Page 167 of 226 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2253

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Maybe @Clusterfrack or another mod could move our couple of posts to ask the armorer or shotguns where other folks will be more likely to see them.
    Can do, but it will have to wait till Thursday. I’m at a snowshoeing cabin in the Blue Mountains with Mrs. CF.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Name:  9AD628AB-7184-4AE0-B2D1-B8FBC66B267A.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  80.9 KB

Yesterday I bought a used S&W 43C so I took it out this afternoon. I ran a cylinder each of Federal Punch, Mini-Mags, and bulk Federal. One of the Mini Mags failed to fire the first time around but went off when it came up next. The bulk was a little worse. I forgot to bring the Punch box so I only shot the eight I loaded before leaving the house. I have a Dark Star Apollo as I have two 642s. I put it on behind my left hip instead of digging out a small pistol case for transport. It’s still there riding comfortably. I bought it as an understudy for my 38s as the recoil is less tolerable as I get older.
    I also put about a dozen birdshot and two buckshot through the Tac14 and a couple magazines through the M&P9 2.0C.

Trijicon returned my IR Hunter thermal scope this week and today was the first time that I had to go sight it in.

Back story, I bought it years ago as the 19mm version. When IR Defense offered an upgrade package to the 35mm version for a good price, I took advantage of it. Since then, it had issues with flaking of the germanium lens and although I tried to keep the ring holding the lens tight, a few years ago it broke the lens during a practice session.

Due to the wallet being thinner that it previously was, I just packed the scope away for a few years. Earlier this past fall I got off my ass and called Trijicon (who had bought IR Defense) and after a week or so they got back to me and said that they had a few of the lenses in stock and gave me a rough quote of around $200. I said that I would go for it and they sent an RMA label and I shipped it off.

In mid December, I got a message that the tech had looked at it and and a hard quote of $305 to fix it. One call and credit card info exchanged and it was being worked on.

Today, I got out to the range and on top of my dedicated NV upper (an old Primary Arms free float) it hit 10" steel at 100 yards on the first shot. It still had the same settings in it's NV Ram as when I shot it last.

I was able to bring it in to the center from the first 5 o'clock edge hits on the 10" steel, see pics below.

I shot it first at 10" steel with a cold pack taped to the back, I was able to adjust the settings to see a non-cold 10' steel plate as well. Good thing because the cold pack fell off after 20 hits or so.

When I find the video recorder and remember how to use it, I will try to get some "through the scope" images.

Gringop

Upper with scope. It's normally further back, I didn't want to pull the rear BUIS just for this pic.
    Name:  20230113_222048.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  92.2 KB

5 shot group with Thermal and YHM Turbo suppressor, better groups than I get with my normal BCM upper and N-8. All shots were 100 yards from the bench with a Harris bipod.
    Name:  bl-therm-supp.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  99.1 KB

5 shot group with Thermal, suppressor using a cold pack taped (barely) to the back of the steel.
    Name:  therm-supp-coldpack1.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  99.3 KB

Cold pack still hanging on.
    Name:  therm-supp-coldpack2.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  51.3 KB

Without the suppressor, the group seems to have moved up.
    Name:  therm-no supp.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  98.6 KB

Same with the cold pack target. The duct tape finally gave up the ghost and the cold pack ended up on the rail.
    Name:  therm-no supp-coldpack.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  99.9 KB

A 5 shot group with my BCM upper and a NF N-8, not looking as good as the PA with the IR Hunter.
    Name:  notherm-BCM black.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  98.9 KB
    Last edited by gringop; 01-14-2023 at 12:55 AM.
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Name:  20230116_060618.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  40.7 KB

Took the LTT 92 to a chilly level 2 IDPA match and ended up with the SSP division champion and bump to SSP MA.
    A dumb reload related mistake cost me about 4 seconds to fix and rushing the stage I ate 2 points down on top of it.
    The 15 round capacity was more of hindrance at this match, so it's nice to know a TDA can keep with with some fancy 1911s...
    Name:  overallblock.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  47.8 KB

"Sandbagger" was thrown around a lot, but it's not my fault that I literally never shot any division other than ESP before
    Name:  SSPpost.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  34.4 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Actually, last night.

Name:  522F85CE-3DA1-4F40-860A-E3815E4ED766.jpeg
Views: 360
Size:  90.1 KB

A 6946 in a USPSA match. Which was a little bit different from the full-size guns with carry optics that a majority of the other shooters were using.

What the hell, next time I might try shooting a match with a M&P Shield.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Actually, last night.

Name:  522F85CE-3DA1-4F40-860A-E3815E4ED766.jpeg
Views: 360
Size:  90.1 KB

A 6946 in a USPSA match. Which was a little bit different from the full-size guns with carry optics that a majority of the other shooters were using.

What the hell, next time I might try shooting a match with a M&P Shield.
    That's pretty cool
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Moved this post, and followups to a new thread: Gun Performance Comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve been working on USPSA classifier CM03-14 Baseball Standards. The course of fire from surrender start is:
    6 WHO 15yds
    6 Freestyle 25yds
    3 reload 3 25yds
    6 SHO 15yds
    With a 4.5s par time for each string.
    High hit factor (100%) is 93.9pts.

Last week I shot 3 consecutive Hundos with my Shadow2 with a 509t2 ACSS. Today I wanted to compare guns and optics so I shot that gun, a S2 with a SRO 5moa, and a P-07 with a EPS 2moa. I have a minor left thumb sprain from rolling last night, so today was a bit of a challenge. I didn’t observe any significant difference between the two Shadow2’s, but slightly prefer the larger window of the SRO. What was surprising was how similar my scores were with all the guns. I definitely had to work harder on WHO wrist lock with the P-07.

S2 SRO: 95%
    S2 509t2 ACSS: 94.5%
    P-07 EPS: 91%

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

P2000SK v1
    Shot the Verti-hack, one run was 7/9 pass, the second one looked clean but ended up being 8/9 when I pulled it in.
    Name:  20230119_133245.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  27.6 KB

Shot some reps of the No - Fail and didn't fail, so that was pleasing.

Working on a balance of control and finesse.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    SW 642 with the grove and fixed front sight (painted yellow) with WWB 130 gr. FMJ in a close range carry match. HKS reloaders. Lots of fun to shoot that little guy again. Three reloads on a stage as compared to one for the all the semi guys. Got the reload pattern down pretty well. 39 As, 9 Cs. Not as good as my G26 or 42 in the same match but decent as I haven't had much time on the gun recently. When I got into the grove, shot an all A stage.

Site Supporter
    Glock 22 with P2. 180 g Lawman.

150 rounds.

KCPD Qual x2

About ready for some BUIS and EDC.

My hands know I shot 40 v 9mm today.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List