Page 26 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Yesterday was “Shoot antique non-effective weapons” Day.

Name:  1A047868-B93C-4911-9B12-801DA3971137.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  87.4 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Two day USPSA match over the weekend. Elite ltt. Mec gar mags I got from a fellow pf’er worked just fine, indistinguishable from ones I already owned.

After not being able to hit the outdoor club range in a while due to time and distance, I forced some free time and hit the nearby indoor range for an hour. Lousy indoor lighting and pressed for time means no pics.

Warmed up with the MkIV 22/45 Lite, a mag through the 9mm Shield 1.0 then several mags through a rental 365XL for comparison. Several mags through a full size 9mm 1911 trying to figure out intermittent FTExtracts (no joy and it's a maddening project build anyway), more through the 365XL, 3 mags through a new to me 5" M&P40 Pro, swapped the rental 365Xl for a full size 320 then finished up with the 9mm 1911 (still no joy).

Now I have myself a bit of a conundrum. I wanted to like the XL as a possible replacement for the Shield (12rds vs 9) but I didn't want to like it because SIG ethics and I've already got the Shield. In the end I like it but there's finally a double stack 9mm that feels too small in my hands. Felt like I was holding a broom handle and with the flush 12rd mag the grip is about 1/8" too short or so. I suppose more familiarity with it, one of those slip on grip maker bigger things and extended baseplates would do the trick.

Actually there's 2 conundrums. The second is the 320. I was thinking about picking up a 5" M&P9 Pro to go with the .40 or at least install an Apex 40-9 conversion barrel. I've also been pricing out a non-Glock G17 or 34 DIY build as another option. Similar to the above, I didn't really want to like the 320 because SIG ethics and I've already got the M&P (at least the non-G build gives me the option of cheaper mags that can run in my Ruger PCC) but dang if the 320 didn't have a pretty nice trigger (no idea of round count, it's a rental after all) and I'm hard pressed to determine if the M&P or SIG ergos felt better to my hands.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Been shooting a lot of my Ruger Mk. IV lately and loving it, but I had to check some handloads with my GP100 at 20 yards.

I also shot a Glock 19 for the first time in months. Also at 20 yards.

The revolver was easier to shoot for accuracy than most Glocks I've fired due to the smoother DA trigger press being easier to manipulate than the hitchy, gritty striker fired Glock. Go figure. Fired another couple cylinders just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and for the most part I was fairly cognizant of when I wasn't correctly pressing the trigger, which again, is a skill I haven't quite mastered on a Glock trigger (wild ass flyers shown for reference). The wadcutter holes are the GP100, the standard FMJ is the Glock. If I'm observong good fundamentals, the Glock gen 5 is the most accurate Glock I've ever fired, but even the slightest mess up is punished severely.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Old S&W's and 21st Century Colt Commander today:

S&W 38/44 Outdoorsman and M&P .38spl, both from 1947.

Colt 21st Century Commander, .45 ACP, one of my favorites:

Last edited by oregon45; 08-16-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    Looking at my dozen or so polo shirts that have gone unworn due to my affection for my full-size PX4, I decided to switch to my P99C for most of the remainder of the summer to get some use out of them. I haven't shot it much recently, so I made it to the range today to remind myself how to draw and shoot it. I decided to use the five-yard roundup drill because it uses a good combination of skills. It's also a ten-round drill, which works with the ten-round mags the pistol uses.

And...I sucked tremendously the first couple of iterations. Fliers all over the place. The shorter grip, combined with the holster which holds the grip in much tighter to my side, made it harder to get a good firing grip on the draw and required extra concentration on the SHO and WHO strings. My last try was a 91, nothing to write home about but the fliers were down to three eights. I obviously need more work with this gun.

And the polo shirt I was wearing was a bit slower to draw from, you can't just fling it out of the way like a square-bottomed shirt. First world problems.

G48
    Smith 642-1

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_5080.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  38.8 KB
    686 at a USPSA match.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Elite ltt, USPSA style “outlaw” match.

LWRCI M6IC 10.5" carbine for the last two days, teaching a patrol rifle class.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List