Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

On my last range trip, my primary (oldest) G19 was shooting to the right, I put it aside and switched to my secondary G19 for the rest of the session and for carry this past week. I detail stripped it during the week, didn't find anything wrong, cleaned and reassembled it.

I sighted it in today and drifted the rear sight .145" left. (Not that big of a nerd, just had the dial calipers handy.) Now both guns are shooting dead on at 15 yards. I need to find a better "shoot from a rest setup" than "rest my hands on my bag, spread my legs, scrunch down low and shoot". I got better groups standing up and taking my time than from the "rest".

I have no idea why POI shifted 3-4" to the right at 15 yards on this gun. It got a new glock barrel 2 years ago and was sighted in correctly then. Maybe the barrel just wore in a little in 2 years.

My club has added cameras on all the action bays, located on the right sight of the covered firing lines, with a radio/wifi link up to the main education building. I don't know if they are pan and tilt or just fixed wide angle lenses.

This club has allowed organized practice in the action bays, in the past they must have a certified USPSA or IDPA RO present and must be scheduled. Now, in addition, the organizers of these practices have a 18x24" sign that has their name on it with words identifying it as an organized practice, they must show it to the camera then display it prominently in the bay so that everyone can see it.

I'm guessing that some folks have been setting up unauthorized practices and running stages/scenarios that are not allowed. It sucks that because some folks skirt the rules that we now have to have the Pinkerton Eye on every bay. I understand the liability issue.

This club requires a clean background check or LTC (License to Carry) to join. You have to pass a one-on-one shooting safety evaluation from one of the designated club safety officers, attend an orientation meeting and be voted in at a general meeting by the membership. Thugs, shit stains and unsafe retards don't get in.

I always shoot from the covered firing line, ensure that target placement results in the shots hitting the lower part of the berm and follow the rules, I use to be a certified IDPA SO and a RA RSO. From now on if my target is 5" in front of the allowed distance, I'm not sure if I now need to add a "shooting while in a disguise" portion to my training. Maybe a Brock Samson mullet.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Site Supporter
    The night before last I got to the range with my PX4 D with the new-to-me TLR-HL mounted on it, my first time ever shooting a pistol with a WML. I was surprised to find three other guys there, shooting under the rather dim range lights. I put up an IDPA practice target at about seven yards and ran through a box of Magtech 115-grain and five rounds of 124-grain +P HST (my carry ammo). Things I noticed:

• That light sure is bright, especially on a light-colored target
    • My mind was somewhat confused doing two things at once (depress momentary switch, pull trigger) when shooting more than one round at a time
    • No whining about sight picture with that much contrast
    • The WML overpowers the muzzle flash, even with the relatively flashy HST

I shot mostly singles and pairs from ready. Accuracy was about the same as shooting in daylight, recoil was less probably due to the added weight.

I'm going to swap the light over to my currently-unemployed M&P .40 and do this again. If it works out at least as well with the M&P, I'll probably leave it on there and make the M&P my dedicated nightstand gun.

Site Supporter
    SW 1911Sc - scandium Commander. Decided to shoot out various Hornady, DPX, Corbin, Sig - HP as well as WWB. Gun ran without a hitch with all the various rounds. Recoil was not a problem. Usual 0 or 1 hits except for for a head shot that decided to go to hard cover and one target that I forgot to double tap after one shot and then a reload.

Site Supporter
    I am spending more time on long range rifle plus I will be hunting out west again in October - took my Ruger Precision Rifle 22 and worked on trigger control at 25 years off bench. Lots of fun shooting the RPR 22 and no reloading to feed it required!

Finished the range trip with about 100 rounds through my SA RO 1911 9mm. Used multiple steel targets and practiced 25 yard slow fire, then draws with 1 shot, draws with 2 shots, and draws against multiple steel.

My M&P15-22 wouldn't lock open on the last round. Did a little googling and the fix is to trim about a coil and a half off the BHO return spring. I did that and now it locks open every time. I'm guessing S&W is using a spring for a centerfire rifle and the rimfire mag springs don't have enough force to engage the BHO before the bolt moves forward. Now the only issue with it is that the mags don't drop free. Other than that it runs like it's competing in the Olympics.

And a Beretta 92 because pizza guns are life.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    First rounds on my newest LTT elite - idpa match yesterday, and speed steel today. Flawless, and quite literally right out of the box. I’d guess around 250 rounds total. Very happy with this weapon, as I have been with her sister.

Site Supporter
    Shot my PX4 at the local USPSA club's annual championship match. I did okay on five of the six stages. That sixth stage had a Texas star behind two no-shoots with about a two-plate-wide opening to engage it. My intense hatred for Texas stars was reinforced. The gun ran fine, though it did show its dislike for Magtech 115 hardball by needing a smack on the back of the slide at LAMR on one stage to get the round up the feed ramp. It ran fine when shooting. And I'm out of that stuff now, finished the match with S&B 124 hardball.

I did have an eye-opening moment during one stage. I failed to properly seat a magazine during a reload and got the dreaded bang-click. I did a tap/rack and finished the stage with no further drama. At the unload-and-show-clear I noticed my left index finger was bloody. I did an overhand grasp when I racked the slide and apparently, the stock decock lever nailed me with its sharp leading edge. Need to decide which levers I'll replace them with, probably the 92-style ones.

Site Supporter
    I picked up a used Savage 10 BVSS 223 for practice and take some wear off the 6.5CM. Mounted scope etc last night and had a zero day. Also put a new scope on my 20 inch 6.5 Grendel AR so had to zero it. Both shot well - lots of fun. 100 rounds of practice through the M&P 2.0 5 inch FDE 9mm.

Site Supporter
    A Ruger 10/22 with synthetic stock and SS barrel. Has a rail and Leapers optic with red or green selectable reticules. 25 round mags. Handgun G4 Glock 17.

Followed up by seafood enchiladas.

Site Supporter
    Shadow 2 at Berwick, Me. USPSA classifier match. 1st place Limited.

User Tag List