Page 110 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2315

Thread: What did you shoot today?

I haven’t posted in a while, being every weekend it’s the same, my EGW built SV open gun.

Last night I shot iron sights for the first time in 6+ months. I shot my Baer P2 in 9mm, and EDC X9 (which also served carry duty). A friend also let me try out his Ruger Max 9.

The Max 9 seems like a really solid gun. Plenty accurate. There was a bit of trigger sting, so I wouldn’t want to go more than 50 rounds or so. I had the same issue with my 43 and 48, which was solved by Apex.

I keep considering “upping” my small carry (G43) option to more rounds. I’ve been considering the Shield plus, which I’ll have to try at some point. Trouble is, I shoot that 43 freakishly well.

Today I had the opportunity to shoot the firearm I was named after. Ran into an acquaintance at the range, who I hadn't seen in awhile. He asked if I had done any shooting, and I replied I just stopped up to function check a pistol. He mentioned he was picking up an item he had in for repair.

We chatted about the upcoming pin shoot, and if I would provide some tips. Happily agreed, and went back to browsing the sales counter.

He asks if I want to check out his new Shadow 2, and that he may have something else I would enjoy.

This is the other thing.... a select fire B.A.R.

Name:  20211015_134946.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  31.0 KB

Tell ya what, a full auto 30.06 really pushed around my 125lb frame. Worth it.

Fun times.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Today I had the opportunity to shoot the firearm I was named after. Ran into an acquaintance at the range, who I hadn't seen in awhile. He asked if I had done any shooting, and I replied I just stopped up to function check a pistol. He mentioned he was picking up an item he had in for repair.

We chatted about the upcoming pin shoot, and if I would provide some tips. Happily agreed, and went back to browsing the sales counter.

He asks if I want to check out his new Shadow 2, and that he may have something else I would enjoy.

Fun times.

If you were named after “Bar”, it might not have been the gun. Just throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    If you were named after “Bar”, it might not have been the gun. Just throwing that out there.
    I was thinking Shadow…😁
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post

Fun times.
    Jeez, i envy the you that opportunity! Guess I'll have.to watch The Highwaymen again!

I checked out a new range today. Fees were high but a 100-yard indoor rifle range is worth ponying up.

I finished dialing in a Trijicon Credo 1-4 on a BCM midlength. I learned a lesson in wasting ammo: There is a significant difference in POI between M193-alike at 3,250 fps and 68 grain BTHP at about 3,000. I might have saved some close-range practice ammo had I thought about that.

Then was the real fun: Confirming zero and trying out a bipod on a .308 Tikka T3 CTR. It just needed 2 clicks to the left. Unfortunately, I ran out of time before I got to try any loads other than 168 grain Federal Gold Medal Match. On the bright side, that gives me a reason to shoot it again soon.

Name:  IMG_4048.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  64.1 KB

With the heavy barrel, scope, and bipod, it could probably anchor a boat. I hate that when I'm lugging to/from the range. When it's set up on the bench and the .308 goes boom, I don't mind so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Jeez, i envy the you that opportunity! Guess I'll have.to watch The Highwaymen again!
    One of my "if I win the lottery guns" is either a Colt Monitor or a Wilson Limo protection BAR. Both are shortened /lightened BARs.

Name:  IMG_0097 copy.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  50.0 KB

I shot D Platoon LAPD SWAT QUAL Course today. It tests a lot in 50 rounds and about 30 minutes.
    Shot with HK USP 45 LEM from AIWB CCW, closed front cover garment. 230 grain loads. This is my usual carry gear.

I try to meet the times listed for from low ready while drawing from CCW AIWB with closed front cover garment. I am often .15-.5 second slow on some stages. This is under the holstered par times,

The parts I find hardest are the 25 yard (longest), 10 yard (longest head shots) and 3 yard (shortest time).

LAPD SWAT shot this course a miss and you were off the team. Goal is all in the black or head. 8 ring hits are OK. The idea is to group well enough that if they turn edge on you still hit well.
    The #s by the holes are for the yards for the marked shots.

Today's target enclosed, this is about average for me and needs work.
    Neck hit was supposed to be a chest shot.
    Grip needs to be more consistent and trigger pull needs to be straighter back with better follow through.

Stay well.
    -------------------------------------------

LAPD D PLATOON SWAT QUAL A

HOLSTERED ADD 1 SECOND TO TIMES.

Source Darryl Bolke
    LAPD SWAT Qualification
    “A “ Course

This course is shot from the Low Ready (a true low ready, muzzle depressed 45 degrees to the ground)

25 Yards: Controlled Pair to the body-4 seconds 3X- 6 rounds
    15 Yards: Controlled Pair to the body-3 seconds 3X-6 rounds
    10 Yards: Failure Drill (2 body, 1 brain)-3.5 seconds 2X-
    6 rounds
    7 Yards: Failure Drill-3 seconds 2X- 6 rounds
    5 Yards: Failure Drill-2.5 seconds 2X- 6 rounds
    3 Yards: Failure Drill-2.0 seconds 2X- 6 rounds

10 Yards to 3 Yards-Shooting on the move-6 rounds body, 1 brain 2X 14 rounds total.

Course is a total of 50 rounds.

To add difficulty, this course can be shot from the holster (add 1 second to times), or in full gear, gas masks, strong or support hand only, or at night with a hand held light.

What did you shoot today?

Fun weekend shooting steel in bizarre wind conditions. Eg. 1 mile impact with basically zero wind at firing point and target, but sneaky midrange requiring +20.5 Mil -0.6 for an updraft and 4.0 mils of wind (poa 20 feet off target). It took 4 misses to figure that out.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-17-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Is that Clinton County? I was eyeballing the archery range as I was leaving yesterday....

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Attachment 78472

About 30 arrows with a recurve I bought years ago but haven’t done much with. So far it seems fun.

User Tag List