Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Attachment 91631
    This gun just wants to go fast.
    That's a beauty.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    I like the Bushnell First Strike 2.0. It has a 3 MOA dot which is a lot smaller that what I'm use to but it's a little more accurate.
    Is THIS the one you have? I just picked up the RXS-100 but after comparing the 2 I'll probably go with the Fist Strike as my next one.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is THIS the one you have? I just picked up the RXS-100 but after comparing the 2 I'll probably go with the Fist Strike as my next one.
    Yes, that's the First Strike that I got. I went to the range with it today and I like it a lot. Dot seems bright enough on low intensity for indoors and next I'll test it out in the sun.

I got it on sale from Midway for $98. Guess I got lucky.

Name:  4 inch FS Right.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  32.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Yes, that's the First Strike that I got. I went to the range with it today and I like it a lot. Dot seems bright enough on low intensity for indoors and next I'll test it out in the sun.

I got it on sale from Midway for $98. Guess I got lucky.

Name:  4 inch FS Right.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  32.4 KB
    Thanks, I'll add one to the perpetual list 'o stuff I need.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

A Rifle and 2 Glock 19’s

A hot day here in Louisiana, but a light breeze and the sheriff’s range has overhead cover so we shoot in the shade.

We have a 100 yard 22 rimfire match at the Prince range near Oak Grove on Saturday so I wanted to check the zero on my Bergara rifle.

I took my two G19’s….a gen4 and a gen5….and shot about 150 rounds of my 147 grain reloads on the plate racks, and also spent some time shooting the 50 yards man sized steel plate…..with the Indiana mall shooting in mind.

Shooting was respectable but there’s room for improvement. I’ll work on it again using my carry ammo instead of reloads.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Chronoing 175 grainers and checking out the new Vortex tripod:

Yesterday-

Trapdoor Springfield in 45-70. Another shooter asked if I wanted to give it a try
    Name:  20220722_171549.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  48.9 KB

520 grains of shiny Pb, to the right of the loaded 9mm
    Name:  678570684.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  63.5 KB

I also shot my precision AR and 9mm PCC but those kind of paled in comparison.

A Trapdoor is on the short list when I get back into picking up rifles. I had a project 1884 (or 1888?) that I sold before getting it up and running but when I get another, I'll be OK with a shorter, sporterized version.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    A Trapdoor is on the short list when I get back into picking up rifles. I had a project 1884 (or 1888?) that I sold before getting it up and running but when I get another, I'll be OK with a shorter, sporterized version.
    The one in the photos is an 1873 Carbine. The rear sight is quite the piece of engineering and machining for the time period.

Looks like the 1884 Buffington sight which got retrofitted to quite a few 1873 and 1878 rifles and carbines. It was ahead of its time for sure. Best BP cartridge sighting system I know of that is not a tang mounted sight.

User Tag List