Page 50 of 232 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Name:  2E58DA05-485B-4DD0-A954-36D1CBF4FB42.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  59.0 KBName:  E0B883D9-5642-409B-ACEA-B04AE6EAE30F.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  43.6 KB
    Finally caught up with the Glock LE rep... yup, I’m definitely buying one.
    Ran with CCI MM, CCI SV, Federal hi-power and some ancient Winchester stuff too.

Word is they’re hoping the Austrians have perfected the 15 round mags the preproduction samples used soon.
    Unfortunate word was this will likely be the first Glock without a blue label discount deal available.
    Last edited by jandbj; 01-02-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Her rifle finally fits her pretty well.
    Also matches.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Also matches.
    She usually wears pink ear muffs too. Whatever leads her to enjoy shooting more is great with me and she loves the color pink. Her little sister already wants a purple rifle.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    It was too rainy to hunt here today, but my seven year old did get a few shots from the front porch at some steel targets I set up in the front yard. Her rifle finally fits her pretty well.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Nice. So lucky to be able to shoot from ones porch.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_b4fc.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  57.0 KB

Couple hundred rounds of GECO 124gr through this USP. I don't normally mix hammer & striker fired pistols in the same range session but put a couple mags through my VP9 as well and was surprised at how soft shooting the USP was in comparison. If only they made an XD HR front sight for it...

Name:  IMG_20200104_152346.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  39.0 KB
    96 rounds of Doubles drill, the Test (pictured), another 96 rounds of Doubles drill. I feel pretty good about the Test given I haven't shot the drill in nearly a year.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 01-04-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    I made a short trip to confirm my SRO dot was still working after I changed the battery. However, I took my SIG MPX SBR'ed carbine and shot about 100 rds through the MPX first. I love that MPX. The CZ P10F with SRO seemed awful hard to shoot compared to the MPX! Not a knock on the pistol, I am just amazed at how easy the MPX is to shoot at steel on a pistol range.

Site Supporter
    Since I have a police trade-in M&P45 mid-size 1.0 w/thumb safety coming in, I decided to dig out my full-size version to remind myself what shooting a striker-fired gun is like. When I got to the range there were several other shooters there, so I took an empty target frame and stapled up a B8. I paced off the distance from the line to the target and it was ten yards. I shot a couple of magazines through it at no cadence in particular and then put up a fresh B8 to try the Test.

First try, in 7.66, went too fast:

Name:  IMG_0295(1).jpg
Views: 403
Size:  31.1 KB

Second try, in 10.54, better accuracy but two fliers:

Name:  IMG_0296(1).jpg
Views: 417
Size:  33.0 KB

I shot a couple more mags of controlled (relatively speaking!) pairs, two more SHO and one WHO. To finish up I shot a magazine of Armscor hardball, slowfire:

Name:  IMG-0297 (2).jpg
Views: 389
Size:  39.5 KB

I guess I've verified zero. Even though it's only ten yards, with 68-year-old eyes, I'll take it!

Early morning range time included my G34 with optic, G48 with Apex trigger, and 92 G Compact.

Here’s the G34, Vannek trigger kit, slug plug and extra length tungsten guide rod from the Glock Store, Delta Point Pro direct mount, slide work by L&M, BarSto match fit barrel fit by Dave Olhasso, factory mag with Dawson base pad and spring for 22 rounds. I’ll probably need a follower to get them to 23 like my CZ.

Name:  0EFA14B1-5D58-442B-824D-822251A2A000.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  45.9 KB

I picked up a 4" Ruger Mark 3 22/45 at the Ft Worth gun show last week and got a chance to sight it in today. I've had a Mark 2 7" 22/45 slab side for years but I wanted a 22 that I could actually carry in a holster.

I've already ordered a bushing to replace the mag safety and a replacement for the LCI. On my old pistol, I replaced the trigger, did some stoning of the sear and hammer and did my own slingshot mod by drilling a hole in the top of the bolt release and adding a spring on top. I will do the same to this new one when the parts get here.

The factory trigger is 3 3/4 to 4 lbs vs my old 22/45 at 2 3/4 lbs. It was very noticeable comparing the 2 while siting in the new gun.

I sighted in the Iron sights and also a cheap Tasko ProPoint PLUS red dot. Because of the Tasko's clamps location and Ruger.s rail slots, I had to mount it with the objective pretty close to the muzzle. It shot great but looks stupid.

At 20 yds with the red dot I managed a 2" 5 shot group using a 3" black dot for the target. With only iron sights on a B-8 at 20 yards I got another 2" 5 shot group but it took me 3 tries to get it. This was all from a rest.

After I got it sighted in, I worked on 6" and 10 " steel plates freehand at 20 yards. The 10" was easy but with the 6" I only hit around 20% of the time.

Gringop

Old above and new below with the biggest, oldest red dot ever.

Name:  20200105_200317A.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  68.0 KB
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

User Tag List