Page 153 of 232 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

Damnit, this hobby is supposed to be cheaper than shooting centerfire...it doesn't feel like it's going to end that way..
    Boy are you in for a surprise. A buddy calls it going down the rabbit hole. He's now into multiple Vudoos and a couple of custom benchrest rifles.

Those are some good groups. Sometimes the fliers are caused by the ammo. Benchrest shooters say that there's a surprise in every box.

I taught my buddies son how to shoot a little today. He’d shot one time before but he’s gun curious. I’d previously gone with his dad, as we’ve been pals for close to 20 years. I didn’t take any pics because boundaries and I was more focused on safety and technique than photography.

Kid really took to my G44 and I believe he’ll be buying himself one in the future. It was a good day.

ETA: I keep saying kid…. The young man is 23 years old. I’ve reached the age where 23 year olds look like kids to me. Good grief that snuck up on me.

Shot a match today with my Loaded. Drawing from concealment from a MS VM2 I just got. Felt slow.

my personal "battle of the mailboxes" is now underway....

may the best optic (for me) win...zero'ing day showed no clear winner, Test was 97 for each, and finished at about 8 seconds which is a very good run for me. But just getting started with my side by side on these.

Name:  g19 enclosed emmitters.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  97.3 KB

Shot the Steel Challenge match today using my 4 inch S&W 617 and shooting in Rimfire Pistol Open against the auto loaders. Came in third out of 6 in my class so I'm happy. Not my best score but the second best I've shot these past 4 year.

I had my back up gun, my 6 inch 617 just in case but didn't need it. On the first stage one of the competitors shooting rimfire pistol open had his TX22 go belly up so Ilent him my 6 inch so he could at least shoot the match. He did marvelous for never having sot the gun before. I try to always take two guns with me and it payed off today.

I went too fast on a couple of runs which ruined my overall but I also shot my best on three stages. I think I'm ready for State.

All the GMs must be hibernating already! I took an overall win today shooting limited, unfortunately we started on the classifier and I did just ok enough to hurt myself.

This is the "last...unless the weather is nice in November" match for this club. They pulled out just about every target stand and wall they had, plus some they didn't.
    Lots of running about with some tough targets, I think the only guy to not take multiple penalties was a "B" class CO shooter

Looks like a fun match and you did very well. Congratulations on your win.

Refining zero at 100yds:
    LWRC-ICE
    LMT Estonia upper on BCM
    Colt 6920 OEM-2

missing: Surefire SOCOM 2 that's still in jail (you can tell by the muzzle devices)

1 mile 3 consecutive hits, 1” group (= 0.06moa). 1.6 mil updraft, 1.5 mil windage. AIAE Mk.3, .260 Rem 142 gr SMK.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    1 mile 3 consecutive hits, 1” group (= 0.06moa). 1.6 mil updraft, 1.5 mil windage. AIAE Mk.3, .260 Rem 142 gr SMK.

Damn dude, what was your encore?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List