Page 168 of 226 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2253

Thread: What did you shoot today?

40-odd year old ammo

Name:  IMG-5876.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  94.8 KB

150 rounds of 80's era Remington Viper 22 through my 1971 RST6 and my M&P 22 Compact. Out of 150 rounds only 3 misfires and one low-power load. 2 of the 3 misfires fired after rechambering.

What did you shoot today?

350 round CO practice + 50 rounds of .22. Worked on the 03-07 Riverdale Standards classifier today. Note that my setup was actually a little more challenging because the RSO made me move all the targets back to the berm.

Started off with an 84%, but felt slow. I did some "speed mode" runs, and 50 rounds of .22 to work on "see what you need to see" @JCN. The next run was faster, but with too many points down. I was feeling like it was a vision issue, but couldn't put my finger on it. I tried turning the dot way up, and things got a lot better: 90%, 95%, 93%, 92%. I think the brighter dot helped me be less precise, while still picking a precise spot on the target--if that makes any sense.

Now, I turned the dot back down to my normal brightness, and shot a 96% (similar time, but with only 2 points down). Very interesting.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I went to Shooter's World in Goodyear, Az. and rented a Mark IV 22/45, bought a box of Aguila .22s and a target for $20, wow that's expensive. I'm a member and shouldn't have been charged for the rental but I forgot to ask.

Anyway, I had a great time. Set the target at 10 yard, started hitting left but settled in and put a nice whole in the bullseye.

I was waiting for my Van to be repair, it's right across the street from the range. The lent me an electric scooter to be able to get across the street. I'm handicapped and needed something to get just that far. Mad for a wonderful morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    350 round CO practice + 50 rounds of .22. Worked on the 03-07 Riverdale Standards classifier today. Note that my setup was actually a little more challenging because the RSO made me move all the targets back to the berm.
    Fun fact, I worked on that classifier with George. It was debuted at the 2002 “Area 8 Factory Gun Championship” at which I was the match director. This was the last, and likely will always be, the last Area match held in NJ. We were the first low-cap championship match held, even though the Nets would claim they were which was held months later. There was also a Race Gun Area 8 that same year.

Anyway, thanks for letting me reminisce. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    I was waiting for my Van to be repair, it's right across the street from the range.
    It's nice when it works out like that. When I lived in TN, there was an indoor range next door to the tire place I used. I was better about keeping my tires rotated then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Fun fact, I worked on that classifier with George. It was debuted at the 2002 “Area 8 Factory Gun Championship” at which I was the match director. This was the last, and likely will always be, the last Area match held in NJ. We were the first low-cap championship match held, even though the Nets would claim they were which was held months later. There was also a Race Gun Area 8 that same year.

Anyway, thanks for letting me reminisce. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Thanks for posting about this. I was wondering where Riverdale was. It's a good classifier, well-liked by MDs who need something easy to set-up. The HHFs were recently reduced by ~7%, but it's still quite challenging. I like that it tests fast and precise transitions, and that (along with easy setup) makes it good for practice rotation.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Classic Winchester model 52

Took my Winchester model 52, built in 1932, down to my shooting area and ran some rounds through it. It has Lyman peep sights and I was just honing in on zeroing it in.
    Also took my Ruger Mark IV target pistol while I was in that .22 frame of mind.

Name:  B0BFC102-E69B-496C-B862-FC62A6CB8D9B.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  58.5 KB

I had to repurpose the Aimpoint that I had on the S&W M&P15-22 some time ago. I had a Primary Arms micro-style not doing anything so I put it on last night and zeroed it this afternoon. I’m planning on using it at a bowling pin match Sunday.
    I also shot six rounds of 22 short HP I had carried on my short lived trap line last weekend.
    I then put a few more cylinders through the used 43C I bought earlier this month. So far so good with that one.

Name:  After RevUp Kit and Bushnell.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  18.6 KB

Shot 200 rounds out of my 4 inch S&W 617 using the new RevUp Action Hammer Kit. Trigger is smooth and a pleasure to shoot. I also installed my Bushnell First Strike RDS. The dot stays put throughout the entire trigger pull and I'm getting better groups.

Site Supporter
    This being January, I decided to shoot the ammo I have been carrying in my M&P45 Compact for the last couple of years. I haven’t been carrying it often so a couple of years isn’t unreasonable. The ammo was HST 230-grain +P. I had 20 rounds loaded and the Rangemaster Short Combat Accuracy Test takes 20 rounds and I’d never tried it, so that’s what I did. Score came out to 119; it was definitely due to good hits rather than speed.
    Name:  8AB037AA-4318-4B84-805F-A6F92CA940E4.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  27.5 KB

User Tag List