Page 1 of 226 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

What did you shoot today?

I've seen this type of thread at a couple of other places and they're fun.

Today was 9mm and working on the fundamentals day. I've gotten into a bad habit of just wanting to ring the 15yd steel plates at the range so today's primary goal was to stay on the 7yd line and work on front sight focus, DA first shot from low ready and follow through.

I discovered it's real easy for me to get into a groove and start outrunning my sights. Almost 500 rounds between the Shield 1.0 and a pair of Beretta 92 Compacts but there was improvement. At the end of the session I put the last 45-50 rounds through the black 92 on the 2 15yd plates and knew exactly where to hold to get a first round DA hit. It's small progress but it's progress.

Railed 92 Compact I picked up about 3 weeks ago with and without light

Non-railed I picked up a week ago from KG in the Classifieds here

KG said he put about 3000 rounds through it and I believe it. Smooth and easy to shoot well when I take my time. I need to measure the Langdon Tactical panels, they feel thinner than the WC but I don't know if they are or if it's just my perception.

Sighted in the Fastfire on the Scorpion. Still working out light placement vs my hand placement vs the handstop.

No pictures of the Shield or the CMMG .22 AR conversion I put about 100 rounds through. I had to make myself stop with the conversion because I was running out of time to finish up with the Berettas. Man that thing is F-U-N!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Today I shot the G19 as the focus of my range session. No photos because it looks like everyone else’s G19. Worked a little on marksmanship and cadence (Vickers 300, Advanced Super Test, Guerrilla Approach Consistency Target).

I also put 20 rounds through my new AR pistol build to verify function (bolt travels far enough to the rear to feed a new round, bolt locks back on empty after last round, etc).

It still needs sights. I haven’t decided between a red dot and standard irons or a LPVO and offset irons. This might be the thing that finally pushes me over the edge to submit a Form 4 and get a suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

CQB Elite 10mm

Shot one of my CQB Elite 10mms yesterday. It has been a bit of a problem child but it did fine with Freedom Munitions 200 he at 900 FPS and new Wilson mags
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  477D3F1E-1170-4E5E-85F0-79D05FABC69C.jpg
Views: 3323
Size:  85.9 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

We all got it comin’ kid
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Shot a Sig C3 1911 yesterday. Just 1 mag for function check after installing an ambi safety for a friend. Nice gun.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Wilson Combat X-Tac 9mm.

Worked on cleaning up my press-out and some retention shooting.

Ruger Standard pistol for last three days. Working on sight acquisition and trigger control. I have an issue with my trigger press pushing the shot to the left when I increase speed. Easy to diagnose and work on with a rimfire.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shot my Buckmark last weekend.
    Name:  DSC_2116.jpg
Views: 2922
Size:  103.3 KB

Moments later, shot my CZ 452.
    Name:  DSC_2115.jpg
Views: 2935
Size:  102.5 KB

Been trying to get those buggers for several weeks.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Yesterday was DAO day, with the 92D Compact, and the 10-5.

Today was a match, in the dark, with the 92D Compact and the Evo III. The Evo III is basically shooting with cheat codes enabled (I still need to work on the reloads).
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List