Page 59 of 232 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    @MRW - M&P 1.0s in .40 are one of the best deals out there. They had none of the accuracy issues that plagued some of the 9x19s and are exceedingly reliable. I have an early one, bought new, and it currently pulls nightstand duty with a TLR-1 mounted on it.

@entropy - Sweet 16 gauge!

Name:  2BE83410-DBEA-410E-B639-ED7EA2026722.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  45.6 KB

Not knowing if ranges will be continue to operate I finally made time to zero my Black Friday Geiselle URGI upper with Aimpoint T2. Only 25 yards off a range bag as a rest but that’s three rounds touching. I am mostly impressed with my 2 MOA eyeballs

Name:  20200318_104846_HDR.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  70.7 KB
    Plus my 590.

I did all my drills with my soe micro rig. Still pretty easy even carrying aiwb.

Site Supporter
    No pictures, sorry.

I took my two M&P45 1.0s to a local 'smith yesterday to have him install Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on them. This afternoon I went to the range to zero them, using a B8 at ten yards. The box-stock full-size one was perfect as is. The mid-size one (bought used as a police trade-in) has an Apex duty trigger and the first shot was a surprise break, alright. The rear sight needed to be moved to the right a smidge, from the ten to the X-ring. Elevation was good on both using 230-grain standard velocity HST as well as my 230-grain coated RNL handloads.

That done, I ran 25 rounds of Fiocchi 00 through my 870 to remind myself how it feels. I really enjoy that gun!

Everything ran with zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Everything ran with zero issues.
    Those are the best range trips, aren't they?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

As I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, for some inexplicable reason my 90-seconds-away completely outdoor gun club with bays a good 25 yards apart decided to shut down due to Coronapocalypse.

I therefore spent the day doing a little bit of work and then making some headway on cleaning and organizing my home office, which resembled a poorly organized gun store yard sale.

So the answer to what did I shoot today is zilch. And now I know what PMS feels like and will never joke about it again.

Shot a variety of guns with a friend in the backyard.

Not a great day for my marksmanship, but our main focus, a loaner Glock 20, was a revelation for me! The big Glock fit both of us great, and I shot it better than any 9mm Glock I have shot.

Now lusting for a 21, dammit. Or a 20 with a conversion barrel or two. I might prefer a 2nd Gen cause I didn't like the finger grooves at all ( they fit me fine on a 17/19), but it didn't interfere with running the gun.

3" GP-100 was also nice. I like the balance.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Took wife for a practice session.

I put together at her request an AR9 - PSA 9mm lower for Glock mags, PSA 16 inch 9mm upper. Tried to make it simple and put a Simmons 1.5x5 "Turkey Scope" on it with an AERO scope mount so no batteries to worry about. We put about 100 rounds of my 115FMJ reloads through it with no issues. She was happy and shot it very well at plate rack and an IDPA target at 25 yards. I zeroed it to start the session at 25 yards (that 5x made that easier) off front and rear bag and I out 5 of my reload 115FMJs into one inch at 25 yards.

We also shot my AR that I travel with - PSA CHF pinned 14.5 5.56 1-7 upper with Vortex PST Gen 1 1-4 on an LMT lower with a LAW folder. She shot it well but no doubt there is more muzzle blast with M193 clone 55FMJ. Shot 50 rounds through it.

Finished with M&P 2.0 FS 9mm. Her nightstand pistol. As always the M&P shot well for us.

I see a lot of time reloading 9mm and 223 in my future.

I have infant children that are bigger and louder than this

I took my Beretta 1301 out and patterned three different buckshot loads: the generic Federal 9 pellet 00 buck found at Walmart, Federal Flite Control 8 pellet 00 buck, and Federal Flite Control 9 pellet 00 buck. I believe the Flite Control loads were both the low recoil versions. I fired one round at 5y at the head, three rounds at 15y at the body (pellets denoted by one hash mark) and one round at 25y at the body (pellets denoted by two hash marks). Both Flite Control loads patterned very similarly to each other. They both ended up slightly to the right at 25y. That might be my zero or it might be the 9th pellet flier people talk about. The generic buckshot didn’t pattern as well. I couldn’t account for all 9 pellets at 25y so I believe some spread wider than the target. I’ll stick with the FFC stuff I have for defensive use. Hopefully the FFC 1B load will come back. I’ve always wanted to try it.

Generic Federal 9 pellet
    Name:  B255CCC4-B21C-4D30-9CD7-21F496BD60AD.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  31.1 KB

8 pellet FFC
    Name:  8FF32508-0244-412D-9EC5-B1B9D28C1269.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  31.6 KB
    I threw one of the 15y shots to the right. Otherwise I believe all three rounds would have been clustered as close together as the 9 pellet FFC.

9 pellet FFC
    Name:  6B18AB37-3AB0-4E07-8E44-C997D4279A48.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  32.1 KB
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List