Page 51 of 232 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

250 rounds in pouring rain:

Started with my CZ P-07 from concealment under winter clothing. In honor of the excellent shooting ability of Mr. Wilson, I was working on head shots on a Metric target at 12 yards. The raingear and heavy sweater slowed me down, but the times weren't as bad as it felt. Average was around 1.7s. When the rain let up, I shot with just a heavy sweater: average ~1.4s for 26 hits, and 2 misses. Two fouled draws brought my time to around 2.0s each.

It was raining so hard that I didn't switch to my USPSA Production rig, and completed the rest of the practice with my carry gun.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-07-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Shot my m66.
    Shot this because of the church shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Shot my m66.
    Shot this because of the church shooting.

Great shooting as usual. You make it look easy.
    What are you loading up for training rounds? And what ammo are you carrying?
    I've been carrying my 66 daily but with Buffalo Bore 158gr 38's and would like to change that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    Great shooting as usual. You make it look easy.
    What are you loading up for training rounds? And what ammo are you carrying?
    I've been carrying my 66 daily but with Buffalo Bore 158gr 38's and would like to change that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks

Right now 7gr unique under 158gr bullet. Im carrying magnum 125gr golden sabers. Im lucky that the poi is the same.

Id be ok with critical duty/defense or any other good mag loads. Im pretty happy with my 140gr xtp load as well which i might switch to.

Been sick for a week and cooped up inside. Finally got out and put the first rounds through my RH10. Had some failures to eject that I think we're because I didn't get the cosmoline or whatever grease they ship the guns in out of the extractor before I took it to the range. After the 3rd failure I field stripped it and saw dark orange grease around the extractor. I oiled the extractor and didn't have another failure after that. So hopefully it'll be good after a good cleaning.

Name:  rh10.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  100.1 KB

S&W 625 in .45acp, pre-lock. So much fun to shoot. It was clean when I started. It felt good to finally get outside for a bit.

Name:  625.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  48.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Name:  IMG_1311.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  38.0 KB

Shot my 1991A1 until the King's sight broke slap dab in half on the second stage. Shot the next stage over the stump. Then the MD had mercy on me and loaned me his spare gun, a SA RO.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

Shot my 1991A1 until the King's sight broke slap dab in half on the second stage. Shot the next stage over the stump. Then the MD had mercy on me and loaned me his spare gun, a SA RO.
    Wow! I haven't heard that name in a long time. I think I still have one of those in a parts bin. Now I use Harrison's retro sight for that application.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

No new pics, I shot the G44 with a silencer on it yesterday. Ran like a top with whatever crap ammo I found in the range bag. I’d still like a more aesthetically pleasing design to the threaded barrel/thread adapter/can interface.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Wow! I haven't heard that name in a long time. I think I still have one of those in a parts bin. Now I use Harrison's retro sight for that application.
    Oh, you DO!
    FLG is digging out a Novak Competition. If that does not suit, I will hit you up for that one.

The "retro" is comparable to the King's Hardball but the National Match give a barn door sight picture equal of Bomar, but fixed.
    Never could see the point of a hundred bucks of milling machine time for a fixed sight. But Low Novak rules.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    My SBRs. First time shootng rifles in the action pistol bay. Most of my AR shooting has been 50 yd or more.

Lke a noob, I either forgot to loctite my lights or didnt apply enough. Both started coming loose. Pulled them off before they got looser.

610 rounds through the DSG 11.5" upper (the gun with FDE furniture). Very happy with it. Boringly reliable so far and with an H2 buffer is a breeze to shoot. May have to buy a couple more H2s for my pistol + other SBR...

The patch on my rifle bag is courtesy of my brother - Xmas gift, of course.

User Tag List