Page 208 of 232 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin Bravo One View Post
    Get it skinned and butchered and fire up the grill, lay in some beer, and we’ll be right over!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Name:  A27BAF86-66CC-4855-B923-8095C0FA9576.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  74.2 KB

I put a few more rounds through the 10/22 LVT. I want to take the stock off to change the fixed sling swivels to QD studs and add another stud for a Ching Sling but it shoots so well I don’t want to take it apart.

Name:  870F876F-5507-4699-8EFD-EBCE2836C9FD.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  38.2 KB
    I put a few mags through the PC Victory. It doesn’t run well with some old bulk pack ammo but does with Mini Mags. I don’t care for the extended mag release, I’d be concerned about losing the mag if I was hunting with the pistol. Also the safety can easily be pushed up during a string of fire. I’m going to see if there’s a lower profile option.

Name:  60A0F808-AD6F-4679-B952-DAE4319AEC93.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  26.0 KB

I ran the Rangemaster monthly drill with the Shield Plus I’ve been carrying. The first three runs were under five seconds each bi I kept throwing one of the chest rounds into the outer scoring ring, which is a miss on the drill.

First 15 rounds out of the new-to-me Px4 compact.
    G2 147grain. 15 yards.

What a very soft shooting pistol for a 3.2" barrel.

After reading the threads started by @LangdonTactical, and other PF'ers, I had to give it a try.

Name:  IMG_20230924_103201887~2.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  40.8 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

So today I went back to the range with a goal in mind:
    Test the accuracy and function of my new-to-me Beretta PX4 Compact, with the ammo I have on hand, and run another 100 rounds of range ammo thru, offhand, strong hand and weak hand.

The ammunition used was:
    147grain Speer G2
    124grain Federal Hydra-shock
    124 NATO ball, black tip ammo. I had 58 rounds of this I acquired somewhere, so I brought the loose, and left the 50 home.
    124 S&B ball. Very clean, and relatively accurate.

I set the target at 10 yards, and all shots were offhand, except for the center target, fired strong hand, decocked each shot. There were no time constraints, just fired for accurate fire
    Below are the results:

Name:  IMG_20231014_143551147_HDR~2.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  39.3 KB

I did not expect the 124 NATO to group as tight as it did. This was surely NOT any type of scientific testing, but every round fed, fired, ejected.
    My next tests will be with the two duty ammos [124 Hydra/147 G2] fired thru denim into water jugs;

Again, not scientific, just wanting to see what velocities and weights do thru the 3.2" barrel.

The other 100 were shot at different distances, going back to decock/hammer down each time.

So far, the PX4 is very easy to shoot, a soft flat recoil, and easy to manipulate.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Yesterday I took my daughter to the gun club. I had her shoot the carry ammo from her 43C and had her shoot a few cylinders of practice ammo. She didn’t bring her Shield so I had her run a mag through my Plus. She hadn’t shot any 9mm I think since I gave her the 43C in April and the fist round recoil surprised her a little. We both also shot my Performance Center Victory. She has the same problem with the safety as me, seems to easy for it to be engaged mid string.
    I also finally put a mag through a M&P40 2.0 C I’d got a great deal on a month or two ago. I haven’t shot my 40 since retiring and the recoil surprised me a little too.

I put a mag through the subcompact M&P9 also

Yesterday afternoon I went to some private property. I shot the 870 Tactical, Tac 14, 10/22 Backpacker, Ruger Super Wrangler, 22/45 Tac Sol, S&W 43C, my old M&P40c, Performance Center Victory, M&P CORE/ACRO, and the M&P 15-22.
    The property owner had left up a pair of horizontal steel plates like the ones Walmart sells, 16” wide and 8” tall. I lasered them at 67 yards from our shooting point. Once I determined the hold, I was consistently hitting with the iron sighted Victory. The suppressed 22/45 with the Aimpoint was even better.
    Ruger had sent a replacement rear sight for the Backpacker as the original fell off last time I shot it. I had added loctite to the dovetail before putting the blade in. I put a lot of rounds through it and it seems to be holding.

Been on an old school kick lately.

Name:  B537C9A4-282D-47F5-B723-F25B8427A9DA.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  100.8 KB

666 drill / GT DOTM

Shot conservatively at no miss pace.

Worked on my stuff and ran it again at the end of the session.

I could go faster but I don’t feel like it would be vision-based without more work.

Site Supporter
    Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with SRO in a 4 stage match. Got my hits at my strolling pace except for one target hiding behind a barrel I forgot. Had it planned until my mind wandered. Oh, well. Fun for all. Nothing amusing happened. One 9mm 1911 had troubled after the first shot for a guy. Came home and ate a yogurt. Wow.

Like the gun. Next match will run my SW 1911Sc Commander. It is back from the gunsmith. If failed in a match. Mag release was screwed. Sent it back to SW - it came back and the plunger tube fell off and the whole thing seized up. Sent it to a well known smith in the area. Will say who if it runs in a couple of weeks.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I drove to the next county to shoot the monthly bowling pin match. Very few showed up so we just set up for rimfire and had some fun. I shot my PC Victory, Ruger 22/45/TacSol/Aimpoint, and the 10/22 Backpacker. Had some function issues with the Victory (grip and ammo related), and the 10/22 ( pretty sure ammo and magazine related).

There was a 13 year old shooting a Ruger Mk IV and a 10/22. Kid could get pretty fast and accurate but I was able to beat him a few times.

User Tag List