Page 138 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2315

Thread: What did you shoot today?

This afternoon I got to the range for the first time in a while.

Shot a SA35, a S&W M&P, both in 9mm, and a custom pistol
    in .38 Super. Shot Aquila 130 grain FMJ in .38 Super. Readily
    available here in the latest ammo panic. Hit a hanging plate at
    100 yards with one round out of an eight round mag. Scared it
    some with the other rounds.

A buddy brought some shotguns but I ran out of steam (it was hot)
    before trying them. Did shoot an M2 Carbine. Have always missed my
    chance to try one before. It lived up to it's reputation as a climber in FA
    fire.

We had lunch at the range first, then shot for a couple of hours.
    Plan to do it again (with a different cast of firearms) but don't
    know when.

Site Supporter
    Winchester 12 gauge Defender and Glock 17 Gen 4 with iron sights. It was 2 gun match as I discussed in the competition subforum.

Tomorrow will be the Glock in production (if we don't get a thunderstorm). I still have to wring out my G17 Gen 5 Mos with an SRO before I make a RDS fool of myself in a match.

Decided to play around at 500 yard range:

LMT MWS receiver and two uppers:

We had a power outage following a storm the other night. We had three dozen eggs go bad. My son and I shot them with my Marlin 60 and Glock 44. While it was not a drill or a course of fire it was a really good time shooting together. Eggs make pretty good reactive targets. With the price of groceries we couldn’t just let them go to waste.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Winchester 12 gauge Defender and Glock 17 Gen 4 with iron sights. It was 2 gun match as I discussed in the competition subforum.

Tomorrow will be the Glock in production (if we don't get a thunderstorm). I still have to wring out my G17 Gen 5 Mos with an SRO before I make a RDS fool of myself in a match.
    Shot the G17. No hiccups. Shot reasonably well as to hits, a couple of brain farts. Shot to slide lock, forgot to re-engage the target that had taken the last round. Not the gun's fault. Iron sights, not a problem at the distances in this match.

I had a Nightforce 1-4x scope, a bipod and a Thunderbeast 30CB5 lying around not being used, so a couple months ago I got a Ruger American Ranch in 300 BLK to put them on. Took it out and shot it yesterday for the first time. The 30CB5 only takes the edge off a bit when shooting supersonic, but with the 220gr subsonic I was shooting it was pretty quiet.

Name:  ruger american.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  20.5 KB

Did a little patterning with my 1301C, have a Briley extended choke in Improved Modified. This is about a 7yd pattern from an ordinary WW shell, not plated but I think it is buffered.

Name:  WW #1 Buck 7yds.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  16.3 KB

We were also shooting it a steel plate silhouette target about 10x15 or so, at about 20 yards. It wasn't painted so no real pattern feedback, but you could tell much/most of the payload was still just hammering it.

I pity the fool...

Name:  A9DC7CE4-F5BA-4BC6-A064-08E76D0AB9F4.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  61.5 KB

I shot the chambered round and the next one out of the 380. I pocket carry it as a BUG when working at the courthouse in. I’m carrying a Hornady Critical Defense round. I have a partial box of the Federal Deep Hydrashok but the second round would not feed. A couple mags of Remington ball ran fine. I then shot a few mags through one of my Shield Plus pistols. Then five rounds each at 25 on the B8s with the 2.0 Compact 9mm I carry at work and the CORE/ACRO. I had put about 1200 rounds through the CORE at a five day class a week ago. I was pleased to see my iron sight shooting seemed to have improved also

192 rounds (pus or minus a couple) through the 1911 9mm that I built a couple weeks ago.

The thing functioned fine up in Crete when we tested them, but during an Action Pistol match it kept acting like I was engaging the safety or not getting on the grip safety enough during strings.

The ambi-safety side didn't look like it was engaging the plunger good enough and I was taking it off with my thumbs up grip on the off-side.

Took the pistol completely down when I was back home and put the left side safety in the bare frame with the plungers in place. Clicked firmly into place, not mushy at all. Hmm. Put on the grips, not so crisp. The grips on the pistol are the type that support the plunger tube. I thought I had relieved the grips enough but looking back I had done it without putting the grip screws firmly in place. Apparently snugging them down made enough of a difference that the safety wasn't fully engaging the plunger. Ten minutes work and it was ready to go, I hoped.

Apparently, that was the problem. Shoot this afternoon and it ran flawlessly. I really like shooting this1911 in 9mm. It is soft recoiling and groups great in my feeble hands.

I had my 92X RDO in the bag as well, but it was pretty muggy, so I headed in after running through four stages.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Finally got day 2 on my M&P Shield Plus, and while not day 1 by a long shot on my 43, it was day 1 with the Shield Arms 9 round magazines. Did a side by side, as I want to move to one of these as a primary summer carry, though neither are in the same league as my EDC X9.

My random observations thoughts:

The Shield had one jam where it left the shell in the chamber. It would have been a tough clear under pressure, as I wound up having to rip the mag out. This was with the 10 round magazine, and it wasn't during the first couple rounds either, nor during a limp wrist test (which it passed without issue).

The G43 fed without issue. There was one time that the slide failed to lock back on the last round. This also was NOT during the limp wrist testing (which passed without issue).

The Shield Arms 9 round magazine felt tight going into the gun, almost concerning me in a way the Shield pistol (yeah, this gets confusing) was loading 13+1. However, the GLOCK with SA 9 round magazine fed consistently loading 9+1.

The overall height of both guns, the Smith with flush 10 round magazine and Glock with 9 round magazine is roughly the same. However, I can get all three fingers around the 43, while the Shield Plus I'm left with a dangling pinky.

Shoot-ability for me was the Glock, but admittedly at this point wasn't a fair comparison as 1, I have much more time on the 43 and 2, I have Trijicon HD sights on the G43, while the Smith is still with stock sights. (New Hackathorn Ameriglos should arrive tomorrow). Still, I shoot the Smith better than other pistols in the league, like the P365, Max 9, or Hellcat.

It's seeming clear to me to just stick with the 43, but I'll still have another go once the Smith gets the new sights.

User Tag List