Page 108 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2253

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Range day yesterday a friend brought his never-fired CZ 75 B. Beautiful gun. Crisp, clean trigger. Had been a while since I shot DA/SA with a hammer and decocker, good times. The decocker on the CZ puts the H&K P2KSK to shame. A half pound heavier (naked and empty) than my G19 with RDS and TLR-7, so, kinda heavy. But all steel and fun and easy to shoot.

+ Likes (Although, needs a rail)

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I got to shoot my Black Mamba today and played with some different ammo.

First up was Federal AutoMatch. Out of 200 fired I had 9 failure to fires and 4 of those would not fire the second time around.

Second I tried my old reliable, CCI Blazer. 200 rounds and kept them all in the X ring of a Bianchi target out to 15 yards.

Finally I tried CCI Mini Mags. I only had 50 with me but they were by far the best groupings I had.

I normally run CCI Blazers for practice and competition but I thin I'll try Mini Mags for my next outing/Name:  Black Mamba Stoner Grips 11 2020 topazed.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  22.6 KB

"First up was Federal AutoMatch. Out of 200 fired I had 9 failure to fires and 4 of those would not fire the second time around."

Be interesting to throw those four into a fire. No primer, or no primer & powder?

Cat

Couple months ago I hurt my wrist so I hadn't been to the range in a while. Found out the hard way that I wasn't ready to get back to shooting center fires yet.

Anyway, the last time I had the top 11-87 Police to the range the extractor decided it was just done with that shit and completely came out of the bolt followed by the plunger and spring and they all got lost. A new spring and extractor were easy to find but the plunger is unobtainium because of the whole Remington situation so I ended up buying a complete used bolt until I could find an ejector plunger to go with the new spring and Volquartzen extractor for the original bolt. Ran a box of 1300FPS bird shot through it and it ran great.

Up next was the 20ga 11-87 but my dumb ass forgot to tighten the windage screw on the rear sight so that thing fell off in the case. But at least I didn't lose it. So I ran a box of 1200FPS birdshot through that and only had a couple stovepipes so it should eat anything hotter than that.

Finally, I had read that .40 through a Glock 20/21 was "like cheating" so I really wanted to try it. Ordered a .40 conversion barrel and a G20 mag to try it out. I should have brought the .45 parts and a G22 to compare but regardless it wasn't like cheating, it still very much felt like a .40. But at least the gun probably won't permanently self-disassemble if I ended up shooting a bunch of .40 for whatever reason. Only ran 30 rounds through it, weak-hand since the first shot I did normally was painful.

After realizing my wrist was as bad as it was I decided to call it early and head home lest I make it worse.

Name:  shotgunsunday.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  100.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    No pictures today, but I shot my S&W M681-2. It's been a while since I've shot it and I needed to chrono some loads. The loads were 5.5 and 5.7 grains of BE-86 under a 158-grain Berry's plated RN in .38 Special brass; the 5.5-grain load went just under 890 fps and the 5.7-grain load went 920 fps, both of which are warmer than I wanted. I'll probably back it down to 5.2 grains. I also used it to take care of some .357 Magnum loads from long ago which I loaded with 16.6 grains of W296 under 158-grain Zerp JHPs...I thought I had had enough powder in the measure to finish but didn't check and ended up loading some with no powder. I went through 14 of them today with no problem, and have one more box of 50 left to dispose of. And yes, I did pack a range rod and a hammer just in case. I'd rather get rid of them this way than pulling them.

Using the excess .38 loads (which I knew had powder in them ) I ran three iterations of the Five Yard Roundup drill, scoring 93, 96, and 98. Someday I'll figure out why I have no problem shooting revolvers weak hand but do mess up with autos.

25 yards, DA with 158s over 13.5gr 2400 for 1250fps
    Name:  IMG_20211005_142519.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  19.9 KB

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Off to the range to vet the new 19.Figured I might as well clean them all! I don’t usually preload mags before going to the range as I kinda enjoy the tradition and ritual of it. However the range I am going to this afternoon will be full of cheap busy bodies who will want to talk about how expensive the 200 rounds of HST I’m going to shoot is and where did I get it and is there more and do i want to sell some…..
    I do admit that I am pleased to have settled on the 19 because I just realized that I have burned thru 1000 rounds of HST in 18 months vetting pistols I don’t even own any more!Name:  A1C67B8B-4EA8-4303-ABBA-BD1784D2BE80.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  76.4 KBName:  962721C1-1959-4BCF-A0F1-C3E6151DB3E8.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  82.2 KB

Got the results today from Sunday's Steel Challenge Match. I easily won my class and shot my best SC in 4 years, since my return to shooting. Had my best of 5 stages and didn't burn the other 3 that much. I changed two things since last month. 1, my grip. It's now higher on the gun making recoil seem less and letting me transition from target to target faster.

I also put a new safe on the 1911 frame with Walgreen's accurizing kit and Magazine fix for retail.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-13-2021 at 10:18 AM.

User Tag List