memory that I was shooting for fun and not work/training/USPSA/multi-gun.

I like it enough that I just might have to see about getting one of those fancy over/under gizmos.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    These pistols were really popular for a very short period of time. I think Springfield shot themselves in the foot (pun intended) by refusing to sell replacement parts for these pistols. People flocked away from them as fast as they flocked to them, mostly because of this.
    Funny, that's about what killed them for me. I was getting into USPSA about the time they were the hot ticket and almost got an XD9 Tactical for a Production gun. The lack of availability of parts was a deal breaker so I started to look at Glocks. Couple that with winning a random pistol at a GSSF match and my course was set. Probably for the better.

Sent from my fruit based pocket computer using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: I work in the firearms industry as a designer and engineer. My posts do not represent the opinions or positions of my employers, past or present.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List