Page 143 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Took my new Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with a SRO for a match today. Ran pretty well and I shot decently. I think I can get this combo to work for me. My snags in the match weren't the gun but my brain. We had one complicated, lots of targets at tricky back and forth angles. Almost everyone forgot a target in the heat of shooting. No stoppages on the gun. Only thing is that when I had to rack to show clear, the round didn't always make it out of the top. When fired, everything ejected, wonder about the angle I held it at. Have to experiment to see why. Need a snap cap for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Took my new Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with a SRO for a match today. Ran pretty well and I shot decently. I think I can get this combo to work for me. My snags in the match weren't the gun but my brain. We had one complicated, lots of targets at tricky back and forth angles. Almost everyone forgot a target in the heat of shooting. No stoppages on the gun. Only thing is that when I had to rack to show clear, the round didn't always make it out of the top. When fired, everything ejected, wonder about the angle I held it at. Have to experiment to see why. Need a snap cap for that!
    Because of the breechface notch on newer Gen5 guns, the slide really holds onto brass. You have to rack vigorously to guarantee the round comes out.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Rate my 21st Century “Way of the Gun” cosplay (a fellow millennial has been poking fun at my choice of carry and home defense weapons, and that description is my excuse):

Name:  FE8B1F80-ECA5-4040-AABE-F89616B582EA.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  65.1 KB

I am really enjoying the gauge. It’s familiar since I grew up shooting clays and hunting birds, and used 870s for the first year or two of hunting before being allowed to move to an auto, but applying the gun in this context is still very new and requires a lot of work with skills I’ve never worked on before. It’s a lot of fun to be learning something totally new. Also the gun is just plain fun to shoot.
    Last edited by Elwin; 07-16-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Did a steel challenge match. Pretty fun stuff with the Beretta LTT 92G. Did some shooting with the M9-22 too.

Nowhere near competitive with the GMs running tricked out rimfire racers, but I kept within a stones throw of a CO M class shooter.

Enough to make me think about more seriously pursuing the dot/carry optics life.

But I also kinda want a 10/22 also.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Name:  A66AE54F-6A90-4741-8205-5BA465F4E1C6.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  60.8 KB
    This gun just wants to go fast.

I shot my G19 in my first ever USPSA match. I shot from my normal AIWB concealment in Carry Optics. My two goals were to not get DQ’d and not come in last and I’m happy to say I met both. I came in 40th overall out of 67 shooters (21 out of 38 in Carry Optics). I also had a lot of fun. Probably more fun than I’ve had at the range in a long time.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Name:  Black Mamba Stoner Grips 11 2020 topazed 2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  23.2 KB

Steel Challenge today and it was a challenge. Temps hit over 110, Someone said their thermometer read 118.I had plenty bottles of water and Gatorade and kept hydrated all day.

I made it home safely but after 1 hour my leg started cramping. I couldn't move it and the pain was excruciating. Finally my caregiver called the paramedics because I couldn't move my leg. It just looked like heat exhaustion to the paramedics and healed up while they were here. Thank heaven for Oxicodone.

Shooting went well. Had a few outstanding stagess, a couple of normal runs and two disasters. On Pendulum I shot the first two targets and then the stop plate giving me two 3 second penalties. Next run I almost did the same thing but missed the stop plate, hit the next two and then the SP.

I ended up shooting my average so it was a decent day. Two new shooters in our squad but both helped with the timer and scoring board. New shooters don't always help so it waa a nice surpise.

Nex month I'll be shooting my 617 with a red dot on it in RFPO. I just got it and it's a 4 inch. I didn't have a chance to mount the scope because I ran out of blue Loctite.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Because of the breechface notch on newer Gen5 guns, the slide really holds onto brass. You have to rack vigorously to guarantee the round comes out.
    Thanks - I bought 5 snap caps in a pack and did just that and could clear. Usually I would rack gently and hold open for the SO. That didn't work. So I rack vigorously to get the round out and then I will hold open.

Name:  8EF4D7B6-5147-46D9-BF1C-F07CEA6AD643.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  47.7 KB

Yesterday I put on some training for some probation officers. I demonstrated with the 2.0 Compact I carry when working at the courthouse. Later I shot the Ohio police qualification course with my CORE/ACRO and my Shield Plus. I put a magazine each through my M&P22 Compact and the M&P 15-22.

Name:  4 inch FS Right.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  29.3 KB

Got the chance to shoot my 4 inch 617 with CCI Mini Mags, Federal 800 pack 40 grains and Remington Golden Bullets. I'm holding onto my Federal BYOB bullets to shoot matches and I haven't found them to be available as of late.

I like the Bushnell First Strike 2.0. It has a 3 MOA dot which is a lot smaller that what I'm use to but it's a little more accurate. I normally shoot a C-More Railway with 12 MOA for Steel Challenge.

I took the gun apart and did a small action job. All I did was polish the trigger and rebound slide plus replace the rebound spring with an 11 pound spring. That brought the trigger pull down to a nice 8.5 pounds and smoothed it out a bit. Smooth is better than light.

The 4 inch fits my holster a lot better and I re did the mounting bracket with one lined in steel so that it doesn't flop on my belt. I now have 21 DS-10 speed loaders for it. I load those before a match and then have two loading blocks prepared for the rest of the stages.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List