Page 37 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    My match elite ltt, body double to my carry elite ltt, idpa match.

Had the opportunity to shoot my personal Gen5MOS19(ACRO), issued GLOCK G45MOS(RMR2) and Gen5G26(BOLD sights) all at a First Person Safety event with Lee Weems and company. Broiling day here, but managed to pass evaluations with each.Drills for skill improvement- good workout with good folks!

Site Supporter
    Test drove my latest acquisition, 2.75" 66-8. It was in the "get rid of this" pile at work and I had to give it a good home. I blame @03RN for planting the seeds on this one. I've already got some Altamont grips to play with and a lock delete kit and new sights are going to be en route soon.

Name:  66-8.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  48.9 KB
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Went to a turkey shoot.
    Shot a scoped club 10/22 at steel silhouettes. (They seemed to have gotten
    smaller since last time.)

Also shot a scoped Browning Buckmark carbine. A young man was
    given one as a graduation present. He let me fire a couple of rounds.
    Made me wish I had bought one when I was looking at them years ago.
    Seems like it would make a good suppressed .22.

Fired a scoped AR carbine a few times offhand at a metal plate at 400 yards. Even with the
    4X scope set on 4, it wasn't enough scope for me to see what I needed
    to do to hit. The day was really dim, with a few drops of rain. That
    didn't help. Hit all around the plate. Next time back to my
    deer rifle, or at least one with a higher power scope.

Shot a 50 yard target with a Remington bolt target .22 rifle. Globe front sight
    and peep rear. Couldn't see the front sight well so had trouble grouping.
    Got to do it earlier in the day next time.

Springfield Armory .45 pistol was the last thing I fired. Had five
    rounds and five plates. Gun was set up for six o'clock hold and all
    but the last plate went down. On that one six o'clock hold was too low.
    Could have won a chicken if I held two, or three, inches higher.

Saw a friend I haven't seen more than a couple of times this year.
    He's been to Camp Perry, on two motorcyle trips and out of the country once since
    summer started. No wonder we haven't been in touch. May try and do
    some hunting now that the fall seasons have started.

Site Supporter
    Glock 17 in an IDPA carbine match (you could use pistol), 1,1,1,2,1 points down on 5 stages.

I truly like the Gen 4 17.

Practiced my DA shooting with my 9mm and 45 Beretta Storms on Saturday. Practiced with hammer decocked and firing two shots- hit the decocker and did it again. I feel a lot better with that first DA shot after all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Test drove my latest acquisition, 2.75" 66-8. It was in the "get rid of this" pile at work and I had to give it a good home. I blame @03RN for planting the seeds on this one. I've already got some Altamont grips to play with and a lock delete kit and new sights are going to be en route soon.

Name:  66-8.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  48.9 KB
    Nice

Bi-monthly training group, M&P9fs. Ain’t gonna lie, I haven’t done crap for training in quite some time it’s definitely time to get back on the bus. Killing it on strong hand. Got a metric ton to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Range day with my brother.

I shot:
    Marlin guide gun 45-70,
    Henry 22,
    Ruger takedown 22,
    AR with a Nightforce NX8
    G19,
    LCP.

The Ruger and the lever guns all have aperture sights, the Henry has a Williams Receiver Sight w/Target Knob and a globe front sight, the 45-70 has the same type Williams rear and the original hooded front sight painted red. The Ruger has the Williams Fire Sight FO front and aperture rear.

Had a good bit of wind so standing shots suffered but from the bench all the rifles were consistently hitting a 10" steel plate at 100 yards. I can't emphasize enough how much an aperture sight improves performance on the lever guns and the Ruger. The FO front on the Firesight completely obscures the 10" plate but with good trigger control you can hit 10 out of 10 with it.

45-70 light loads were working great, the full power loads are kind of a pull the trigger and hang on deal. I can't see where the bullets are hitting due to the fireball and other general mayhem. I use to be able to hit with them, got to get back on that horse.

The AR with the scope is kind of a no brainer, I need to get some cables for my 6" steel plates to be able to hang them for a harder target.

We even got a nice rain shower and I got half soaked running back from painting steel.

We moved over to the pistol range and worked with the Glocks and I ran about 20 rounds through the LCP.

A good day, next Monday will be back to pistol centric practice, got to get my IDPA mojo workin' again.

Gringop (I got a gypsy woman giving me advice..)
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Dot Torture (x2) at 3 yards

I still suck

User Tag List