Page 2 of 226 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

I shot my AR today. I just went back to a stock trigger after several years with a Geissele SSA. I keep an AR for SD and my training as of late has been focused around 0-25 yards, low/no light, and working around structures. I have a 'thing' for a 25 yard hostage-headshot and I thought I had to have a good two stage trigger.

I don't. Even after a lot of rounds and time away, I'm still very comfortable and felt more at home with the stock trigger at close range. My splits are quicker and tighter with less perceived effort. I know that I'll suffer some at the 200 yard line though.

Saturday afternoon, my wife and I met a friend at the range and tried out his 9mm AR. (Local shop build, PSA dedicated 9mm lower, dunno what upper, Vortex tube dot sight with a green dot.) It was the first time either of us had shot an AR or a dot sight. It darn near felt like cheating - on USPSA targets at relatively close range, it seemed like I could crank on the trigger as fast as my finger could go and never land a shot outside of the A zone. 9mm in a rifle, even blowback operated, just doesn't have enough recoil to move the gun much. It *almost* felt like paintball. Something similar may be in our future - I've had a case of the wants for a SIG MPX for quite a while, but not the budget; apparently my friend only spent about $850 on the gun all told, which is a lot more palatable than the $1500 an MPX commands before you even put a sight on it.

Put a little over 100 through the Beretta 92 compacts, 75 or so through a new to me 3.6" version 1.0 M&P9c I traded into last week and 100 though this:

Rock Island Tactical that was an impulse buy a couple of weeks ago. I found out my hands notice 100 rounds of .45 more than they used to...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

What did you shoot today

Wilson Vertec Brig Tac at USPSA!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still wringing out the K6. Today was 110 WWB and Remmy Golden Saber 125; mid-range .357 proofing. (old pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Still wringing out the K6. Today was 110 WWB and Remmy Golden Saber 125; mid-range .357 proofing. (old pic)
    How are you liking it?

How does it carry compared to saw a SP-101 or even a Glock 26 size gun?
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 08-25-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How are you liking it?

How does it carry compared to saw a SP-101 or even a Glock 26 size gun?
    I’m liking it so far, a lot. If you’ve followed the K6 thread, you know that 2 of the forum-owned guns have broken firing pins in dry fire, so I”m keeping mine in "vetting" status for a while.
    I’m at around 500 rounds of mixed.38/.357. So far, so good. The only carry is to and from the range. If you’ve owned an SP of equivalent barrel length, then you already know how it rides. G26 is smaller, but the roundness—both overall profile and at each edge, makes this K6 seem at least as easy to conceal, IMHO. I’m using a trigger guard static line for the moment, so there’s no extra bulk. It’s a thin wheelie.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I don't normally take a bunch of different guns to the range but I wanted to try out several things today. I had a couple sets of G10 grips to try out, I just installed a thumb safety on my M&P45, and I just picked up a CZ SP-01 yesterday. We're supposed to be switching from M9's to M17's next year so I wanted to try out some different things with frame safeties. I have an larger safety for the CZ on the way from Cajun.

Top-to-bottom, SA Operator with VZ frag pattern grips in dirty olive, trade-in M&P45 that I had just installed the safety on and removed the magazine disconnect, Beretta 92A1 with StonerCNC grips, CZ SP-01 that is bone stock.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 08-26-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quick trip after work.

Last edited by StraitR; 09-06-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I just installed a thumb safety on my M&P45
    How was that process? I want to order the kit to put on on my 9c.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List