Page 17 of 226 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Today was a .22 day for me. I shot a lot of guns I wanted to shoot over the winter, and couldn't due to cold
    wind and snow. (Winter lasted till early May here this year.) Then we had rain enough
    for folks to dredge up the old childhood rhyme, "Rain, rain go away..."

Started out with a Marlin 39A lever .22. It is a slim, well-balanced rifle with
    Skinner "ghost ring" peep sights installed. Shot it off the bench and offhand.
    I need to practice offhand after shooting poorly from it at the recent pin match.

Next up was a Chiappa AR 22 upper on a Rock River receiver. Also shot from
    bench and offhand. The AR 22 has a four power scope so was easier to see the
    targets, also showed more wobble because of the magnification.
    Range for both was 25 yards and then 50 feet.

Then a Charter Pathfinder .22 revolver. Nice small six shot revolver with adjustable
    sights. I painted the front sight orange some time ago. OK groups at 50 feet.

Then a Colt Woodsman four-inch at 50 feet. Had a bit of trouble extracting the Federal
    plated hollowpoint .22 ammo. Best trigger of the bunch and very well balanced
    in the hand. Always fun to shoot.

Another couple shooters were firing a German Mauser, a Ruger No. 1 in .45-70, and
    a Ruger Vaquero .357. A friend brought a couple of Taurus revolvers in .357 as
    well.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  36.6 KB

Yesterday I finally got a chance to zero my Ruger American Ranch in 300 Blackout. These are the last two 3 shot groups at 100 yards, prone off a bipod. I also shot a couple mags each from my 2.0 Compact M&P and my issued M&P15 and 10 rounds from my new Ruger Bisley 44 Special.

Today I shot around 300 rounds of .22LR through my Vudoo at distances from 200 yards out to 350 yards.

Name:  IMG_2351.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  52.3 KB Name:  IMG_3370.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  62.4 KB

A few Glerks.

17, 26 and 43.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    S&W 66 Combat Master
    GSG 1911-22
    Dan Wesson Valor 9mm commander

Did everything with ranges of 7-20 yards, targets a bit bigger than my fist. Went to the rifle range and did sloooooow fire with the pistols at the 200 yard range.

What I shot today

Name:  A590C480-8415-4643-ACDA-66B1D39D01BB.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  53.8 KB

Wilson Ultra Light Carry in 45 ACP.

Qualified today with my 92A1. I like more each time I shoot it.
    Made it better with the parts I bought from Langdon Tactical

Last edited by Vista461; 06-24-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

What did you shoot today?

Yesterday evening, actually. Ex-IDF FN Hi-Power Mk.III in a local IDPA-ish match.

RO didn’t like that I had to pick up an empty magazine and insert it in order to drop the hammer.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-27-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

What, people actually shoot their guns?!? O.o (Yeah, you could say it's been a bit tricky to get range time this year... But hey, I've shot over 400 rounds of 9mm this year! )

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    RO didn’t like that I had to pick up an empty magazine and insert it in order to drop the hammer.
    The trigger pin in my Argentinian High Power clone is not coming out. So I haven't been able to disable the magazine disconnect. I use an empty magazine body as my unload-and-show-clear tool. Very easy to show the SO that there are no rounds in that mag...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The trigger pin in my Argentinian High Power clone is not coming out. So I haven't been able to disable the magazine disconnect. I use an empty magazine body as my unload-and-show-clear tool. Very easy to show the SO that there are no rounds in that mag...
    I sold all of my 13/15 round mags before I moved. I only had four mags at the match, so I couldn't spare an empty one. More are on order.

The mag disconnect is staying in. I'm not relegating it to range-toy-only mode. I rounded the edges of the hammer so it doesn't rip up my t-shirts.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List