Page 122 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2314

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Bloop

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    hit the range early today to test a bunch of new stuff - new uppers, optics, and guns back from the smith.

Was sort of a mad rush as I had about 3 hours to zero 4 ARs and 1 pistol RDs. Guns were:

- DSG 11.5" SBR with the new Aimpoint Duty RDS
    - Sionics Patrol Rifle, recently back from cut/PW to 14.5" with a YHM QD flashider. also moved an old Razor IIe 1-6 over to this so had to zero that.
    - New WOA 16" upper with an old PST2 3-15 on it
    - New PST2 5-25 on my first ever AR, a 20" RRA predator pursuit
    - G17 I just got back from milling a couple months ago with a mounted Acro P-1

Grossly zeroed my optics but very rusty given the winter and was in a bit of a rush. Got everything on paper at 100yd at least.

The AGB is a real peach on the Sionics and the WOA uppers. Need to dial it in a bit more on the WOA but it cycles and I will wait til my cans come through before I get too worked up about it.

Duty RDS is very nice. Very happy with it - the dot is nice and crisp.

The WOA is superbly accurate and a ton of fun to shoot. Only got a few mags through it today but can't wait to shoot it more.

SLR 107 with PK-01VS, plain old range fun

8" plates at 200 yards are very challenging for this gun and optic with me doing the shooting, but not totally impossible.

Name:  slr107.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  80.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    8" plates at 200 yards are very challenging for this gun and optic with me doing the shooting, but not totally impossible.

[.ATTACH=CONFIG]84178[/ATTACH]
    4MOA...I guess that's why they call it minute of bad guy
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    4MOA...I guess that's why they call it minute of bad guy
    Depends who's doing the shooting. Have a buddy who shoots those iron sights out to 400 yards like the target was 50ft away. I'm sure he could use it as a sniper rifle with both eyes closed and both hands tied behind his back! [emoji846]. When I ask him how he manages to shoot like that he says....i just point the sights at the target and pull the trigger. However, give him a handgun and at 15ft he'll hit everything but the target!!! Weird!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Just put the first 50 rounds through this. I really like it (though it does appear to be physically impossible to load 13 rounds into that magazine):

Range time with the kids.

Shot the Savage MKII FVSR
    SP9A3
    PSA9
    HK P2000sk

Name:  20220221_143015.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  44.3 KB

66% BC steel, and 7" plates were the targets.

Started at 100 yards, easy day with MKII, and 'Bog, 3 for 3 with my carry gun and called it good, son shot with the PSA9 and RMR.

Name:  20220221_142418.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  45.8 KB

Worked our way back to 200, shot a 5.5" group with the 'Bog using Fiocchi 158gr and the PA SLx 1x Gemini. Absolutely impressed with this optic.

Name:  20220221_155943.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  40.5 KB

Daughter went 4/5 at 250 yards, I stopped counting how many times in a row my son hit the plate.

Beautiful day, mid 50s here in Ohio.
    used 250 rds of CCISV, and 30 rds of the 158gr 9mm.
    Taking a break from social media.

A pair of .22 rifles. A Marlin-Glenfield model 25 and a Rossi Gallery slide action, and a Sig P365. There are enough pictures of the Sig P365 on the forum, so I will show a picture of the two .22s.

The Glenfield model 25 was the first .22 rifle that I ever owned. I was a teenager and got it as a gift in the late 1970s. I sold it decades ago. Since I bought a copy of the first gun that I ever owned--a Marlin 336C--I decided to purchase a copy of the second gun that I ever owned: the Marlin Glenfield model 25. So I found one on gunbroker and bought it. The gun is in superb shape. The story of me trying to find a .22 scope that would work well on this gun is best left out.

This was my first time firing either gun. I picked up the Glenfield about a week ago. I bought the Rossi Gallery slide action a few years ago but never got around to firing it. I always thought would be cool to have an old-fashioned slide action .22, and this one showed up in my local gun store. The Glenfield is in virtually new condition even though it's at least 30 years old. As I put more rounds for the Rossi I started to experience about one failure to extract from every magazine. I'm not sure if it's specific ammo because I didn't really have the time to get in depth. I do notice that the Marlin is really long. It has a long length of pull and a 22 inch barrel. The picture shows both guns with a yardstick in between them as an indication. The Rossi has a 16 inch barrel. Look how amazingly long the Marlin is next to the Rossi. The Marlin's bolt seems very stiff--especially where it fits in with the stock notch. I imagine that will wear in over time. I don't remember the one that I had as a teenager being this stiff.

One thing I remember is how special my first two guns were to me as a teenager.

Name:  Marlin & Rossi - Copy.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  77.8 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 02-23-2022 at 08:41 AM.

It was a Glock Foh-Tay evening. I had my G27 and my wife's G23C and G22C (all Gen 3). I meant to bring the factory non ported barrel for my 22C for the chronograph, but didn't realize I had put the ported barrel in it recent.

My wife uses the 23C as her bedside pistol. I ran some factory 180 HST through it, a run with the standard mag and one with a 22 round magazine. I wanted the big mag would feed. Man, that thing kicks, even with the "C" barrel. My G27 is much more pleasant to shoot.

The G27 surprisingly handles the .40 well. I like to use this as a belt gun, for the short slide length that helps with concealment. I know the rage now is 9mm, but just can't justify the cost of a G26 of not only purchase, but the whole vetting process.

After all the boring Glock stuff, I did finish by checking the sighting on a custom built 1911 with Caspian frame and slide. I'm gifting this to my brother as his first handgun, and wanted to make sure the sights were on. Probably going to swap out the front sight for a wider one, since a wider rear had been installed. Just wanted to ensure the elevation was on. I think it is.

Name:  IMG_5903.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  39.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Zeroing the po9 Dawson sights. Not a bad 20 yard group

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List