Page 156 of 233 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2321

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yeah, talk to Gyro. He’s around those parts.
    Yeah- we’re pretty much texting daily. I was pretty much his “sponsor” for coming to this area.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    If you are in the Colorado Springs area-

There was the Rampart Range near Garden of the God's that was open to the public but it may have been shutdown by the forest service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That is shut down now from what I heard but Turkey Tracks should still be open. It’s of 67 between Woodland Park and Deckers.

I miss Colorado…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for the tips!

I’m loving it here! Family is having a harder time adjusting. It may not be Arizona when it comes to guns but it is a few orders of magnitude better than Kali.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yeah, talk to Gyro. He’s around those parts.
    All ready did! In fact he shares some of the blame for me choosing the area. He’s already gotten me hooked up at the indoor range within walking distance and a few pints have been lifted. Still, my Army roots have me yearning for a range where I can roll in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Thanks for the tips!

I’m loving it here! Family is having a harder time adjusting. It may not be Arizona when it comes to guns but it is a few orders of magnitude better than Kali.

All ready did! In fact he shares some of the blame for me choosing the area. He’s already gotten me hooked up at the indoor range within walking distance and a few pints have been lifted. Still, my Army roots have me yearning for a range where I can roll in the mud.
    Shoot me a pm if you want, I can give you more of an idea about Turkey Tracks if Gyro is unfamiliar with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Still, my Army roots have me yearning for a range where I can roll in the mud.
    I have a membership at an outdoor range south of town near Hanover where you can do just that. In fact, the informal range is open 24/7. Fountain PD trains there (or at east they used to). It is a great place to practice with WML/NV. I can take guests. I am a little challenged for time right now, (and hence a little rusty), but feel free to look me up if you want to check it out.

There is also a 1000-yard rifle range there if you want to work on your long game in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I have a membership at an outdoor range south of town near Hanover where you can do just that. In fact, the informal range is open 24/7. Fountain PD trains there (or at east they used to). It is a great place to practice with WML/NV. I can take guests. I am a little challenged for time right now, (and hence a little rusty), but feel free to look me up if you want to check it out.

There is also a 1000-yard rifle range there if you want to work on your long game in the wind.
    Can't you guys just find a spot to shoot in the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Can't you guys just find a spot to shoot in the woods?
    Yes, but the woods get trashed by such activities. Besides, a place surrounded by three impact berms with barrels to use for barricades and a Texas Star is much nicer. As long as muzzle discipline and left/right limits are used, it’s much safer for everyone too.

Name:  CB89D2C7-6B88-495A-9067-C456059A6236.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  58.6 KB

CZ 457 Scout, CZ457 ProVarmint, and a S&W M&P15-22. Today was the first time I took my wife and daughter to the range at the same time. Family shooting trip. We all had a great time.

I also took a G44 that I shot a little. I’m really digging the G44.

Daughter had a great time. Last time was just me and her, and she really wanted momma there for round 2. Momma was happy to oblige. Again, great family day.

Rainy day practice. Draws to 40yd 8”

Freestyle

SHO

Draws 20yd: step in, back, sides. Fire as soon as foot touches inbounds.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  With swirl background.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  74.5 KB

Finally got out to shoot my Mark IV 22/45 Lite with iron sighs. I put a new Ruger Fiber Optic green sight up front and mounted the stock Ruger rear sight, replacing my C-More Red Dot Sight. I had 10 magazines loaded with Normal Tac 22 and proceded to sight in at 15 yards. I find that to be a good starting distance for when I'm shooting Steel Challenge.

If I'm on at 15 I know I'll be set for 25 and the 35 yard targets aren't too difficult to hit.

I fired a total of 300 rounds, 100 of Normal and 200 more of CCI Blazer 40 grain ammo. The CCI was much hotter and grouped much better. I kept all shots on the 6 ich Splatterburst target and started getting comfortable with the FO sight after about 50 rounds. I could really tell the difference with the Blazers working the compensator much more efficently.

It was cold at the range this morning. Not too bad but cold for Arizona. 60 degrees but very windy. You could tell the Snowbirds as they were walking around in shorts and short leave shirts. Us desert dwellers were all bundled up with sweaters and coats. I even wore a pair of fingerless gloves and had a pair of hand warmers in my pockets.

The range has changed their policy for practicing and it starts November 1st. They had been charging $7 per session lasting 1 1/2 hours. If you wanted to stay longer you had to pay another 7 per session. Starting on the first they will be open longer, added another day, (the range has been closed on Monday and Tuesday for 40 years but will now be open on Tuesday). Now they are going to charge $10 for all day. except weekends when they will continue the $7 sessions and you have to make a reservation on your computer.

It really pays off for people shooting rifles. Pistol I can get away with 1 1/2 hours but with a rifle I take my time and can easily be there 3 - 4 hours.

Name:  IMG_20221029_170227.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  100.4 KBName:  IMG_20221029_182350~2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  19.0 KB

User Tag List