Page 161 of 232 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    ^^^^For a second that looked like the view from the commander's hatch of a BMP.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    ^^^^For a second that looked like the view from the commander's hatch of a BMP.
    Ha! No (live) Russians out there. There is a small cemetery with some headstones in Russian a few miles west of there. Some Russian immigrants tried their hand at farming out there in the late 1800's and early 1900's IIRC. Sage brush and salt flats make for hard farming.

I was going for an "action" shot to send to a friend of mine (to make him jealous), and it just happened to be a interesting and pretty picture.

Site Supporter
    My Gen 5 Glock 17 MOS with SRO again. 33 competitors - 8th in terms of As - 73 (should have been more except for some low shots from a semi crouch). No trouble finding dot, no jams.

Like the combo on the gun. Thanks to folks who recommended when I set it up.

Screw ups seen: guy screws up his safety position with a 1911 and gets into some reloading, racking loop. One stage you have to load from barrel next to unloaded gun. Some dudes rushed the reload, short racked, drop the mag out of the gun. No gun totally failed or reloads rounds fail. One person's reloads did give up large clouds of black smoke, suggesting we need a BP division for him.

Site Supporter
    Ran the 1301 in a Symatac Consulting shotgun class this weekend with @LHS . Haven’t shot much shotgun since we stopped using them at work and with 25 years of 870 use the class was a good way to really familiarize myself with the 1301 and working around an optic on a shotgun.

I’ve wanted to take this class since @Giving Back recommended it 15 years ago.

The class included a Beretta Rep, a Vang Comp employee, several Magpul employees, an Firearms Instructor from our city PD, a couple SWAT cops from the TX panhandle, @Mr Pink , a Green Ops staff instructor, and the person who actually runs Green OPs- Mrs. Pink, an accomplished shooter and tactical games competitor.

We fired a little over 400 rounds of birdshot, 5 slugs and 25 rounds of buckshot. Symantac has a shotgun coin challenge inspired by the late TLG’s FAST coin challenge. Despite a class full of experienced shooters, know coins were awarded in this class. I ran it in 7.31 but think I can shave some time in mounting the gun and the emergency reload.

Name:  E4E402B5-92F6-4360-A2FB-D0A3EACF61AA.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  A4E4D5B7-05DF-433B-BEBF-A30E09BE4D2A.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  97.6 KB

One of the signature items in the class is Rob Haught’s CQB, or short stock technique. It works well for the short distances it was designed for. We had an opportunity to try it up close on cardboard USPSA targets, but for logistical reasons, most of the practice was done with birdshot on steel at the normal minimum safe distance (10 ish yards) as a result some hit a little high or a little low and apparently if you shoot enough bird shot, you can shoot a 2 x 4 in half.

It makes a case for steel target with armored stands instead of wooden stands for shotgun training.

Name:  C2736F00-6F8F-43C8-853F-9C89D0F1490B.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  126B69D2-20A1-4CA3-A14F-2A9CF662E686.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  102.7 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 12-12-2022 at 02:22 PM.

It was great to have you in class! You're certainly no slouch with that 1301!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ran the 1301 in a Symatac Consulting shotgun class this weekend with @LHS . Haven’t shot much shotgun since we stopped using them at work and with 25 years of 870 use the class was a good way to really familiarize myself with the 1301 and working around an optic on a shotgun.

The class included a Beretta Rep, a Vang Comp employee, several Magpul employees, an Firearms Instructor from our city PD, a couple SWAT cops from the TX panhandle, @Mr Pink , a Green Ops staff instructor, and the person who actually runs Green OPs- Mrs. Pink, an accomplished shooter and tactical games competitor.

We fired a little over 400 rounds of birdshot, 5 slugs and 25 rounds of buckshot. Symantac has a shotgun coin challenge inspired by the late TLG’s FAST coin challenge. Despite a class full of experienced shooters, know coins were awarded in this class. I ran it in 7.31 but think I can shave some time in mounting the gun and the emergency reload.

One of the signature items in the class is Rob Haught’s CQB, or short stock technique. It works well for the short distances it was designed for. We had an opportunity to try it up close on cardboard USPSA targets, but for logistical reasons, most of the practice was done with birdshot on steel at the normal minimum safe distance (10 ish yards) as a result some hit a little high or a little low and apparently if you shoot enough bird shot, you can shoot a 2 x 4 in half.

It makes a case for steel target with armored stands instead of wooden stands for shotgun training.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ran the 1301 in a Symtac Consulting shotgun class this weekend with @LHS . Haven’t shot much shotgun since we stopped using them at work and with 25 years of 870 use the class was a good way to really familiarize myself with the 1301 and working around an optic on a shotgun.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Forecast was the last day with a high above freezing for the forseeable future so I hit the range. Brought along a series of ARs to check zeroes and shoot groups with some of my not so precision oriented AR-15s. Also brought a couple handguns to play with the CGS Mod9 SK.

Interestingly I had both zero shift and function issues with the Mod9SK on my G17 but not my G19. I suspect this maybe due to what seems like an weak recoil spring. Will try a new OEM unit first and if still having issues may look to 3rd party. Only other difference is the threaded barrel - SilencerCo vs Faxon for the 19/17 respectively

the 16" rifle with bipod is a DSG upper. I shot some Norma 77gr match and Hornady Frontier 75gr. Didn't really impress. Strangely shot M193 rather well. May look around for some 55 or 62gr match ammo to see if thats what it likes.

It may also just be a crummy barrel - it is a Ballistic Adv. barrel so nothing fancy. Eyeing a Criterion 16" mid as replacement but it still shoots an honest MOA 5x5 if I do my part so not in a rush. Also was shooting with gloves, in the cold, so hardly my best day at the range. Did at least tweak a couple zeroes so was worthwhile despite the discomfort.

The other rifles shot well. The Midwest Industries mini recce and sionics in paticular were very easy to shoot at 100M. It was also cold as hell but made for a beautiful sky.

Last edited by Nephrology; 12-13-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Forecast was the last day with a high above freezing for the forseeable future so I hit the range.

Also was shooting with gloves, in the cold,

It was also cold as hell but made for a beautiful sky.
    3 reasons why I enjoyed visiting CO Springs in August rather than between Nov and May.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I shot my Kimber Desert Warrior at a bowling pin match yesterday. It hadn’t been out of the safe in a while so I lubed it th night before.

User Tag List