Page 195 of 232 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

This afternoon I completed the three day Rangemaster Master Instructor Development class. I mostly shot my M&P9 CORE/ACRO, and used my old GP100 for the revolver portion.

Installed an LTT NP3'd steel trigger into my Beretta 92X-D. Along with the stainless barrel it makes a sharp looking gun, and is smoother to the touch and in operation than the factory polymer trigger.

Glock-trying to maintain…

Fridays around here usually quiet. I worked a bit with a local restaurant manager-a lady- who has taken to shooting on a somewhat regular basis. She got a Glock 17 from the owner, and had a gratifying account to share. She unlocks and sets up the restaurant a few days a week-0530 or so. A few days back she had two “dudes” (my term) come in before opening. They stopped at the front door by the register and asked if they could get coffee. She was at a back counter; they began to approach ~10 yards or so, and she drew to what we used to call “ guard”. They quickly decided to fade into the predawn darkness. I say, good for her!
    Shot a G45 with a C&H DUTY sight on a couple of drills: 1.77 second “Cold Heat”(concealment draw to a B8@5yards). 94 points on a 5 yard roundup. Finished with my personal G26 on a “Trigger Prep” run. There is a little silhouette that is about the size of a 3” Post It note. Used that @ 5 yards: 10/10.
    I hope everyone has a quiet and cool weekend…

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Installed an LTT NP3'd steel trigger into my Beretta 92X-D. Along with the stainless barrel it makes a sharp looking gun, and is smoother to the touch and in operation than the factory polymer trigger.

That looks good, but none of my X guns came with polymer triggers.
    All of them are metal.
    I have 2 Centurion and a full size, all metal triggers
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    That looks good, but none of my X guns came with polymer triggers.
    All of them are metal.
    I have 2 Centurion and a full size, all metal triggers
    Glad to hear they're using steel triggers on the regular production X's. All four of my 92X-D's have the polymer trigger.

Name:  08674A02-A6B5-4040-BA4B-6FF3EDB6574C.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  43.7 KB

This afternoon I shot my carry M&P9 2.0C, having forgotten to get the practice one out of the safe. Last weekend I shot my CORE/ACRO and I wanted to shoot my iron sight gun. I shot a poor Rangemaster Baseline Assessment. I then shot the current Rangemaster drill of the month (I’m glad I took the ACRO gun to class). I shot Justin Dyal’s Prep Time drill and then another run at the Baseline drill.

Site Supporter
    Zeroed the Holosun 507 Comp on the Walther PDP. A significant improvement over the Ameriglo Haven which came on the gun.

Name:  IMG_1910.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  50.2 KB

The PDP is also a bit over sprung out of the box (18lb recoil spring). I tried the ZRTS guide rod with a 13lb recoil spring. The gun tracked and returned much better and functioned fine with standard velocity 124 grain FMJ (PPU and Geco). However, with hotter +p and equivalent ammo such as +P gold dot I had a few failures to return to battery which may have been slide bounce. The gun extracted ejected, and picked up a fresh round, but I would get a failure to fire where the slide was slightly out of battery. If I simply push the slide forward instead of racking the slide and chamber in the new round the gun, we’re going to battery, but I would get a dead striker.

I’m going to swap the 13 pound spring for a 15 pound spring and see if that takes care of the issue.

Also shot my 9mm Commander (converted from .38 super) which just came back from the gunsmith. Had the extractor re-tensioned, the plunger tube re-staked and some other minor tuning. It shot really well with everything (including Glod Dot) except our Winchester flat point practice ammo from work. It did not like the flat point ammo out of Wilson or Tripp Cobra magazines.

Name:  IMG_1952.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  31.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1918.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  27.7 KB

Finished with a little carbine work.

Name:  IMG_1940.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  80.4 KB

The SPEAR LT shoots really well, particularly suppressed but it’s quite front heavy. More so than a 16” MR556. Thinking about selling off the 16” SPEAR LT and SBR’ing an 11” 5.56 SPEAR LT pistol.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-31-2023 at 10:35 PM.

First 250 rds. with a new G19.5 blue label. Ameriglo 3 dot night sights with .125 orange ring front and .165 rear. Apex trigger/connector, LTT grip anchor, Tango Down slide stop lever and mag release. Identical to my carry G19 minus the 509T and SCD, going to be my work backpack and travel gun.

First 3 rounds gave me enough of a warm and fuzzy enough to stop and take a pic:
    Name:  IMG_0230.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  43.5 KB

I’ve been running Glocks exclusively this summer, both RDS and iron sights, and the combo of grip anchor and Apex trigger has really unlocked the weapon’s potential for me. I used to shoot P-series SIGs probably 20% better than the Glocks, but my current setup has pretty much eliminated the gap.

Dirty (mostly greasy) gun:
    Name:  IMG_0234.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  100.7 KB

What did you shoot today?

Sweaty session with a Shadow2 CO gun. Working on explosive burst movement into a stable stance and precise index. I worked 3 steps and 1 big crossover. HF 8.8 to 9 for good runs.
    Edit: I also had one of the most ‘time warp’ examples ever. After really pushing, I did a run focusing on relaxation and intense vision. It felt slow, and I would have bet $100 that it was 0.5s slower. It was 0.6s faster (out of 5.x s). All alphas.

Take homes for me:
    1) I can't accurately estimate time while shooting
    2) relaxation feels slow, but is faster
    3) a hyper-focus on vision increases accuracy and speed, and also 'slows time'.

Then SHO and WHO doubles, which are going really well, using the reverse gangsta cant.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-03-2023 at 06:05 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Edit: I also had one of the most ‘time warp’ examples ever. After really pushing, I did a run focusing on relaxation and intense vision. It felt slow, and I would have bet $100 that it was 0.5s slower. It was 0.6s faster (out of 5.x s). All alphas.
    Nice job, Master Witcher.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List