Page 135 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Nothing super sexy. My shade tree mechanic optimized Gen5 17 and Gen3 19. I'm sharpening my skills for the Rangemaster Advanced IDC this weekend. I've finally gotten wise and anytime I practice alone, I make sure I have a second pistol. With 15 or so mags loaded up for drills, you run through rounds quick and my 17 gets too hot to comfortably shoot. In this pic my 17 is cooling down so I grabbed my 19 - which is actually my primary EDC.

Name:  IMG_4049.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  104.4 KB
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Site Supporter
    I shot my Glock 17 MOS with its SRO. I thought I had a good zero. Guess again, back to the basics. I'll figure it out. I do like the sight and gun. Finding the dot wasn't a problem. Finding the target, maybe. Oy!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Took a brand new shooter to the range for the first time yesterday which I always enjoy. He is a graduating medical student who starts as a general surgery resident on the east coast in a few weeks. We worked together on a research project and was very interested in going shooting when I first mentioned the hobby so this was a good send-off.

Brought far more guns to the range than I normally do so that he could get a good broad exposure to different makes/models/calibers of handgun. Only really have ARs so brought a few of those (had to zero the offset MRDS on the recce anyway) with cans as well as my girlfriend's 10/22 for obvious reasons. He had a blast.

Some of his observations:

1. Shooting a handgun with a red dot is much easier than shooting a handgun without one
    2. Small handguns have a lot of recoil
    3. Guns are much heavier than he expected them to be - struggled to keep even my lightest SBR/can combo on target for a full mag.
    4. J frame hurts (I warned him in advance, but he wanted to shoot it...)
    5. Silencers are awesome
    6. Guns are awesome

It was a good day.

Last edited by Nephrology; 06-03-2022 at 03:51 PM.

A Variety of Firearms

I took our middle daughter Beth and her boyfriend who both live in northeastern Illinois to the range I belong to near Oak Grove LA. We started out with .22’s…..shooting a few hundred rounds with my Sig P322 and my Ruger 10/22 take down.

Name:  30E6BD9B-C05B-4170-95BA-0E594FCD67F8.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  97.1 KB

From there we (mostly they) shot many rounds from three of my 9mm pistols: Walther PDP, HK VP9 and Canik SFT.

Name:  84148B8A-0025-4F21-8404-191375CC25E4.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  96.0 KB

And finished up with my 300BLK and Colt LE model 556….

Name:  F6E90E66-BC63-41EE-8507-DD8131244D60.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  101.0 KB

Name:  0EA8B450-47B7-46D4-8F32-FDF2FE248105.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  90.0 KB

We were there about two hours and we burned some powder.

And guess who gets to clean all of these guns? That’s OK….it’s a labor of love.
    Last edited by walker2713; 06-05-2022 at 04:50 PM.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

For various life reasons, I haven't shot a gun in almost 3 weeks. Here's a cross post of what I shot today. I didn't feel rusty at all. I guess it's a good thing to remember that skills don't atrophy that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I finally had the chance to zero and test my SRO milled (Stonebridge Gunworks) Shadow2 with the 509t2 Vulcan. I sighted it at 10/25yds, with POI at tip of chevron. I found this very intuitive, and had no problem adjusting to this reticle. The big circle was not visible or noticeable except when I foxed my grip WHO. Again, I found it intuitive and had no issues adjusting to it. @JCN, @GJM,

Note decked sight rail to fit the front bell of the SRO. I like the 509 so much, I doubt I’ll swap it for a SRO.

Stonebridge Gunworks did excellent work, and turned the gun around in 3 weeks. They even made a milled the front sight down.

I ran a Max Michel target focus drill with small black spots on targets of varying difficulty. I started at 7yds, established a comfortable par time (~3s clean)

And then moved out to 10,15,20, and 25. Here's a clean run at 20 yds.

I was very happy with the precision of the Vulcan chevron on the head-only NS target. This was from 25yds.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    For various life reasons, I haven't shot a gun in almost 3 weeks. Here's a cross post of what I shot today. I didn't feel rusty at all. I guess it's a good thing to remember that skills don't atrophy that fast.

Man... that CZ is sweet. Also, I'm envious of your AMG timer... I just looked - it perpetually says "(Backorder)" on their site. Do you just place an order and wait? I'm used to that with high end guitar gear. The guitar in my avatar took 4.5 years.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Man... that CZ is sweet. Also, I'm envious of your AMG timer... I just looked - it perpetually says "(Backorder)" on their site. Do you just place an order and wait? I'm used to that with high end guitar gear. The guitar in my avatar took 4.5 years.
    Yeah, put in an order and get in line. It’s worth it. The Commander is head and shoulders above ordinary shot timers. I suppose you could offer to feature the timer on your podcast and see if @alexmg will get one to you more quickly?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    G17 Gen 5 with NY1/SCD and LCRx .38.

Shot both well. For me, the G17 Gen 5 NY1 and LCRx pair well together trigger wise. Others may have a different experience.

Last night I zeroed the new ACRO on my CORE. I also had two unfired M&P9 2.0 compacts I wanted to test fire. I have a week long Handgun Combatives course next week and plan to use one as a backup in case the CORE/ACRO goes down.
    I also put a few magazines through a newer Shield Plus. I bought the “bug out bag” package recently with the five magazines. It also is optic ready and I like the sights better than my other Shield Pluses. It seems to shoot left at25 yards, when I get that worked out it’ll probably be my primary carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have a week long Handgun Combatives course
    I thought Spaulding retired?
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List