Page 106 of 232 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Three S&W revolvers: M18 no dash 4 screw, M64-6 for its first rounds, and five rounds of carry Federal GMM through the M642-2.

Also took my wife and a G44. She hasn’t gone to the range in over a year, and this was her first time with the G44 (her personal gun is a G42). She thought the Glock in .22 was fun. She wasn’t as impressed with the M18, and had no interest in shooting anything but .22 today.

Shot an abbreviated Steel Challenge match yesterday with a pistol mounted Holosun 508T. First time shooting any Steel Challenge stages with a red dot. On the Smoke & Hope stage I switched to the circle/dot reticle for speed and I do believe it helped a lot. On the next stage, Outer Limits, I switched to the dot only. Compared to the last time I shot this stage with an iron sight pistol, I dropped only 2 rounds in the four strings.

Gotta say I'm impressed with the circle/dot reticle and using a red dot on a pistol.
    Also shot both stages with a semi-auto .22LR rifle with a 30mm Aimpoint. A whole lot of fun!

I haven’t been to the range all friggin year.....

Until today. Today my wife told me I needed to go. I hate chasing brass in August, so it was a revolver day. I shot ten rounds to make sure the sights were regulated and fired my first HiTS Revolver Super Test in I don’t know how long.

Name:  08D3473C-086F-490E-83BB-C9BCE50FE542.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  33.7 KB

I scored it as 172/180, which I was happy to see with 2.5” of barrel and 200 pounds of rust in my shooting. K frames can make even me look somewhat competent I reckon.

After I shot the 66 a bit more, I picked up the GP100 my brother let me have. After a few runs in the low 170’s (and one dismal failure where I missed the paper the B8 was printed on and put a round in the silhouettes belly) I managed this:

Name:  CCA650F9-F8A9-4FAB-94FA-1136E6488B84.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  30.0 KB

I scored that one as 176/180. The one in the 8 ring was a bummer that spoiled what would have been an excellent run.

Glad I got out today. It was a good day to shoot, good day to be alive, just a good day. Hopefully I’ll shake out of my funk and get back to semi regular range trips, some dry practice, and rebuild a little skill. I picked up Ben Stoeger’s latest book and there are some great tips and things in it, even for someone like me that won’t compete seriously.

I mounted my C-More Railway with a 12 MOA dot back onto my Volquartsen Black Mamba today. Only took two magazines to get it centered at 15 yards, and then proceeded to destroy the center of the target.

This is my Steel Challenge gun. I split shooting it in the Rimfire Pistol Open (Red Dot) and Iron Sight divisions where I mount a VQ fiber optic front sight and their fully adjustable rear.

This has all the bells and whistles I want. Basically it's a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite with every upgrade Volquartsen has to offer. I chose the 6 inch because I like to shoot iron sights with it as well as optic and I get a better sight picture than the 4.5 inch version.

These grips are Herrett Stocks. I swap out between these and a set of StonerCNC.com textured grips. My hands slide nicely and seat the same every time with the Herrett's. The Stoners let me get a non slip grip which helps in the summer.

The Volquartsen Accurizing Kit set the trigger at 1 pound 7 ounces and is adjustable for pre and post travel and sets very quickly. The VQ Bolt has their firing pin and extractor which adds to the reliability of the pistol. It is the slickest bolt and requires no oil and only a patch to wipe it clean after hundreds of rounds.

I put the Tandemkross Victory Trigger in but will probably go back to the VQ Trigger. I don't have to reach as far for it. Both triggers are fully adjustable.

Since Steel Challenge targets range in distance from 7 to 35 yards I find that if I'm dead on at 15 I will be good at all the other distances.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

@AzShooter, do you think the C-More would be useable for informal bullseye work with a smaller dot? I’m debating another Ultra-Dot or trying something new.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @AzShooter, do you think the C-More would be useable for informal bullseye work with a smaller dot? I’m debating another Ultra-Dot or trying something new.
    For Bullseye I would use the C-More with a 2 or 3 MOA dot. I like the enlarged window and the fact that no matter how bright I make mine it doesn't star out and stays a nice circle. You can reduce the intensity if you want to see through the dot which I find more precise.

Good luck.

For batteries, I've found that 2 LR44s replace the normal battery and will last much longer. They are also much cheaper. I buy them on Amazon in 20 packs. At the price I pay I have no trouble replacing the battery every month or two. When you see the dot not being as bright as you like, replace the battery.

BTW I really like the Ultra-Dot as well and use to use them on my Bullseye guns but now I have C-Mores on all my pistols.

Thanks! I’ve got the UD on my AA 1911T conversion and I’m looking to set up an optic barrel for a High Standard so I’m looking at the options.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I shot my SW 1911Sc Commander in my second IDPA match since Sept. 2019 and the first time for that gun. So, I shot it adequately on most stages, 2 or three points off. Bad things, one stage I had a bad jam with the round almost vertical but pushed against the feed ramp. Had to rip out the mag and clear it and it ate the time to the end of time. Oh, well. There was one stage that had a series of portholes. The high ones were too high for me and the bottom ones would take a squat or very low kneel and I no longer can do such. So there was a minor squatting/bending to use the middle portholes. Totally screwed that up as I was shooting to the right (I'm a left, I know why but unless a practice my grip I do that and I haven't for quite a bit). Learning moment for me. I was better with m G17 at the USPSA match. Nice folks, a little rain but not bad. Bit of a drive for me to get there. Listened to a mystery CD.

Other shooters of interest:

1. A few Glocks with optics
    2. A 320 with optics that jammed a few times.
    3. One guy had a neat Browning HiPower than he had Cylinder and Slide fix up for IDPA. Neat gun.

I think my 15 year old Peltors have bellied up. Didn't work and threw in a new battery and with that, if I turned up the loudness, got a horrific screech. I'll try another battery just to see but I think they are gone.

Site Supporter
    Shot steel with @JM Campbell

• Worked draws and transitions
      tried a 320 AXG (metal) 320 frame with the PMM comp which seemed to address some reliability issues with lighter ammo
      Tried an aftermarket Sig MPX Mag
      Some general plinking with the Beretta 1301

Name:  5BF547DD-4D9A-4C1D-A027-3E54D767522D.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  4EFE4CD0-98DF-460E-B17A-C989026282AD.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  99458AAA-A54D-489B-96B6-2165533BBA11.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  57.3 KB

https://www.primaryarms.com/thril-pm...black-35-round

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Shot 3 of my newest Glocks with Dots. The RMRccs on the 48 and the 43 worked great - both guns fed fired extracted ~200rd ea of mixed FMJ and JHP are now blessed for carry.

The glock 19 actually had a couple teething issues which I suspect may be due to the HRED which I think may be in need of replacing. It failed to go into battery for a stretch and it seemed like the extractor claw was locked up. Spontaneously resolved itself. Also, to spare a fairly long story, I sort of want to remount the RMR on this gun anyway.... May not get the chance to hit the range again for a couple months so will get it all tuned up so the next time counts.

May actually try to hit the range one last time this week as it is my week off. Forgot how nice it is to be in the sunshine and not in the hospital....

Last edited by Nephrology; 08-30-2021 at 05:39 PM.

User Tag List