Page 221 of 232 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Rimfire Match

On Saturday, but I’ve had a lot of trouble logging on here..

Went to our club’s 100 yard Rimfire match and shot in the Semi-auto class….first match of any kind since October because of health and the weather.

I put the rifle together: Magpul stock, Faxon receiver, Kidd bolt and trigger and 18” .920” Shaw barrel.

Scope is an Athlon 8-34….I have old eyes.

Name:  IMG_0148.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  74.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0155.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  87.9 KB

A beautiful day in our neighborhood….here in north east Louisiana.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter
    Rounds 6-15 through a new barreled action in 6 Dasher. 10 shot group of 30-31.8 grains of Varget. 0.77 MOA and I pulled the second shot.

Name:  IMG_1003.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  101.4 KBName:  CAP_DACAFD55-E417-454F-8D1D-980A92B7C57C.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  28.7 KB

What did you shoot today?

I’m visiting a buddy who bought my S&W 669 30 years ago… and I got to shoot it yesterday.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-26-2024 at 08:51 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Over the last few weeks I’ve been setting up long guns with suppressor mounts - YHM sRx for the 9mm R9 and 5.56 Turbo T3, and KeyMo/KeyMicro for the Sandman-S. I picked up alignment rods and everything. At the advice of Rob Otte (ILWT) I didn’t Rocksett the MPX mounts since many of the factory 4.5” barrels go all shotgun when you add a mount - he suggested I try them first.

Saturday during the Great P-F Silence I took the Copperhead-K, MPX-K and my little AR9 SBRs up to the range with the R9 for its maiden flight. Everything worked great, and I had no accuracy issues with the MPX. I’m especially happy with how the AR9 shoots since I added one of Slash’s buffer and spring kit for the LWRC UCIW stock kit. Even in Texas showing up at an indoor range with several SBRs and a suppressor attracts the looky-loos.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I put the rifle together: Magpul stock, Faxon receiver, Kidd bolt and trigger and 18” .920” Shaw barrel.
    What are your thoughts on the Faxon receiver? I read some unfavorable reviews over on RFC but I also know some of those guys compare everything to a Kidd regardless of the price range and every build has to be 1/4 MOA target rifle. I'm not sure some of them understand the concept of a budget build and just shooting for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m visiting a buddy who bought my S&W 669 30 years ago… and I got to shoot it yesterday.

It's just like you remember it?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    It's just like you remember it?
    Pretty much…
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Went up to Turkey Tracks in the Pike National Forest with @GyroF-16 the other day. I was rocking my “Polish OIF contingent Beryl clone” as well as Scorpion. Gyro running his oh so sexy Geissele ARs. Pistols were along for “emotional support” but we didn’t end up using them.

Beautiful day in the Rockies, great weather and scenery, and a great day shooting. Gave us a chance to work on and out rifle drills and techniques not possible on our indoor range or a Fudd rules DOD public range.

Only problems were some magazine/ammo related issues with the Beryl (it did not demonstrate to Gyro the utter superiority and magnificence of the Kalashnikov system - which I attribute to the corrupting NATO influence on the rifle), my woefully poor ability to seat my magazines during reloads (another corrupting Western influence from my years behind the AR or maybe just lack of practice ), the aches and pains the following day associated with a 50 year old man spending a day in the mountains rolling around in the dirt, and the fact that a day as great as this makes one want for more.

Name:  IMG_8054.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7298.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  104.9 KB

East adapted to West - one of the finest AKs available on the market today and one with a battle proven pedigree. The high line of sight of this configuration did not affect me as badly as I expected as the EoTech allows for a lot of wiggle room with respect to eye placement (probably the reason it was selected by the Poles and seems to be favored my most high speed AK users). That said - I think the rifle will better suit my needs with a 2x prism scope.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 03-02-2024 at 11:50 AM.

Snuck away from the household projects today for an hour of range time. Brought along the 5” 27-2, 3” 686 Plus, G47 and High Standard Supermatic Trophy. Had to rush back so no beauty pics from the range.

This was the first time out with the 27-2. I think we’re going to get along fine. Top target was double action at 10 yards, bottom target was 2-5 round strings of single action. Ammo was Magtech 158ge SJHP .38 Special. Ignore the 2 red “X”, those were a double action attempt with the 686.

Name:  IMG_2149.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  47.2 KB

The 686 Plus wasn’t as…accommodating. I blame it mostly on the stocks which are thin and I couldn’t stop it from squirming around. What I thought were RB L Frame Pachmayrs turned out to be marked S K G - 2. Not sure what that means but they fit and that’s what I’ll use next time. As tame as the Magtech was in the 27, it looked like hellfire and brimstone loads in the 3”. The odds of feeding this one any .357 with wood stocks are slim and none. And slim just took the last Greyhound out.

Name:  IMG_2150.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  103.8 KB

I’ve been a High Standard fan for ~20 years. One of the first pistols I bought with my C&R license was a Model B (long gone now) and I’ve had a couple of Sport Kings and Duramatics along the way as well. I found this ‘68 Supermatic Trophy a couple of years ago on consignment locally. I love the looks and the way it shoots but the 7.25” barrel just isn’t my thing. Several years ago I heard about the barrels Lebanon Screw Products was putting out. Sleeved aluminum and already drilled and tapped for an optic rail. About a month ago I finally bit for the barrel and rail. It made an amazing difference! So far it doesn’t seem to like CCI SV. Lots of misfeeds and so-so accuracy. Norma TAC-22 was a different story. No feed issues and some of the best offhand groups I’ve shot in a long time.

Name:  IMG_2151.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  100.3 KB

On Target 1, shot 4 was high and 7 low and I knew they were wrong when the shots broke. I’ve rarely been able to call that before. I couldn’t tell you the rest were right, but I knew those 2 were wrong. T2 had a couple of unintentional doubles. I caught myself trying to prep the trigger like the revolvers and G47 which doesn’t turn out well with the lighter HS trigger. T3 and 4, the wheels started coming off as I started losing focus because my hands and back started cramping. All targets shot at 10 yards offhand, 10 round strings, Norma TAC-22.

Name:  IMG_2152.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  25.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Rimfires 15/22P turned SBR, 10/22 in Trek22 bullpup stock, TX22 compact with Ruger garbage dot & the manually operated 7.62x39.
    Name:  IMG_2181.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  57.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2183.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  101.2 KB

User Tag List