Page 11 of 231 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    92 Elite LTT, 245 rounds, trying to work on some stuff.

My SBR, duty 229 and my P07 w Night Fision sights at a work training.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Was going to play with the centerfires too but I was having too much fun with the rimfires. Plus a storm rolled in kinda suddenly and cut the range session a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Banned
    Mod5 Px4 cc, 258 rounds on steel at the local gun club I just joined. I forgot how nice it is to be able to shoot outdoors whenever I’d like and have time, with some privacy to boot. 31 rounds of that was carry ammo too as it was time to refresh that.

First time with a suppressed AR (Delta Level Defense “other” with Dead Air can). I like the concept but the gas to the face was a surprise.

Banned
    Elite ltt, 295 rounds. So glad to have a range now where I can move set up a bunch of targets, etc. it’ll take time to really figure out what I can do and what will be good drills.

M16 & UZI day at the range yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Total of 412 rounds with the ltt 92 between yesterday and today. That puts her at 2110 rounds since she arrived on April 4. Really enjoy 92s and this one in particular.

Shot the G45 MOS for the first time. First time on a RDS equipped pistol too. Only had time for a couple hundred rounds, but was really impressed. I found it pretty easy to pick up the red dot and did some shooting at speed. I think I'm hooked.

Site Supporter
    Spent some range time with "Thumper" (17" TC Encore in 35 Whelen) testing a few initial loads with my NOE 358009 mould. I also put 100rnds through my G19.3 at 25yds.

35 Whelen: Abysmal results. The plain base bullets were minute-of-berm. I'm not kidding. I couldn't get two shots on paper (the target frame is roughly 3x3 and I had 6 8x10 targets in two rows of 3 stapled to the backer) in a shooting string at 50yds. It was as if the bullets were evaporating. The charge was a starting load of 3031. The gas-checked bullets, using a bit more 3031 than the plain-base bullets, were doing a bit better, giving me roughly 3" groups. Granted, these were loads I literally tossed together at the last moment when my buddy said "let's go to the range". I have lots of dev work to do.

G19.3: The narrower front sight is showing dividends. I'm shooting much better at longer distances. Still not "good" by the standards of this community, but still better than before.

When we went to the range (local IWLA), I didn't realize it was "Women on Target" day. I ended up on a lane next to the lane set up for the target 22lr rifle that the women were cycling through. One lady just had plugs, no muffs. I felt sorry for the punishment I was about to inflict with the 17" Encore, so I loaned her my spare muffs.

Chris

User Tag List