Page 72 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I admit it’s pretty satisfying when every kid who sees it says, “Whoa, cool, can I shoot that one?”
    Kids young AND old, I bet

Performance Center 686+ 2.5" .357mag.
    Gutted the lock and installed a plug.
    Installed a Apex DAO hammer and spring kit.
    Stoned and polished the internals.

Woe be upon the fool who tries to force their way into my vehicle with bad intentions.

It shoots damn nice now, super smooth DAO with solid primer hits and enough weight to tame even beastly .357's.

Name:  686+.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  98.4 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I put another 50 rounds thru my Roland Special after installing a steel rod w 13# spring. Ran like a scaled dog.

Name:  8052BBBB-5F70-4D02-B564-864258A77FF5.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  102.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I put another 50 rounds thru my Roland Special after installing a steel rod w 13# spring. Ran like a scaled dog.

Name:  8052BBBB-5F70-4D02-B564-864258A77FF5.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  102.0 KB

That actually looks damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    That actually looks damn good.
    Thanks. I’m really digging it. So far I’ve just been doing a function check w it. This Saturday I’m gonna go out and actually run some drills w it to see how it does.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Last night me and the Beretta 686 20g almost tied my personal best at skeet. Missed an easy target on the last round (high 7 on the double) to end up with 25/24/25/23=97

This as my foray into .40 for practice has ended due to tendinitis in my right elbow. 230-grain standard pressure .45 ACP does not aggravate it like the faster .40 muzzle torque does. I shot some with my Lawman, but decided to focus on the RRA. I forgot how easy the RRA is to shoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Glock 26.5 and 19X w/ RMR. 19M was present, but I didn't shoot it.

I haven't been carrying the 19X on duty yet because I haven't felt comfortable with it. Today was the day everything seemed to click though...I wasn't trying to find the dot, I was tracking it well after recoil...I'm pretty happy.

While it's only in the mid-90's I shot my 19X from 3:30 IWB while wearing my concealable IIIa armor under a T-shirt.
    Gotta know how everything plays together.
    Went well.

Name:  19x_armor.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  48.1 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I've carried this PM9 in a pocket so long the grip had polished to the point is was like a wet bar of soap.
    Did a little home stippling.
    All better now.

This little PM9 is a shooter as well. It's ridiculously accurate and 100% reliable.

Name:  pm9.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  100.5 KB

User Tag List