Page 136 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I thought Spaulding retired?
    He’s doing a week long class in the Dayton area next week and another in Colorado later in the year, then he’s done.

Shot my first ever FAST tests. I did 2 runs cold and was HOPING to score in the intermediate range but with penalty time landed where I belong in the beginner range. Spent the rest of my range time focusing on accuracy

Just my Springfield loaded at a match. I was not shooting very well today. I think the next few times I shot it is going to be strictly for accuracy.

Monthly USPSA match. 2/3rds of the match was CO and open shooters with a pile of GM and M's. My inability to do much live fire practice is starting to show.
    I needed a bunch of make up shots and still took a few mikes from either over transitioning targets or just a bad grip.
    I have noticed this year as a whole, I am shooting slower, but my movement and generally higher alpha counts have been improving and working in my favor.

Shot my favorite, my Smith & Wesson 617 at our local Steel Challenge Match. I'd like to say it was fun but it was a track meet. Found it to be a bit too hit for me and even though I drank 4 bottles of Gatorade and 3 bottles of water I was dehydrated by the end of the match.

I shot about 40 seconds slower than my average. Too stubborn to give up when I should have and after getting home I left everything in the car. Getting out I almost passed out.

It was 110 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Too stubborn to give up when I should have and after getting home I left everything in the car. Getting out I almost passed out.

It was 110 degrees.
    That's no bueno! Be careful and take care of yourself!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Spent about 90 minutes shooting .22 this morning, 225-250 rounds.

Started out with my Bicentennial Ruger Standard and alternated between my prescription glasses and a set of readers in an attempt to see which might help me better focus on my front sight. Moved to the iron sighted 22/45 Lite upper and did the same experiment. Turns out the readers are easier because I don't have to tilt my head back but my iron sight shooting is still crap compared to using a dot (which isn't that great either).

Finished up shooting a bunch of Demonstrated Concepts Dot Discomfort targets. I heard @RustyCrusty talk about them on a recent P&S podcast so I printed a few out a couple of weeks ago. I ran them out to 8-9 yards (wherever the light was best between the 7 and 10 yard lines) then shot 1 shot per circle offhand with the dotted 22/45 Lite. I shot them in a snake pattern starting at the bottom right I working right to left, up to the next row going left to right and so forth for 10 shots with the last round being center dot of the top row. Any shot that at least broke the black circle was considered "good". I shot at a slow cadence so each target was a 30-45 second affair. I never did clean a full target but about halfway through the ~150 rounds I shot I could absolutely tell when the shot didn't break correctly. Usually a trigger snatch or something with my breathing. We may have taken a trip to Shanksville but at least it didn't include a visit from the flinchies.

Name:  IMG_5475.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5474.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  78.8 KB

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Spent about 90 minutes shooting .22 this morning, 225-250 rounds.

Started out with my Bicentennial Ruger Standard and alternated between my prescription glasses and a set of readers in an attempt to see which might help me better focus on my front sight. Moved to the iron sighted 22/45 Lite upper and did the same experiment. Turns out the readers are easier because I don't have to tilt my head back but my iron sight shooting is still crap compared to using a dot (which isn't that great either).

Finished up shooting a bunch of Demonstrated Concepts Dot Discomfort targets. I heard @RustyCrusty talk about them on a recent P&S podcast so I printed a few out a couple of weeks ago. I ran them out to 8-9 yards (wherever the light was best between the 7 and 10 yard lines) then shot 1 shot per circle offhand with the dotted 22/45 Lite. I shot them in a snake pattern starting at the bottom right I working right to left, up to the next row going left to right and so forth for 10 shots with the last round being center dot of the top row. Any shot that at least broke the black circle was considered "good". I shot at a slow cadence so each target was a 30-45 second affair. I never did clean a full target but about halfway through the ~150 rounds I shot I could absolutely tell when the shot didn't break correctly. Usually a trigger snatch or something with my breathing. We may have taken a trip to Shanksville but at least it didn't include a visit from the flinchies.

Name:  IMG_5475.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5474.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  78.8 KB
    How do you like that Primary Arms dot on the 22/45? I’m looking at one for my 22/45 Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    How do you like that Primary Arms dot on the 22/45? I’m looking at one for my 22/45 Lite.
    I really like it. Just a plain dot that works well for my needs. At some point I want to pull the Ultra Dot off my .22 1911 upper and compare it with the PA to see if the Ultra is really that much better for me. The LGS where I shoot carries the PA for $95+tax IIRC. I'd save on shipping but I need to see if my discount through PA is enough to offset the shipping anyway.

Eventually I'm sure I'll end up with a C-More to fiddle with and probably another Holosun or 2 but for tube optics on my fun guns, the PA is hard to beat IMO.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll pick up one of those sights next time they come on sale.

User Tag List