Page 149 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Someday I’ll learn how to post pics…but :

A snub 317 on one of Claude Werners evals-20 rounds at 4” circle from 10 feet-19/20.

A bit of testing with a G45 Glock and a Radian barrel/comp.

Another Rimfire Benchrest Match

The Prince Range held its monthly 100 yard .22 rimfire match this morning. I was shooting my Bergara B14R using Eley Tenex ammunition. The day was overcast with very little wind. We shoot 20 shots for score in 5 shot rounds..and I had a 49/49/50/47 which was good enough to win the Factory class. I don’t know what went wrong in the 4th round, dropping 3 shots out of the 10 ring….just me being me I suppose.

Name:  D00BF3A5-2488-4B4C-88DC-13FABC9030BC.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  DE623690-5437-4F2C-BFEF-F1CEF21DAB4E.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  1E4C1661-CB77-4132-8021-78101FEADA40.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  97.4 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Sorry I didn’t take any pics but today I shot my first Long Range Precision Varmint match at one of my local clubs. The match consisted of eight five-shot strings for a total of 40 rnds. Each string had you alternately engaging a Squirrel silhouette plate at 305 yds, a crow @ 403 yds, a gopher @ 415 yds, a rabbit @ 600 yds, and a coyote @ 705 yds with one shot each, hit or miss and move on. All shots were taken prone with a bipod for front support but for some reason they don’t allow bags for rear support so we had to use our hand. We also had to single load each round instead of from a loaded mag (not sure why that is the case).

The order of engagement changed with each string, so we were constantly panning back and forth, and dialing elevation for each shot. Wind was horrid, mainly left to right but anywhere from 5 mph to 15 mph. There were a few indicator flags spotted out near the target arrays which helped a little, but the targets were right around 1.5 to 2MOA in size. The gopher in particular was a narrow vertical target, so wind calls had to be spot on to get a hit. At one point my wind hold out at 700 yds was 1.5 MILS, which is kind of a lot for the 6.5 Creedmoor shooting 140 gr ELD-Ms

I was shooting my Ruger RPR chambered in 6.5CM w/ Vortex PST 5-25X FFP scope. My first and last stage I got crushed by the wind, but strings 2-7 I did OK averaging three or four hits out of each five-shot string.

What surprised me was two things: First off how much fun and challenging it was. The targets were pretty small for that kind of wind and distance. And normally shooting prone it’s a fairly straight forward shot as opposed to the positional shooting we do in PRS or NRL, but the wind crushed a lot of people’s hopes and dreams. The second thing that blew me away was I amassed enough hits to come in third place. Actually I was tied for third with another guy, but we did a shoot-off @ the 600 yd Rabbit plate to determine 3rd place and I managed a first round hit where my competitor didn’t (I held 1.2 MILS of wind…).

I’m currently in the process of having my first custom rifle in 6mm GT built, hope to take possession of it next week. Then comes barrel break in then load work up. I don’t plan on giving up shooting pistols, but between centerfire PRS and Varmint matches and NRL22 there’s 2-3 rifle matches per month I can shoot in my local area (in addition to the 2-3 USPSA matches per month).

Down the rabbit hole I go…. (with a smile on my face)

Hit the indoor range today to take the King Cobra Target for it's maiden voyage, the Kimber K6 Target to try the new LOK grips and a French SP101. Fired 50 rounds of AE 158gr LRN and 5 rounds of AE .357 FMJ, all shooting was at 10 yards offhand.
    Name:  IMG_0132 (2).jpg
Views: 367
Size:  100.1 KB

To my unrefined trigger finger the Colt has the best factory trigger I've run across. Someone who's spent a lot of time behind a revolver could probably find room for improvement but out of the box it's close to my GP with a Teddy Jacobson action job. The DA is sweet IMO. The stocks are smoother than I'd like but that's a fairly easy fix.

First 6 "getting to know you" in SA
    Name:  KCT SA-1.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  25.0 KB

Second 6 in SA after working with the other 2 revolvers
    Name:  KCT SA-2.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  18.5 KB

First 6 in DA
    Name:  KCT DA.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  33.8 KB

I'm much happier with the Kimber now that it has appropriately sized and textured grips. It doesn't feel like it's trying to squirm out of my hands and the change in trigger reach improved the feel of the trigger.

SA and DA
    Name:  K6T SA-1.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  26.8 KB
    Name:  K6T DA.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  28.2 KB

In DA I shanked that one at 7 o'clock and knew it when I did it. That was #5 and #6 is the one in the yellow.

The Ruger only got 5 rounds as a function check. I'd changed the cylinder latch because the cylinder could be spun when closed with very little effort but the new latch introduced a hitch when cocking the hammer in SA. I figured I'd try it with live ammo to see if it continued just in case something needed to reseat after I'd had it apart a few times. That didn't make a difference so I'll put the original latch back in and send it to the Mothership for service eventually™.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

No pics but I shot my M&P9 CORE/ACRO the last two days at a HiTS class in Ohio.

Time to dig out the 2011 for the later quarter of the local USPSA season. First time since February that I have used it and the first time competing with the (somewhat) newly installed Cheely aggressive grip.

A small turn out for the match but it was good to get out and have a relaxed day to start getting the feel for it again. I had indexing issues with the new grip and some ammo issues(*light strikes on rifle primers), also not yet re-acquainted with major PF recoil, but overall I had a solid day with it. Finished 90% overall of an open master and missed 2nd by 0.05%. I did not get video for the first and last stage.

* upon review, I only had 1 light strike, but 2 cases of not enough bullets

Last edited by Artemas2; 09-04-2022 at 07:49 PM.

Name:  EDC735BD-4FAB-44DA-849C-9DCE21C73B8A.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  52.2 KB

I zeroed a CZ 457 Scout for the little one, then let her go to work with it. Her first time shooting. And she hit. A lot. Even rang the 100 yard steel multiple times. Proud papa day.

Wife shoots “the Test”

Had a nice session with the wife today.

Name:  336180D0-D661-4AAB-9AFE-23D9720A5061.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  29.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Had a nice session with the wife today.
    That B-8 off to the side on the IPSC target was really working on my OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    That B-8 off to the side on the IPSC target was really working on my OCD.
    The backers are often shot to pieces in the middle. Plenty of structurally sound cardboard in the D zone…

Plus this way my wife could tilt angle and not get brass bouncing back into her face.

Most of the things I do are for reasons…

User Tag List