Page 134 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2253

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Browning Buck Mark Camper with fiber optic front sight in Steel Challenge practice match with the Accelerator stage. Did five runs, so 5x5x5 shots. Herter (Cabelas) 22 LR. Two jams - once was bad and need more than a tap, rack. Needed a mag rip.

Lots of fun. Hitting the 10 and 12 inch plates - good practice for getting a sight picture and a hit on a small target.

Folks were shooting 22 LRs. Some with optics, some with irons on the handguns. A few AR ish 22s and some 10/22s made to look 'tactical' - all with optics.

Haven't shot steel in 3 years, getting back into the groove after a few runs.

This thing is cool.

Site Supporter
    Name:  frangible.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  60.6 KB

I shot 50 rounds of this Normal frangible ammo through my Glock 43 today. Pistol functioned fine with it. No failures of any kind.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 05-29-2022 at 07:15 PM.

This is something of a preview but I’m going tomorrow with a guy I’ve been friends with for 20 years and his son. Me and the buddy had been planning the trip for a few days. He texted me earlier asking if his (adult) son could tag along. Sure bud, no problem. Looking forward to a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    This is something of a preview but I’m going tomorrow with a guy I’ve been friends with for 20 years and his son. Me and the buddy had been planning the trip for a few days. He texted me earlier asking if his (adult) son could tag along. Sure bud, no problem. Looking forward to a good time.
    Well, it went pretty well. The young man didn’t wake up in time to go, so he got some extra shuteye and me and my old buddy went. Had a good time, less of a training session and more of us just shooting and hanging out. I did set up a pretty good year changing target array and ran over it several times in a few different orders. Worked on some failure drills too.

I took a G26.5, 92XG Centurion, and a 92 Elite LTT. Probably shot 200 rounds. Did some draw and reload stuff. Also zeroed the RMR on my VP9. Did a little informal comparison between dot and irons at 100 yards on a permanent steel targets. Shot 3/5 with the Centurion and 2 out of 5 with the dot and VP9. Tried the VP9 again and got 4/5.

Ran my gear shifting drill a few time with the VP9 and the dot. I can pretty much tell I’m going to enjoy the dot experience more this go around than I did last time I tried, which was shortly after Glock first started doing the MOS, whenever that was.

All in all, it was a great day.

Beautiful morning at the local range.

My own shooting was less than beautiful, but it didn't suck too much. I need to go more often. Still had a fun time.

Name:  30MAY2022 Range Day.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  96.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Took some of the wheelguns out to get some sun today...

{Trooper MkIII, 19-3 (1973 Texas Ranger Commemorative), 28-2, 686-6}
    Name:  wheel1.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  100.0 KB

We went down to the NRA Whittington Center with some friends over the weekend.

Had a blast shooting steel silhouettes at 50 and 100 meters with the 30-30 lever gun.

My wife and I had fun shooting the steel Buffalo at 1115 yards with the 6.5x47L. It's a huge target but winds were gusting between 10-20 MPH which made it interesting.
    Name:  20220530_180343.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  70.3 KB

We shot quite a bit of 22LR at distances between 50 and 300 yards. The AR was fun on their STAR range which maxes at 600 yards.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Finished proofing stages for this year’s Area 1 Championships. Early match kicks off tomorrow at noon.

But I did get to shoot all the poppers with my 365XL w/ red dot to make sure they were properly calibrated. Went 1 for 1 on the mini poppers at 30-ish yds, not bad for a EDC gun (but I did take my time on the shots…).

User Tag List