Page 185 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2253

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    G17 Gen 4, stock, irons at USPSA small match. Ran well, no hiccups. Good hits, slow pace, bad knee, limping around (wah, wah).
    Saw the results - top 4 for As, bottom for times as usual. Other top 4, optics - but distances weren't far so stock Glock sights on that gun worked for me. See how the SRO works next weekend. Oh, how can I shoot a Glock with that grip angle? The mind boggles. Notes from the match - gun don't run, dude - check your handloads. Nothing else failed, the other day.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Finshed my session with another 80's retro experience

And my revolver shooting is so bad now, I think the 1980's is where I left my double action shooting skills....but nothing wrong with my pair of 19-3's, both retimed and tuned by Nelson Ford. Going through a few more lurkers in the back row of the safe...it was fun. I would have to spend A LOT of dryfire time to shoot these well again.

Name:  19-3 s.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  99.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I shot a local monthly USPSA match. Second target on the first stage is a pepper popper at ~15 yards, and I took something like eight or ten shots to knock it down. My raw time should've been about 10-12 seconds faster than it was. I have two identical Carry Optics G17s, so I went to the safety area and swapped guns. The rest of the match went fine. I'm going to rezero the first gun tomorrow afternoon and I hope the sight is off because I'm going to feel real bad about my shooting if it's not.
    Re-zeroed the gun today and it was about 4 inches to the left at 20 yards. Now I've got to wonder if something broke in the sight and it's going to lose zero again.

Re-zeroed the gun today and it was about 4 inches to the left at 20 yards. Now I've got to wonder if something broke in the sight and it's going to lose zero again.
    How many rounds since it was last zeroed? Mounting still solid?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    How many rounds since it was last zeroed? Mounting still solid?
    I dunno maybe 5k? The mount's still solid; that's the first thing I checked yesterday after I noticed the problem.

I dunno maybe 5k? The mount's still solid; that's the first thing I checked yesterday after I noticed the problem.
    Dang, that's too many to try and get it to move in an afternoon's worth of shooting. @GJM, do you ever have to periodically have to re-zero for reasons that aren't ammo or gun related changes?

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Dang, that's too many to try and get it to move in an afternoon's worth of shooting. @GJM, do you ever have to periodically have to re-zero for reasons that aren't ammo or gun related changes?
    I see subtle changes in POI from ammo, light conditions, and technique, but four inches is more than I would expect from those factors. Sounds like something is off, and if it is the optic, I would be highly suspicious of that individual optic or it's mount.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I see subtle changes in POI from ammo, light conditions, and technique, but four inches is more than I would expect from those factors. Sounds like something is off, and if it is the optic, I would be highly suspicious of that individual optic or it's mount.
    Thanks!

Name:  BF0EC398-8FC7-48D8-B6DE-464F9A368F69.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  58.6 KB

Yesterday I worked on zeroing my old M&P15T with a new 1-8 Strike Eagle at 200. I shot several groups that had two almost touching and one away. All three shots however generally were grouping around 2 1/2”. This was with Hornady 55 grain steel case ball.
    I’m going to try some other ammunition.

Name:  36050B7F-BB1F-4CFF-B280-CF059D6BBCB8.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  24.8 KB

I shot the Handgun Combatives Three Round Fadeback with my daily carry M&P9 2.0C (iron sights).

Name:  D6F30839-01FD-4A78-AE16-BDA5A1531437.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  30.8 KB

This is five rounds of 22 magnum Federal 50 grain from my Super Wrangler at 25 yards. I have some 40 grain CCI but didn’t have any with me.

I also shot the 8 rounds of Velocitor from my 43C and tried a cylinder of Stingers. The Velocitors group better and have a centered point of impact so I keep it loaded with those.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Late yesterday afternoon:

Name:  1911-SFS.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  21.5 KB

The drive that normally takes 25 minutes took 45 minutes because reasons, I guess. I was at the range for about a half-hour when it occurred to me that things were getting a little smokey. Back in the day, the range had been a gunshop; the owner monitored the range (in the basement) by CCTV and if you used it, you had to be checked out on running the ventilation system and the lights because he didn't feel like running up and down the stairs. So I checked the panel and yep, it was offline. I told the RO, he checked it out, tried to reset the breaker, and it had truly shit the bed. he closed the range.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List