Page 146 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2315

Thread: What did you shoot today?

I recently acquired a European Sig P210. A Sig P210-2. It was built in 2001 and in unfired shape. The person who set up the auction on gun broker did a very bad job of doing it with photos and did not show that it had the factory target with it. I got it at a relatively decent price. I got it a week ago. and took it shooting today. It shot very well. In the picture below is the target that came with the gun, not the targets I shot. It would not feed Federal 124 grain HST Hollowpoints, but managed some other hollowpoints--Black hills and Federal 115 grain 9BP JHP.

The sights are a bit of an issue for me. It has a dot on the front sight and a vertical line in the center of the rear sight. This does not provide good contrast for me with the white on the front and rear sights becoming a blur together. It makes it hard for me to get a good sight picture. I am accustomed to either 3 dot sight or a dot or some different color with the front sight.

Here is the gun:

Name:  Sig P210 - Copy.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  27.2 KB

Here is a look at the sights:

Name:  Sig left side - Copy.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  64.2 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 07-31-2022 at 01:23 AM.

Site Supporter
    This was a bad day. I'm running my new Glock 17 MOS Gen 5 with the SRO. For three stages, all went well. On the fourth, the gun jammed solid as a rock. I ditched mags, put in a new one and jammed again. I just quit the stage after 3 mag flops. Took it as a major loss. Theories, not enough lube, bad mags (Glock and Magpul 10 rounders), I was mishandling it - when I racked, I wasn't forceful enough - but I've been racking Glocks since the 90s, the sight altered the space/time continuum of my crappy racking.

However, on the next stage - it ran but my concentration was off and I forgot a target. Blah! I will clean it and lube and speak nice to it and see. I do like the RDS but bah!!

Other tidbits - one guy has a Sig 320, well - his sight flew off and the slide cracked. Another guy has a new Zev and it didn't run. The slide seems not to fit so well - so it's back to the company.

300 Yard Rifle Match

The first Saturday of every month we have a 300 yard bench rest rifle match at the Prince Memorial range near Oak Grove LA. We start shooting about 8am, and with reasonably mild weather given the season, we had a good turnout.
    There are 3 classes: Custom, Factory and Tactical.

I shot my Savage Elite Precision rifle with a Shilen bull barrel chambered in 6 Dasher.. The scope is a Nightforce 15-55.

Most folks these days are shooting 6BR, 6 BRA, 6 BRX or 6 Dasher….with a few 6.5 Creedmoors and a couple of .270’s. We shoot four rounds of 5 shots, so the best would be 200-20X….the winner today was 200-5X. My best round today was a 49, along with a 44, 46 and 47. Needless to say, I was bringing up the rear. The 3rd Saturday is our 600 yard match followed the next week with the 100 rimfire event.

Name:  94BF039D-D186-4F70-8BDC-3C613140220A.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  88.5 KB

Name:  F9CB9705-B39E-4096-A75D-6E7EEA6F7109.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  0EB0749D-6176-4A17-8F4F-FC28230FB797.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  84.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    The first Saturday of every month we have a 300 yard bench rest rifle match at the Prince Memorial range near Oak Grove LA. We start shooting about 8am, and with reasonably mild weather given the season, we had a good turnout.
    There are 3 classes: Custom, Factory and Tactical.

I shot my Savage Elite Precision rifle with a Shilen bull barrel chambered in 6 Dasher.. The scope is a Nightforce 15-55.

That is really good shooting off a bipod.

I have a Dasher barrel but haven't tried it yet, still shooting a 6X47L.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Most folks these days are shooting 6BR, 6 BRA, 6 BRX or 6 Dasher….with a few 6.5 Creedmoors and a couple of .270’s
    Surprised to see .270 in that list. How would a .243 fare with that crew?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Shot the FAST drill for an arfcom challenge. Then just did some drills after checking my 200 yard zero with a new XS front sight with stripe.

Finally had a real range day for the first time in months.

I took both new MPXes and ran 100 through each zeroing the dots, no issues at all. They are very soft shooting, all my other PCCs are blowback. And I put the first 200 through the 9mm ECP, it’s as silly accurate as it’s .45 big brother.

I also took the Ruger 9mm Officers along to rezero after installing new sights (a Wilson adjustable rear and Dawson fiber optic front.) All is well, and I’ve passed the reliability point that I’m comfortable carrying it - so I am. This is the first time I’ve carried a defensive 1911 since around 1985.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Surprised to see .270 in that list. How would a .243 fare with that crew?
    I understand….one guy today was shooting a straight .270 in what appeared to be an expensive custom BR rifle…another was shooting a .270 bullet he made himself in a rifle he made from scratch as well. What can I say…he’s an engineer.

Until a few months ago one of our members was shooting an expensive 30-06 custom rifle…rarely did well with it but enjoyed himself at every match. He unfortunately passed away recently, but I don’t think the ‘06 had anything to do with it.

Re the .243 the twist is slower, 1:10 as opposed to my barrel at 1:7.5 and you’re burning roughly 1/3 more powder. My rifle was born as a 6 Creedmoor until I had it rechambered to the 6 Dasher: better selection of bullets, less powder and less recoil.

I think Bill Whidden of Whidden Gun Works competes with a .243 Winchester…so it can be done. Sometimes we have to choose between the hard way and the easy way. At 300 to 1000 yards shooting a .270, a .243 or a 30-06 is doing it the hard way….in my never to be humble opinion
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Sighted in the ARC Nucleus 300PRC with 212gr ELDx for an upcoming elk hunt.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Shot dots, doubles, and 25 yd head. Shadow2 Optics. Rust from 2 months away from USPSA is coming off…

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List