Page 158 of 232 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

@CS Tactical
    Pls to tell us more about the 6.5CM in the Envy Pro chassis with the C6 stock. What barrel action, assuming the barrel is CF?

What does it weigh and are you able to get it to balance a few inches in front of the magwell for shooting off a bag on barricades (stumps, rocks, fence posts…)?

I’ve got NRL Hunter on the brain and thinking my 2023 project may be a rifle setup for that game. My 6GT won’t cut it. It’s too heavy even stripped of all the chassis weights, and seems like 6.5CM is the way to go for making the required 380K power factor. Even shooting the 115 DTACs I would have to push the 6mm faster than I want to. I’m already setup to load 6.5CM from my RPR, but I have new gun-itis.

Even tho I’m a MDT fan I am starting to really like the Envy Pro chassis now that the C6 butt stocks are available. I follow you on Sniper’s Hide and see you guys have them in stock….

I was out this morning practicing for this weekend’s NRL22 match. One of the advantages of being retired (evil grin).

Setup a few of the COFs and ran them a few times. Last day of decent weather for a bit. Cold front coming in tonight and supposed to be in mid-teens to freezing for a bit. Guess fall is finally giving way to winter.

The stage with the tank trap is going to be sporty. Targets are 1” and 2” plates @ 75 yds, shooting positions are from each of the tank trap tips and last position is off the rope tied between two legs. Doable, provided the wind doesn’t kick up….

Name:  01D8A406-525A-4B7E-AD99-2F234CB2DDED.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  83.6 KBName:  E2E2AA8E-F9B7-4C9D-8BA3-1E90C1AF8652.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  88.9 KB

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    @CS Tactical
    Pls to tell us more about the 6.5CM in the Envy Pro chassis with the C6 stock. What barrel action, assuming the barrel is CF?

What does it weigh and are you able to get it to balance a few inches in front of the magwell for shooting off a bag on barricades (stumps, rocks, fence posts…)?

I’ve got NRL Hunter on the brain and thinking my 2023 project may be a rifle setup for that game. My 6GT won’t cut it. It’s too heavy even stripped of all the chassis weights, and seems like 6.5CM is the way to go for making the required 380K power factor. Even shooting the 115 DTACs I would have to push the 6mm faster than I want to. I’m already setup to load 6.5CM from my RPR, but I have new gun-itis.

Even tho I’m a MDT fan I am starting to really like the Envy Pro chassis now that the C6 butt stocks are available. I follow you on Sniper’s Hide and see you guys have them in stock….

I did a writeup with details of the build and weight in this post here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1406153

XLR Envy Pro w/o weights as seen 14 pounds 1.5 ounces with bipod

Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 M3X NLE
    ARC M-Brace 1.26" 20 MOA
    Impact Precision 737R Action AW Cut Stainless Steel
    Bartlein Carbon Fiber M24 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and threaded by Rubicon Precision
    Bix and Andy Tac Sport Pro
    MBM self timing Brake
    XLR Industries Envy Pro with the C6 stock no weights
    MDT magazines
    Atlas Cal Bipod

We sold out of the ENVY's but will have more in a few weeks
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 11-08-2022 at 03:38 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Gen 3 Glock 26 with Trijicon night sights in a 3 stage carry gun match with pretty close in targets. 39As, 3Cs 2 Mikes (as I skipped a target - BAH). Time - turtle speed. Best As, worst speed - yep, shoot faster, get more Cs.

Match nuances - fun - carry guns and carry holsters. Some guys wear gaming pouches - silly for the match purpose. One stage, put your loaded gun and extra mags on barrel. Beep, engage. I decided to first pick up a mag and put it in the pouch. My logic was that if I were at home and going to fight, I would pick up the gun and stow a mag before moving out. Folks argued that would slow you down - and it would but since I'm slow, so what. So I'm shooting and go for the next mag and the SO yells: NOPE! I say - what? He says keep shooting. After I'm done, he says you got your next mag from your side. The crowd says - Hey, he stowed it at the beep, which is legit. He didn't see it as I'm a left and he was on other side. Apologies and a reshoot. Basically same result.

Now, some folks had optics on their small carry guns. There was discussion that at these distances the optic was not optimal. I've seen that discussion, don't need them for that close, good for far.

All in all a good day. Hadn't shot in quiet awhile to to family illnesses. Next carry match - G42 or 642? It's practice for carry as compared to 'winning' as I never will. I hit the targets well, good enough for this geezer.

I had a chance to rezero my Beretta 1301 and do some patterning yesterday. The CROM had come loose a couple of months ago. I had originally mounted it a few years back with vibratite. This time I mounted it the same way I mount handgun optics and plates with blue loctite, which is the way @SoCalDep posted he does things in the big thread about how PMOs are doing in class.

This is with Federal Flitecontrol 9pellet 00 Buck. I vastly prefer the low-recoil 8pellet version, but I literally only have 9 rounds of that left so I’m using the 9pellet for now since I have enough of that. The 9th pellet flier began showing up at 10y where you can see a single pellet hole next to the big hole where the wad went through. I think the remaining 8 went through the hole that the 5y group went through. I can only count 8 holes in the 15y group but the rest of the silhouette was completely untouched and there’s no way the pellet went so far away from the group that I completely missed the target backer. I think the flier is the one at the 2 o’clock in the 9-ring and two pellets must have gone through the same hole in the main group that’s in the X and 10 rings. The wad at 15y impacted about 6” above the pellets.
    Name:  FF5847C3-B39E-43FD-9956-6F4AD9B35584.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  51.3 KB

I zeroed at 25y so I used that as my patterning at that distance. I don’t have a photo of that but things were less consistent. Sometimes, even with the flier, the group would be within an 8-9” area. Other times, the flier really seemed to get away from the group and left the 8.5” x 11” B8 paper completely. I then fired a couple of Federal Deep Penetrator Slugs, one at 25y and one at 50y, to see where they’d hit. I only have 13 of these left so I didn’t want to burn too many.

Name:  FBD0482B-4052-49CE-A1D2-C57208D627DF.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  64.9 KB

The Beretta now goes back to HD duty.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Shot the new P365 X-Macro vs my spare XL. Irons vs irons to keep things equal. Also swapped slides. 3 ammo types, Winchester 115 grain purple practice ammo (+P equivalent), S&B 124 grain FMJ and Speer 124 grain +P Gold Dot.

Shot offhand slow fire for accuracy at 10, 15, and 25. Saw no real difference in accuracy between the ported and standard slides.

Ran a few bill drills from low ready (waiting on a macro holster). A minor difference in times with the +P equivalent ammo. No real difference with standard velocity ammo.

It seemed the grip (Macro vs XL) made more difference than the porting.

Name:  C0CFE2F5-CA01-4576-8C9E-C62EB793CD88.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  4DEDA4E4-D486-4F5E-99BA-8155CBC2533F.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  64.2 KB

Will experiment more once I get an RDS on the X-Macro.

Two Smiths and a Pony to verify some DIY gunsmithing.

The irons on the M&P Compact were hitting way left and required aggressive adjustment of both front and rear with a VISM sight pusher. The good news is both the irons and circle-only dot shoot tight groups (for me) at 22 yards.

I installed the Wilson sights on my Python and only required one click right and one click down to be on at 15 yards with 130 grain Winchester .38s and 135 Grain Speer Gold Dots .38s. I'm down to 14 rounds of that same load in .357, I hope Speer starts making this again soon.

The Model 28-2 needed no adjustment but it's occasionally amusing to launch some 125 grain flash bangs in a gun that makes them feel like .38 +P.

Name:  IMG-1740.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  62.9 KB

Two 9mm Bedside Guns

I use both of these two pistols alternatively as my bedside nightstand gun, with a TLR1.

I fired a little over 200 rounds, mostly through the PDP since it’s relatively new and I just recently added the Steiner MSP. The only downer with the MSP is the”auto-off” 13 hour default mode, which I override when it’s doing bedside duty.

The Canik has a great trigger, but I need to put some Talon grips on it since its grip texture leaves a lot to be desired….esp when compared to the Walther.

Name:  44509B5A-532D-44EC-AED7-294553A6E71F.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  63.8 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter
    Wife and I had a weekday date at the range yesterday afternoon. I finally had a chance to sight in the replacement laser on the nightstand gun. Streamlight was great about replacing it when the plastic housing cracked. Ran through my carry ammo and replaced it with a fresh box.

Had fun shooting HK LEM with laser and the G19 with a dot. Wife had a few WTF moments switching between the two. Slightly different triggers . Dot FTW, definitely.

Wife's Walther broke the ejector pin. Just a bit off the top . Walther is sending a replacement. Was on the phone with them for maybe 4 minutes total, including navigating the phone menu... Which was nice.

Great way to spend a slow afternoon with Wife.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Name:  05654B91-8DE0-4EE7-8C71-9F0CBABA8700.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  75.2 KB

I bought a Tac14 Sunday and shot it today. It’s fairly mild with birdshot. I shot one round of Federal low recoil 00 at 5 and 10 yards. I then fired a round of full power Hornady 00 but I had a poor grip and it recoiled into my face-no harm done fortunately. I tried another round with a better grip. It was ok but I’m going to reserve the Hornady CD for the 1187.

Name:  37B1A87F-BFDD-4A67-9943-3A38E871EEA4.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  72.5 KB

I then ran two or three magazines of birdshot trying to get a feel for aiming.

I then adjusted the rear sight on one of my Shield Pluses.

The club had the range open for night shooting last week and Monday and Tuesday this week. Last week I shot my 300 Blackout pistol and my M&P CORE/ACRO. Tonight I shot my M&P15 with the Leupold 1-4 VX Hog Hunter with a green filtered Streamlight TLRHL, the Shield Plus, the Tac14, and the 1187. The Hornady full power Critical Duty 00 seemed to have significantly more muzzle flash than the Tac14 with the Federal low recoil.

User Tag List