Page 21 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Went to my range and worked on some reload issues with my 20 inch 6.5 Grendel AR upper - some of my old brass needs to be trashed - no issues with new/newer brass. Rezero'ed my 6.5 Creedmoor after I dropped it off my work bench - duh! Did a Dot Torture with my M&P 2.0 FDE 5 inch 9mm. Hot and humid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    This thing just doesn't like Winchester Forged. I know it's crap ammo but all my other guns will run it.
    I thought this was a known issues with HK, no steel cased ammo...
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I didn't know. I only bought it for the cool Rainbow Six nostalgia factor so only running brass in it isn't a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Urge to buy a Ruger 22/45 is rising....
    Get a 22/45 AND an Advantage Arms .22 conversion! I won't say the pair is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on but it's certainly up there...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I believe it's due to the stepped chamber. Doesn't play well with the malleability of the steel.
    Taking a break from social media.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Name:  2A0260AB-9135-45E6-997A-938E0159A767.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  87.5 KB

I did 345 rounds of steel practice on Friday. On Saturday, I shot a uspsa match and was super down on myself after just performing way under what I am capable of, modest as even that is. Today I did a 350 round class at Firearms Academy of Seattle on moving - moving while shooting, moving targets, shooting moving targets on the move. It was a good class that restored a bit of confidence in my shooting, which I needed. I’ll try to do an AAR on it.

About 850 rounds in the last three days. The Elite is up to 4961 rounds since April.

Back to dry fire work tomorrow.

I shot my BCM 9" 300BLK SBR today. Got that sucker zeroed for my upcoming hog hunt. Shot Barnes Vor-TX 110 grain and was impressed with the accuracy.
    Last edited by donlapalma; 07-14-2019 at 10:12 PM.

USP .45– I had forgotten how much fun this thing is to shoot. First time it had been out of the safe in almost 7 years. My first issued pistol, and a beast of a gun. It has never missed a beat.

Took a few shotguns up to the gravel pit with my 14yo son today. Stevens model 12 12g, Winchester model 1912 20g, Winchester model 42 .410, fun to get the old ones out once in a while, and our normal quacker blasters (870 super mag for me and 870 20g for him) was an awesome day shooting pigeons. Kind of bitter sweet when your teenager starts to out shoot you though.

User Tag List