Page 229 of 234 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2333

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Name:  IMG_2351.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  82.8 KB
    First rounds through the 432UC. Love the sights and trigger. However, the VZ grips are not for me at all. They hit a pressure point at the base of my thumb that is just irritating. Goes to show that no grip is perfect for everyone.

I don’t have this issue with Hogue bantams, @rhamre grips, PGS, UM Spegels, real Spegels, CT-105’s or even factory S&W boots on any of the centennials from 43c through 340PD.

Put some PGS on after I got home as a placeholder while I continue the search for the perfect grips to make this my “Ultimate” J frame.

Name:  IMG_2362.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  38.9 KB

Side note. My original 432 with Bantams weighs 13.4oz, 432UC with PGS 15.2oz.
    Last edited by jandbj; 04-06-2024 at 06:37 PM.

I shot my Shield Plus with the compact Bushnell red dot and my 43C. I’ve been neglecting dry and live practice and it shows. I shot the playing card drill, Five Yard Roundup, the Rangemaster Baseline Assessment and the Rangemaster Bullseye course. I shot the Super Snubby Test with the 43C and the carry ammo.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    With the Colorado State Legislature hell bent on passing a CaliWashington inspired Assault Weapons Ban, and LL's thread about piston ARs, I finally gave into my long desire to get a Primary Weapons System rifle in 556. The original intent was just to purchase an unfinished lower and then build it up at my leisure, but between on an off availability, Primary Arms qualified pricing, and less resistance than expected from my wife, I ended up ordering a completed lower and then a 16 inch upper in short order. Got it all assembled shortly before a work trip last week but wasn't able to get it sighted in until yesterday. For the time being it will be equipped with Magpul BUSs and my old trusty Aimpoint M2. Right now my intention is to place a mid-range 1-6x LPVO on it, but all money will be focused on preparing for the upcomming ban, so far optics are not on the list (yet) - so I will have time. Until then I have enough optics laying around to have fun.

My main inspiration for getting a PWS in 556 however has been my experience with my MK216 rifle in 762N. It has been boringly reliable (something that I maintain is not common in DI 308 ARs) and impressively accurate (PWS guarantees their rifles will shoot sub MOA). My experience with my new MK116 suggests it will follow in its big brother's footsteps. Using just the BUIS, I was able to get a 100 yard zero with 3 round groups ranging from about 1 inch to 2 inches with 55gr fodder. While 3 round groups are far from a perfect way to test the accuracy of a rifle, there were no wild flyers in any of them. Groups with the Aimpoint were similar. One thing that surprised me was the recoil impulse, the rifle definitely felt overgassed in the "normal" gas setting. About half way through the range session I adjusted the gas regulator to the middle setting, this resulted in a jokingly soft recoil, 2-3 o'clock ejection pattern. No malfunction were experienced with 80 rounds of a mix of steel and brass cased ammo.

Honestly - couldn't be happier with the rifle so far!

Name:  IMG_8241.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  102.2 KB

I am running far behind with my contributions to this thread. This was done over the course of several range sessions

First Colt SBR lower with 10.3" HK416 upper. The Alec Baldwin PMAG was bought as a firearms safety reminder. The other PMAG came with a Tavor that I bought and now want to sell.

Name:  HK 416 to post - Copy.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  51.9 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 04-08-2024 at 11:51 PM.

From left to right: Colt SBR lower with Knights 14.5" upper, Knights 11.5" upper by itself; Daniel Defense DDm4V1:

Name:  Knights and Daniel Defense to post - Copy.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  56.5 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 04-09-2024 at 12:56 AM.

Colt Lower with Knights 14.5" upper and Knights Armament Suppressor, 5.56, QDC, MQC-PRT . Knights 11.5" upper with CRS QDC PRT FDE:

Name:  Knights uppers with supressors to post - Copy.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  62.4 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 04-09-2024 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I am running far behind with my contributions to this thread. This was done over the course of several range sessions

First Colt SBR lower with 10.3" HK416 upper. The Alec Baldwin PMAG was bought as a firearms safety reminder. The other PMAG came with a Tavor that I bought and now want to sell.

Name:  HK 416 to post - Copy.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  51.9 KB
    I can’t quite make out what the Baldwin PMAG says. Is it “Probably Blanks”?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I can’t quite make out what the Baldwin PMAG says. Is it “Probably Blanks”?
    It says "Possibly Blanks."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    It says "Possibly Blanks."
    Thanks! 🤣
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Yesterday OK?

Name:  IMG_4903.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  59.9 KB

I got the Sig two days ago. Got the Colt almost forty years ago. Took the Colt with me when I drove around the country in the late '80s. The larger sights and beavertail/ring hammer went on in the late '90s.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List