Page 104 of 232 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Initially I looked at these as a temporary measure until doing a full texturing job, but if they work out for IWB carry I'll be happy to just stick with them.
    thanks, I will try a set, and I see they sell sheets of the material as well, I think of the stippling jobs as "getting married to the gun" so for things that may not live here forever, I would rather find a material that works for getting that traction/abrasive surface and save the expense...

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    thanks, I will try a set, and I see they sell sheets of the material as well, I think of the stippling jobs as "getting married to the gun" so for things that may not live here forever, I would rather find a material that works for getting that traction/abrasive surface and save the expense...
    Yeah I hear ya there...I may think at the time I'll keep this gun forever but historically it hasn't worked out that way...out of I think seven guns I've had textured, I still own only one. Swore I'd never pay for grip work again, if I really wanted it done I'd learn to do it myself, but that hasn't happened yet lol.

Just got an email this morning that Talon will be doing $4 off anything $19.99 or more on July 4th, don't think there's a coupon code I think it'll just go live on the 4th.

Name:  BC7A0E5C-B0B1-47D8-AE95-40D7D4F9751A.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  62.4 KB

Last night, I test fired my daughter’s Shield after I put an Apex duty/carry trigger kit in it. I also put 23 rounds through my new Shield Plus. So far, it seems promising.

Get off my lawn:

Name:  4July2021Woodchuck14.3grCrosmanPremierDome.22.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  103.9 KB

14.3 grain Crosman Premier Dome out of a 22 caliber spring piston. I leave it uncocked in the kitchen corner with a pellet in the chamber for just such occasions. Shot is better than it looks as it was slightly quartering away. Hit the ground, rolled over, kicked a bit, and died. Then brought the beagle out to its trail and let him track to the body where he threw it around for a minute. Now back to my beer while the oldest skins the porker, cleans it, and gets the meat in the fridge..

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Thank goodness for DST and long days...time to play after work. Thanks to AWP101 for putting me into this upper...I sure like it.

Attachment 73381
    Glad you like it!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Decided to take my M1 to the range on the 4th. Brought my .22's along too.

Name:  Range day.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  101.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Yesterday I zeroed my M16A2 using the RIBZ method (gives me 100yd and 50/200 settings on the elevation wheel) and did some iron sight shooting on steel at 250. The gong is below and to the left of the muzzle.

Name:  6F11EA54-A05A-4BB3-AB9A-618C7AF1E429.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  55.4 KB

What did you shoot today?

Just finished a quick 225 rd. session. Shadow2, Production rig. Mostly working on exits. I’m also trying some new stuff with my draw, and was pretty happy with the results.

25yd 8” plate. 1.21, 1.21, 1.24(m),1.15(m), 1.00

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Shot the local bowling pin match this morning with an HK USP9 and Federal XM9001 115 gr JHP ammo.
    I usually run a .45 on bowling pins but decided to switch it up for today's match.
    They run 3 different positions on the table for the different calibers; .22 LR (far back ~ 10 inches from the edge), anything less than .40S&W puts the 5 pins another 10 inches forward on the table, and anything .40S&W and above the pins are set another 10 inches further forward on the table (closer to the shooter and harder to knock off the table). Long story short, for the first time ever I took 1st place shooting bowling pins.
    That Federal 115 gr JHP is fairly warm (~1225 fps) and has a bark to it. It was a good day!

Name:  6DF70150-BB0E-4737-A435-9C3E4C728BF5.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  48.9 KB
    Name:  EB04819C-67E1-483F-8CAF-AAD4356CFEA6.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  33.2 KB

I shot the Shield Plus I bought earlier this month. I started with the FBI PQC, dropping five points (didn’t make time on one stage). I shot the Rangemaster drill of the month but didn’t record the target. Then I shot the Rangemaster Bullseye Course, scoring 263. I’m usually running around 285 on this course with a service pistol. I like shooting the Plus more than my older Shield, seems like I grip it better. I’m hoping to be able to buy more magazines soon.

User Tag List